Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, February 7, 2011

Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken! Your favorite drugstore lipstick brand is...

After over 2,000 votes, Nouveau Cheap readers have spoken! What's the most popular drugstore lipstick brand? Drum roll please....


The CLEAR winner with 756 votes is:

Revlon

Coming in second place with 376 votes:

Wet n Wild

Coming in third place with 315 votes:

Maybelline

Also earning a respectable number of votes:

Rimmel (222)
L'Oreal (171)

Rounding out the bottom were Almay with 14 votes and a tie for last place: Jane and Prestige with 10 votes each.

The result that surprised me the most? I was shocked to see 51 votes for Physicians Formula! In fact, when I noticed all the votes for PF coming in, it compelled me to purchase some of their lipsticks (during the CVS clearance) and now I understand the popularity--they're so smooth and creamy. I had never tried a PF lipstick before, so thanks to all of those who voted--your votes compelled me to give them a try and I'm glad I did!

Also, I want to apologize for something: I MADE A HUGE ERROR when I created this poll, and I only discovered my mistake several weeks into the poll. I inadvertently left NYC off this list! The horror! I personally love NYC lipsticks and I want to apologize for the oversight. Once votes have been cast on a poll, you cannot change or alter the poll itself, so I couldn't go back and add NYC since several hundred votes has already been cast when I discovered my error. 

Looking at the number of you who voted "other" I'm wondering if your vote would have gone to NYC if it had been an option! If your vote would have gone to NYC for favorite drugstore lipstick brand, I'd love if you could leave a comment on this post and let me know (just for my own curiosity).

So, what do you think of the results of this poll? Did your favorite drugstore lipstick brand do as well as you thought it would do? Do you agree with results? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

PS: My new poll for favorite drugstore nail polish brand is now up and I'd LOVE it if you cast your vote! I was going to just include brands that can be found at drugstores, but I decided to open it up a bit and include brands that can be found at Target and/or Walmart as well, just to give you more options. As always, I'll run the poll for about a month and then I'll discuss the results here once the votes are in!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Love Revlon!! And love polls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would've definitely voted for Revlon, they make amazing lipsticks! Superlustrous, Moondrops, Colorburst its all good!

    Also regarding my extra care card I went to cvs.com like you suggested to try to register my card. The card has an invalid number meaning it probably wasn't activated by the cashier. Ugh men...hahaha. He basically just handed it to me though. I knew something wasn't right. This is also the CVS on my college campus so its really awful in there. I was going to write CVS about it actually...I dont know.

    Love your blog and thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great poll! (I voted Revlon!)

    I didn't realize PF even MADE lipstick.

    Kinda surprised that WnW beat out Maybelline, though it was pretty close between them. Amazing as they are for many kinds of makeup, I've never found a WnW lipstick I've really liked. The Megalast formula was fine but the shades I tried looked awful on me, even though they were in the range of what I usually wear. But then, I can't get past the play-doh smell of Color Sensational lipsticks, either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the Revlon Colorburst lipsticks, but I'm surprised Maybelline wasn't higher since they brought out the Color Sensationals. Those lipsticks are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Revlon! My personal fave! I miss having the Creme Gloss pen... :( I only have one left but planning on trying the new lip glosses...hope it is as good! Color Burst line is my fav tube lipstick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite lipsticks are L'Oreal, but I'm not surprised that they aren't higher in the poll since many people can't stand the floral smell.

    I'm surprised that LA Colors, which is my favorite, made the poll...but Confetti didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did vote "other" for NYC. I LOVE their lipsticks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I voted for Maybelline, but I just got some Nyx stuff in (which is stocked in the drugstore section at my Ulta), and I think I might actually prefer them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also went out to get some of the Physicians Formula plump lipsticks. I am not interested in plumping necessarily, but love that the formula has hyaluronic acid (helps skin and lips retain moisture for a youthful effect), they are supersmooth. Some one had mentioned that these are better than lip balm and i agree. i am picking up some more soon as they are only 2.99 at CVS. i hope the price isn't an indicator that they are discontinued! can't wait for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would have picked NYC... their Ultra Moist is just too good =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig