Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, November 6, 2010

Spotted at Dollar Tree, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and Ross

If you've been reading my blog for the past week, you know that I've been working furiously to compile this list. The most important thing I'd like you to take away from reading this is that there are TONS of great beauty products currently surfacing at dollar stores and discount stores right now, so get out there and see what you can find!

I've compiled information and "sightings" submitted to me via comments, emails and tweets, and I want to apologize if I've forgotten to give anyone the credit they deserve. Sometimes multiple people submit similar info to me and it's hard to keep track. If you gave me the heads-up on anything in this post and I did not credit you, PLEASE leave a comment and let me know. I always love to give credit where credit is due!

If I have not included a sighting credit, it means that I spotted these products myself.


Let's start with DOLLAR TREE
(NOTE: all items mentioned below retail for $1)

e.l.f.

nail polishes
lipglosses
Therapeutic Conditioning Lip Balms
concealers
Shimmer Whips
(concealers and Shimmer Whips sighting courtesy of SillyLilacs)

NYC

Lip Sliders
lipsticks
mascaras
liquid foundation
eyeshadows (duos, trios, quads and 8-pan palettes; click here for pics)
Glossies nail polishes, including the much-coveted Molten Metal (click here for pics)
Foil polishes
(sighting courtesy of multiple readers and I also spotted these myself)

Sally Hansen

I mentioned in this post that a lot of people (the first I heard from was my lovely reader Donna) have been spotting the Sally Hansen Nail Prism polishes lately, both the old bottle and the REALLY old bottle. When I went to a second Dollar Tree location in my area recently, I caved and bought some of the really old style Nail Prisms (the round, squat bottles) and I also found an older-style Xtreme Wear polish in Chocolate Nut:


A little tip: these two-packs are $1 each, so even though I only plan to wear one of the shades in some of the 2-packs I purchased, the second shade (see the pink Hard as Nails shades in two of these packs) is not going to go to waste! I am saving these to send in to Zoya the next time they run one of their Polish Exchanges, where you send in your old polishes and they send you bright, shiny new Zoya polishes. So just remember that if you plan to buy any of these 2-packs and you only want one of the colors in the pack!

And courtesy, again, of my lovely reader Donna, these Sally Hansen polishes have also recently been spotted at Dollar Tree:

Maximum Growths
Fire/Star Opals
No Chip 10 Day Nail Colors
Salon Nail Lacquers

Love's

Moisturizing Body Splash (10 oz--this is a spray bottle), Moisturizing Body Lotion (12 oz), and Moisturizing Body Wash (12 oz) in Love's Baby Soft, Berry Sweet and Sugar Kiss fragrances
(this sighting courtesy of Donna)

Olay

Various Body Washes 6.8 oz
(this sighting courtesy of Donna)

Revlon

Matte eyeshadow singles (multiple shades)
(this sighting courtesy of Donna and others)

Softsoap

Honeysuckle and Orange Peel body wash
Pomegranate body wash
Shea Butter body wash
(this sighting courtesy of ashlygoesrawr)

Maybelline

Various eyeshadow singles and duos
(this sighting courtesy of Donna and others)

Mineral Power Blushes in ALL shades including Gentle Pink, True Peach, Simply Coral, and Sunset Bronze
(this sighting courtesy of Donna)

Miraclear 12

Acne Cream
Spot Treatment
Face Wash
(this sighting courtesy of Donna)

Softlips

lip balms in several flavors
(this sighting courtesy of Donna)


Next up, MARSHALLS:

OPI
Nail Polish 2-packs $7.99

I purchased the following 2-pack recently:

Left: Brand New Skates, Right: Mod Hatter


Nicole by OPI

Nail Polish 2-packs $6.99 (Black to the Future and Bah Plum Bug)

e.l.f.

Various makeup kits $5.99

Clinique

Various large sets, kits and palettes, all for around $29.99

Tend Skin

4 oz bottles $10

Ped Egg

Pink Ped Eggs $7.99

DDF

Various skincare products, various prices

Kiehls

Hair Gel $7

Clarins

Lip Balms $9.99

Hercut

Various shampoos, conditioners and styling products for $5.99 each
(NOTE: these products retail for $22-$28 at Sephora!)

Tweezerman

Various tools $5.99

Next up, TJ MAXX:

NARS

Various cosmetics

Shiseido

Various cosmetics

e.l.f.

Various cosmetics

(all TJ Maxx sightings courtesy of Donna)

Next up, ROSS:

Color Club

Various nail polish sets
Nail Pens

Wet n Wild

various nail polish sets
various makeup sets

Tropez (This is the beloved Markwins brand that was recently discontinued!)
various nail polish sets, 6 bottles for $2.99(!)

Tres Risk

various nail polish sets

Physicians Formula

makeup sets containing powder, eyeliner and blush

(All Ross sightings courtesy of virginiaisforluvrs)

Whew! I told you, it's crazy out there right now! A HUMONGOUS thanks to all of you wonderful ladies for taking the time to let us know about these great discoveries. I cannot thank you enough for this--it helps so much to know what's out there.

Have you spotted any of these goodies at your local dollar stores or discount stores lately? Or have you spotted OTHER great beauty products that are NOT on this list? If so, please leave a comment and let us know what you've seen!
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. OMG nars at tj maxx? opi at marshalls? i need to go!! lol thank u so much for the info =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the last NYC Cognac Sparkle (at least I think that's the shade, my bottle has no name) at the DT, and OH.MAH.GAHHHHH....that shade is GAWGEOUS!

    Hafta hit up some other stores and check for the facial whips...

    I hadn't heard that Tropez was discontinued! Oh noes! Gotta get me to Kmart to look for some! I love their palettes, and I've only ever seen them at Kmart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! That all sounds amazing! I'm definitely going out tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Ross now has Bare Escentuals "100% Pure Moxie" kit for 14.99. I picked it up SO fast! It retailed for almost 60$ I believe,came with 3 different sized Kabuki brushes 2 eyeshadows 2 blushes(maybe 1?) and some all over face colors,either way,it was a GREAT kit and super cheap! So just wanted to add that!! Thanks for the list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arg I have been dropping by my local Dollar Trees but it has been suck. I only spot a couples of things that you mentioned above. But nothing that I really want and need. I have no time lately so I want to make my shopping trips as useful and as worth it as possible. For DT, it is a really a " hit or miss" here and there. Sometimes, they have so many things ship in, you get so overwhelmed you have no idea what to choose. That happen to me almost always, I ended up getting just a few things. But when I want to get things like items you mentioned above, they are not available. I hate going to DT when that happen. And almost always, they do not restock the same items everyday. They will try to put as much out on the display and sell them all at one. I remembered that L.A color nail art was a big hit when I first found out they have them at my local DT. Two days later, it was gone and no where to be found in the store I went to. I also notice that for big DT store, they sell out items more quickly than smaller stores. However, it is not necessary that the small store have less interesting items. I, once, found that L.A Craze nail polishes have more variety of color than the bigger DT have. So weird!! I wish I can understand how they distribute all of their items.

    Anyways thanks for updating this, I should get back to my DT in a week or so. Usually, my local stores always have their shipment comes in later.

    PS: I don't know if you have heard this or not. I found Profusion and The Color Workshop at my local Walgreens. This might be old news for you, but I just recently spotted them. I heard it from a girl on YT that she found Profusion at her WAG, but I tried to look for it about 2-3 wks ago and there were none in my area. Until just 2 days ago, I seen them at 3 locations in my city.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my dollar trees need to step up! when you mentioned you were working on this post, i went to the uber huge dollar tree (which is also the uber scary dollar tree) hoping to find some awesomeness. but allllll of my dollar trees are seriously slacking in getting good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This reminded me, at an Ulta that just opened recently near me, there were two packs of OPI nail polish, a top coat and a pink color, don't remember the name, and a cute little purse thing, for $5.99.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A big, brand new DT opened next to my Kohls store. I went there today as it was the Grand Opening. They had SQUAT!! What a terrible disappointment. I saw some LA Colors polishes but not what I wanted. Booooo....

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mother has always told me not to buy cosmetics or body stuff from Dollar Tree because she said that often times these may be fake. I know that it sounds weird, but she said that most likely they're fake and that's why they're sold so cheap at Dollar Tree. I don't know... but I still stay away from purchasing cosmetics from any the dollar stores.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugghh...there was a Dollar Tree next to the place where my bf and I ate lunch today. I wanted to check it out but we were kind of in a hurry. I'll definitely go next time.

    You're awesome for doing this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I've got to check that out... Hopefully my store actually has stuff I want. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you enjoyed my findings as much as I did. My bf took me to Ross to look for a bookshelf and instead I left with a bunch of polish! lol. Poor guy. BTW, those Tres Risk polishes are the BEST!! They stay put for so long. I'm heading over to DT tomorrow in hopes that they have some SHs! Thanks G!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well had absolutely NO luck at either Marshalls or TJMaxx :( BUT... I did get two of the WnW holiday color icon sets!!! They were out of Sugar Plum Fairy and I didn't want Snow Sprite since I don't wear blues and greens but I got Golden Goddess and Night Elf!! Oh and I did find two cheap dresses at Marshalls which is great since I have a wedding to go to next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My Dollar Tree also had a ton of L'Oreal Color Riche lipsticks. I got 8-10 of them now. I keep going back and getting more. lol

    Also I got Elizabeth Arden eye primer at TJ Maxx and Essie Quick-E dry drops at Marshalls.

    And I found out those $5 ELF 32 eyeshadow palettes are limited edition at Target, so they will sell out. I used them, and hours later they still looked as fresh as if I had just applied them.

    I'm at the car dealership getting work done, and they have computers in their waiting area. So of course I have to check Nouveau Cheap! lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. I found some old Maybelline Colorama polish in three packs for $2 at my local Big Lots. Many of the packs contained the flakie topcoats that remind me of Nfu Oh.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig