Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 9, 2010

New CVS makeup coupons available at the register!

Whoa! I can't even remember the last time CVS had a booklet of coupons available at the register, but they have one RIGHT NOW (I was just at my CVS tonight) and my friendly cashier gave one to me while I was making my purchase. I'm not sure if you must make a purchase to get one of these booklets, but it appears that might be the case (though it wouldn't hurt to ask!).

I actually giggled because the guy ahead of me in line declined the booklet when he made his purchase, and I was tempted to yell out: "I'll take HIS and MINE!" I didn't, of course, but anyway, let me show you all the beauty-related coupons that are in this booklet, so that you can determine if this merits a trip to your local CVS:

(click to enlarge)






I just realized that I repeated the Ardell and Cristophe coupons in the above pics, so please note that there are not TWO of each of those coupons in this booklet--it's just one of each.

Also of note, SOME of these coupons are CVS store coupons (i.e. they're stackable with manufacturer's coupons if you have them) while others are NOT (i.e. they are manufacturer's coupons, which means you cannot stack them with other manufacturer's coupons you may have). If you're new to couponing, I can tell you how to tell these two types of coupons apart without having to read the fine print: if the barcode starts with the number 5 (like the Ardell and Bio Oil coupons above), it's a manufacturer's coupon. If it starts with the number 4 (like the Maybelline, Cristophe and Bioluxe coupons above), it's a store coupon and you can stack it with a manufacturer's coupon for even more savings.

I hope this helps some of you who may not have known about this special offer. I'm so happy this is available at the register and that we don't have to hope that we get these coupons at the red scanner box or at the bottom of our receipts. It's a nice little holiday gift from CVS.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I work in the coupon industry (not nearly as glamorous as it sounds! LOL). Another easy way to tell the type of coupon is that they should ALWAYS have it written clearly: ie, "Manufacturer's Coupon" as your pics show. Most store coupons explicitly say "Store Coupon", but I see the CVS coupons simply have the store logo on them. Since mfrs *shouldn't* feature a particular retailer, that's a good enough indicator that it's a store coupon, too. Hope this helps! PS: love your blog, and read every post! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool you could do that with coupons in the U.S.. I'm pretty sure you can't do that in Canada, since every coupon in the fine print says "not to be combined with any other offer or coupon". It's probably to keep stores from losing money, which is why it's always "Buy 1, Get 1 Half Off" rather than "Buy 1, Get 1 Free" here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! I'll take his and mines! lol
    I know what you mean. Hope I get one of these :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip. I just love savings..
    By the way, Great blog :)

    http://connectingshoppers2deals.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig