Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, December 26, 2010

Heads up: five-packs of limited edition Maybelline nail colors at Ross!

One of my very favorite limited edition collections from 2010 was the Maybelline Sweet Thing collection. I just loved all the candy-colored pastels in this collection and I especially loved the nail colors (I still wear colors from this collection at least twice a month).

Right before my birthday, I went to Ross looking for some new bed sheets (a birthday treat for myself--hey, I'm frugal even when it comes to housewares, what can I say?). Didn't find any cute sheets, but that's totally OK because I did find these, and I flipped my lid when I spotted them:


Five-packs of limited edition colors from both the Sweet Thing and Salsa Sun collections! And you literally get five for the price of ONE, since I know for a fact that these polishes retailed for $4.99 when they came out. Click here to see my swatches of Pie in the Sky, Goody Plum Drop, Sweetie Pie and Minty.

I had to laugh because the Ross "Compare at" price is seriously underestimated! It really should say "Compare at $25.00"!

If you missed out on these colors when they released earlier this year, or if you fell in love with any of them and would like back-ups, I say brave the after-Christmas crowds and head out to Ross as soon as you can. The day after I spotted these, my lovely reader Shelly left a comment on this post letting us know she spotted them at Ross too, so I have a feeling they're making the rounds. Run, don't walk, if you want some of these. I think they're one of the best, and most unexpected, bargains of the year when it comes to nail polish!

Have you spotted these five-packs at your local Ross stores? If so, did you buy any? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. At the time of the release of these polishes they didn't spark my interest. I know I must of been on something. Recently I've been wanting these. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I found these at Ross a couple of weeks ago too! Beware! They can be a little tacky. Maybe cause they've been sitting there for a while? It's hard to get the polish to set nicely near the cuticles as they look kind of rough along the edges. Pretty colors nonetheless =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, oh why, must I live in NY, where there are no Rosses to be found? I looked everywhere for Goody Plumdrop when it came out and never saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie: Well, at least you have another chance to grab them now! Yay! :)

    Fluffy: Thanks for the heads-up! I guess this is where a good bottle of nail polish thinner comes in handy, right? ;) I'm glad you found them in your area too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. auroragyps: Awwww man, I'm so sorry to hear that! Do you maybe have a friend who could pick some up for you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh what else is on sale at Ross? I am going to hit the shelf tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diva Makeup: Oh girlie, I saw a TON of other stuff on sale when I was there! Color Club polishes sets, lots of e.l.f. makeup kits, and even some Bare Escentuals kits for like $15. It's a good time to check out what your Ross has to offer. Good luck and I hope you score some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey G! Thanks for the heads up. I will let you know and if I see anything interesting, I will post on the blog. I just went shopping at Target, and they have a HUGE HUGE sale! Not that much is left. But I just posted some pictures on my blog if you wanna see:

    http://divamakeupqueen.blogspot.com/2010/12/huge-post-christmas-bargains-at-target.html

    xoxo
    Wing

    ReplyDelete
  9. !! Thanks for the heads up!! I've been lemming Sweet Thing for AGES, you don't even know, so I'm definitely super excited to check tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got the first one of those sets at Ross a week or two ago. :D The one I got was missing Minty though, and it was the only set on the shelf, so they gave it to me 20% off. And now that I see which color was missing, I don't care, since I already own Minty. :D I mostly wanted the blue one.

    I also got a bottle of Pacifica (!) lotion at Ross a few weeks ago for $6 or $7. Since I love Pacifica and their lotions are usually $22, I was super happy. :D It's the Brazilian Mango Grapefruit scent. So awesome.

    I'll have to hit up Ross again and see if mine has anywhere near as much stuff as your awesome one seems to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh, sweet, I love it when Ross has nail polish packs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I will be looking for these, you can't beat that price at all. Thx G.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad!!! No Ross within hundreds of miles!!! :(.. Enjoy everyone that can get them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just wanted to say that today I went to Ross and got the Bare Minerals 100% Pure Moxie set for $8!!! And Pacifica Lotus Blossom lotion for $3!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig