Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sneak Peek: New look (and fragrance) from Essence of Beauty!

Attention CVS Essence of Beauty fans! I just spotted this "Sneek Peek" display at a local CVS and I'm excited to share it with you. This is a new fragrance from EoB called Japanese Garden, and the products are in the new EoB packaging:

 L to R: Japanese Garden body mist, body lotion, body & hand cream, eau de toilette


Unless you've never been to a Bath & Body Works before, this new EoB packaging should look a little familiar to you! In particular, the EoB hand & body lotion looks very much like BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom Triple Moisture Shower Cream.

As for the fragrance of Japanese Garden, I can't say that it's an exact dupe of BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom because I only sprayed the tester of the edt into the air and sniffed it quickly. It did remind me of the BBW version, but I'm not sure it was spot-on (it's been a while since I've worn the BBW version so it's not in the forefront of my memory).  I will say that it does have the same feel as Japanese Cherry Blossom. Put it this way: when I smelled Japanese Garden, I didn't immediately think: "Wow, this smells nothing like the BBW version." I hope that helps a tiny bit!

The bottom line is that EoB products run about half the price of BBW products, and of course they're much more easily accessible (if you have a CVS in your town) and CVS always runs sales and offers coupons for EoB products. So it's a nice, low-cost option if you're drawn to BBW scents.  I've used many EoB bath and body products over the years I've been quite pleased with their performance.

Are you excited about the new EoB packaging and their newest fragrance? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I don't have a BBW near me, but there's a cvs across the street, so this is good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Essence of Beauty products that I have tried. You're right, the new packaging looks very similar to BBW.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig