Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Review: New Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow Powders

I was lucky enough to receive some of the new Jordana Color Effects Eyeshadow Powders for review recently, and I'm so excited to share them with you. At just $1.99 a piece (available at CherryCulture and various retail locations), I am very impressed with the silky texture and high pigmentation of these newly reformulated shadows. I think they're a nice improvement over the old shadows, so let's take a look!

Clockwise from the top: High Maintenance, Love & Hate and Rock Star


Rock Star is a bright berry-pink matte that I actually have been wearing as both an eyeshadow and blush (it looks amazing as a blush and the staying power on my cheeks in incredible!). 

Love & Hate is a black matte with silver sparkle, and I was surprised that there isn't much fallout when worn as eyeshadow. I'm excited to try this as a liner since it is extremely pigmented and quite easy to work with.
 
High Maintenance is a deep purple-ish plum shimmer. It's much prettier in person and, on my skin, it seems to have a little bit of violet blue flash to it.

I found all three shadows quite easy to work with and I was surprised at how pigmented they all are when used with a primer. Even without a primer (I didn't use one in the above swatches) you can see that they pack some serious color. Also, the texture on these is very silky (they're very finely milled) and they blend quite easily as well.

Here is a look I did using Rock Star and High Maintenance:




For this look, I used Rock Star on my lid, High Maintenance on my crease, and then the lightest shade in  the Maybelline Charming Cobalt trio I showed you a while back (click here if you missed it), which is increasingly becoming my go-to highlight shade these days.

I used my Jesse's Girl Eyeshadow Primer underneath these shadows, and I also want to note that the third pic was taken about six hours after application. I think the colors are still very much going strong with no real creasing and just a tiny bit of a loss of vibrancy (and actually, Mr. G said he prefered how my eyes looked later in the day because these colors were BRIGHT when I first applied them!).

All in all, I think these new shadows from Jordana are an excellent value and I highly recommend them. I'm quite impressed with every aspect of these shadows, from texture to blendability to pigmentation to staying power.  For $1.99, I really think you can't go wrong. Plus, Rock Star doubles as a wonderful blush! Man, it's so pigmented that I only needed a tiny dab on my brush and the color lasted all day, even on my oily skin.

Have you tried any of these new Jordana shadows yet? Are you thinking about giving them a shot? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Whoa! Very pigmented! Beautiful. Execution of the wing is superb! Wish I could get it down, but I'm not giving up. LOL

    I love Jordana e/s!
    Thanks for sharing. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dollar store carries these and I've gotten over half a dozen over the past few months. I actually found Love and Hate to have a lot of fallout for me, but maybe I'm just bad at applying darker shadows.

    I also have gunmetal, pretty peach, pink of me, turquoise and caicos, over the taupe, heart of gold, supernatural, splurge, high maintenance, and eyedolize. So that's actually closer to a dozen than half a dozen, but when the dollar store is a couple blocks from home and the shadows are only $1 or $1.25 each...

    Anyway, you really have to get Over the Taupe. It's my favorite. Super pigmented, slightly shimmery, and absolutely beautful. I know a couple of them weren't as pigmented or easy to work with, but I can't remember which. Overall they're really awesome shadows!

    Some of the colors on Cherry Culture don't look quite true to life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh awesome! =) I love products that are multifunctional!

    Will be checking these out for sure next time I order from Cherry Culture =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to run across these at a dollar store. These around here seemed to have dried up with makeup and such. :(

    But then there is always CC!

    I like the EOTD!!! cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been liking whatever Jordana products that I have so far (blush especially!) but the selection here is so horrible that I doubt they'd even bring in anything new. :(
    Those eyeshadows really look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your eyes look amaaaaaazing! I am loving those eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks so pretty on you! I love High Maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  8. you are ROCKIN the cherry shadow, i am so impressed! HOT to DEATH.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig