Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, October 25, 2010

e.l.f. at Walgreens, NYX at CVS, another new Wet n Wild display and more!

Um, can I just tell you that the drugstore makeup world is BLOWING UP right now? I don't know what the heck is going on lately, but I LOVE it and, if you're reading this post, I'm assuming you love it too!

HUGE thanks to so many of my readers for giving me the scoop on these tidbits--I cannot thank you all enough for taking the time to email, tweet, and leave comments alerting me to things I have yet to see at my own drugstores!

First up, I want to thank my lovely Twitter follower, @BloominBeauty5, for giving me the heads-up that she spotted e.l.f. Beauty Books at her Walgreens! What the heck? I've seen the occasional e.l.f. product at CVS here and there, but never at Wags! This is fantastic news, huh? Have you seen e.l.f. at your Walgreens yet?

Next up, a lovely reader who said she did not want credit for this (sorry, but I have to thank you!) submitted this photo to me of NYX Jumbo Pencils at CVS!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils (retail: $3.99 at CVS)

NYX at CVS? Yes! I've heard a few people mention that they've seen the Jumbo Eye Pencils at CVS recently, but it's nice to see what the display looks like so we can all be on the lookout for this. I hope this is the first of many more NYX products to debut at CVS--wouldn't that be great?

There's only one CVS in my entire city that already carries a rather large collection of NYX goodies (it's the location across from Parkway Plaza in El Cajon if you're in San Diego), and I think it's an anomaly because I haven't heard anyone else mention having a full NYX display at their CVS locations. My theory is that when CVS bought Long's Drugs (a California drugstore chain that used to carry a wide assortment of NYX products), this particular CVS, when it changed over from Long's to CVS, decided to just keep the NYX display. If you have access to a full display of NYX at your CVS, please leave a comment and let me know. I'm curious if there are more locations out there!

Next up, my lovely reader Meagan who, if you recall, was responsible for submitting to me the first picture of the Wet n Wild Pixie Holiday display that I posted on this blog, just spotted a counter display for those new Wet n Wild limited edition Mega Last mini polishes:

photo credit: Meagan for Nouveau Cheap
Wet n Wild limited edition Vixen's Mittens Collection (retail: $1.99 each)

I love the name of this collection! Vixen's Mittens is a collection of mini Mega Last shades and each shade is named after one of Santa's reindeer. These look to the be the same polishes that are in the end-cap display that my lovely reader Kimberly spotted at Walgreens, which I showed you here. Only in the Wags display, these come with a free mini bottle of top coat. Either way, they are so cute, aren't there? I see lots of holiday glitter and sparkle in this collection. Thanks so much, Meagan, for the great pic!

And last but certainly not least, if you live in the NYC area and have access to a Duane Reade, you're going to LOVE the new Jordana goodies that the lovely Joeybunny (of Pink Sith fame and who also has her own lovely blog) just spotted. Um, WOW! Thanks so much, Joeybunny, for the heads-up and the great pics!

photo credit: Joeybunny for Nouveau Cheap
Jordana Glitter Eyeliners (retail: $2.49 at Duane Reade)

photo credit: Joeybunny for Nouveau Cheap
Jordana Pressed Powder Foundation (retail: unknown)

photo credit: Joeybunny for Nouveau Cheap
Jordana Brow Powder Duo (retail: $2.99 at Duane Reade)

photo credit: Joeybunny for Nouveau Cheap
Jordana Eye Primer and Loose Eyeshadow (retail: unknown)

OK, I'm totally freaking out about that eye primer and powder foundation! I cannot wait to try these! Heck, who am I kidding? All of these new goodies look pretty fabulous. If you recall, I am in love with the newly revamped Jordana Color Effects Powder Eyeshadows, which are of fantastic quality and pigmentation. So I have very high hopes that these other new goodies will be great as well.

HUGE thanks to all four of these lovely ladies for the scoop on these new products hitting our drugstores. Have you spotted any of the above goodies at your local drugstores recently?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I wish we had Wags, CVS, and Rite Aid... I bought my ELF Beauty Book at Zellers. I'd love to find some NYX!!

    BTW, I love drugstore products... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have the elf beauty book at my Walgreens. I keep trying to decide whether or not to get it. XD

    Oh, and I'm not sure where to ask this, but I can't find anything in the CVS sale paper for the week or any tags on the display there about the Confetti polishes being $1 this week. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow NYX at CVS? that is super cool....I have seen Elf at my Waggs, but only the item talk about above. I can sometimes find NYX at some local Asian shop,but never at CVS...GOtta check it out soon. Woo hoo....Also, I know two of the gurus in the pic above. They are Elle and Blair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh mannnnn, this is so awesome. I have not seen ELF at wags or rite aid, but only at Target and this place called Jack's in NYC. I hope ELF decides to drugstore it up soon because that would be so super. And seriously, I have noticed the explosion of drugstore awesomeness lately...and it is...just yeah, awesomeeeee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the NYX Pencils at CVS, they also had the glitter palettes. Pretty cool! But seriously, WHO proofread that Jumbo Pencil display?? Sounds like a robot wrote it!! LOL

    I also saw the Beauty Books at Walgreens, a fun surprise. My daughter bought one. I'm saving my discretionary dollars for all the neato holiday kits that my Target just got in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before Longs Drugs turned into CVS, they had a lot of NYX products at a lower price than Ulta, I wonder whatever happened to that...

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh! I love NYX...just hate fighting mall traffic for it!

    Also, I noticed Target is putting out the e.l.f. holiday sets...some really awesome palettes and cute gift sets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to see NYX at CVS, but I will NOT buy anything that may support those two youtube morons. "Elle" and "Blair" have got to go.

    Would love to see Elf at Walgreens though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. None of the drugstores carry NYX which is disappointing. One Rite Aid carried it for a while and then they discontinued it. However I always keep my eyes open as I browse various stores!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope that my area gets a bigger selection of ELF.. and I really hope we get NYX!!

    I live in Central Texas and if I spy them with my big brown eyes I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Jenny i felt the same way! i don't care for those two particular personalities; however, a few of the YouTube gurus i love and trust also use the jumbo eye pencils, so i may get one or two of them later. it is nice to see them in CVS.

    the glitter eye palettes look fun but insane. like what i would have soaked in at 14. :)

    nice work to all the spotters! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! I can't wait to see if my CVS and Wags are carrying these items!

    JoElla-please keep us updated. I'm in Texas too! (Go Rangers!!!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. A CVS that I sometimes shop at used to have a small selection of NYX goodies, mostly the thee-color shadow palettes and the glitter palettes. There was other stuff but I wasn't familiar with NYX back then. I will be stalking all my local CVS branches to see if they have any NYX jumbo pencils now, lol. I also haven't seen the new WnW palettes yet but I've been looking! Thanks for the posts- I never would have known otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  14. G, Does the CVS by Parkway Plaza still have the NYX stuff?? NYX doesnt list it on their website as a retail location.....

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig