Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Have you tried...Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Mascara?

In this installment of Have you tried... I bring to you the newest addition to the Volum' Express family:

image credit: Target.com

Maybelline Volum' Express One by One Mascara
(retail: around $6.50)

This new mascara made a very quiet entrance (at least in my area) with no snazzy counter or floor display to signify its arrival. One day it just suddenly appeared in the regular Maybelline mascara section of my local CVS, and I never would have noticed it had it not been for the bright pinkish-melon packaging that stood out next to the yellow packaging of Colossal Volum' Express.

So now that it's already at CVS (but still in pre-order status at Target.com), I'm wondering if any of you have tried it?And if so, what are your thoughts? I believe three of you, my lovely readers, have mentioned that you've seen it in your area, which leads me to believe it's probably making its way all over the US by now.

Unlike Colossal Volum' Express, which has a traditional bristle brush, One by One has a rubberized plastic brush, which perhaps will help with its claims to coat each lash one by one with no clumping. Also, it's available in both a washable and waterproof formula (just like all the others in the Volum' Express family).

I've seen a handful of reviews online but nothing that's made me want to run out and grab this ASAP (most say it doesn't volumize as well as promised, but that it does do a great job of separating without clumping). Since I neeeeeed volumizing (desperately!) this might not be a love-match for me, unless one of you can convince me that it truly does volumize (at least as well as Colossal Volum' Express, which I adore).

Have you tried...One by One Mascara?
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Loved Colossal!! Big fan of Lash Blast in blue tube by Cover Girl and Loreal volumious!! Love the new wands as opposed to the bristles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Myabelline Volum' Express with the curved brush is one of the best mascaras I've tried and I almost always have one in my stash.
    I live way way way in Romania so I don't know when I'll get the chance to try it. But I'm reluctant.
    I think the name is silly. "One by one volumizing"? That sounds like a contradiction. And in my experience with those rubber brushes, they never give the volume they promise unless you use multiple coats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought this Sunday at Walgreens with the sale going on. Tried 2x and I really don't like it. I love love Falsies and like the original Volum' Express but this one reminds me of Lash Blast from CG, which pretty much doesn't coat my lashes well. I still use it though after I have coated with my love: The Falsies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting...I haven't seen this yet, but like you say it has made a quiet enterance onto the displays, so I didn't know it was there. I may have to read up on this. One. I love Colossal, but it has a tendency to flake on me...maybe I'll give it another whirl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found this at my local Kmart quite by accident as well. It's pretty decent but definitely more lengthening than volumizing. Isn't going to be my HG, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this one yet, but I must say I'm a real big fan of maybelline's falsies. LOVE it. I am one of your followers and I would be really glad if you'd check up my blog. Here's a link, in case you're interested: http://boondynails.blogspot.com/
    Please follow me, if you enjoy it! ^_^
    It would be so nice of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT...a new mascara release that I didn't know about?! The horror! LOL! But, like you, I need volume, so if it's kind of a bust on that, I'll pass (unless I see a *really* good sale, LOL). Hey, have you tried L'oreal Voluminous Million Lashes yet? I've been using it for 2 months and I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I loved The Falsies, this one makes me very curious! Can't wait for its arrival in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I first saw it, I had a feeling it was going to be a lot like the Falsies mascara. Because, although the Falsies did separate my lashes really well, it did little else.

    With my Colossal Volum I get volume, with my Stiletto I get length. Do I really need this? Especially considering I have that really great Sonia Kashuk lash comb to separate my lashes if it need that?

    Naaaahhhh.....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig