Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, August 23, 2010

Review: New Suave Naturals Body Lotions

Whenever Sauve releases a new product, you can be sure I'll want to try it. I mean, what would this blog be without some Suave love? Suave encapsulates all that I stand for in terms of quality beauty products that won't break the bank.

When I reviewed the newest haircare items from Suave Professionals back in April, I couldn't foresee them releasing anything else this year to rival those products. But then along came this new collection of Suave Naturals Body Lotions (which released nation-wide in July of this year) and I'm just as impressed with these lotions as I was with the new Professionals haircare collection.

I don't know about you, but whenever I fall in love with the fragrance of a particular drugstore body wash, I always say, "I wish they made this in lotion form." Well guess what? That's exactly what Suave did with these lotions! As many of you know, all three of the following fragrances have been around for a little while in body wash form, so fans of layering are going to be really happy with this new collection:


I was fortunate enough to receive these lotions for review recently and I've been alternating using each fragrance for several days now. First off, it's no secret that these fragrances are similar to those of Bath & Body Works. I don't think they're 100% spot-on dupes in terms of fragrance, but they are very nice in their own right. If you like the BBW versions, I'm willing to bet you'll enjoy the Suave versions as well, since the fragrance of each lotion is definitely in the same ballpark as the BBW fragrances. In fact, I think I tend to favor Suave Wild Cherry Blossom over BBW Cherry Blossom because, to my nose, it's not as sweet and a tad more clean-smelling than the BBW version.

Also, I should tell you that while Wild Chery Blossom and Mango Mandarin are new, Lavender Vanilla has been around for a while, but this is a new, reformulated version of that lotion. And speaking of formula, I am loving the formula of these lotions! It's thin, but it's not watery, and it applies effortlessly. It also absorbs very quickly, so there's no sticky residue left behind on my skin when I use it. I also love that I can feel its moisturizing effects on my skin several hours later. As I always say with lighter lotions, you will probably need something heavier if you have severely dry skin, but for an everyday, overall body lotion, I really think these are great.

Suave Naturals Body Lotions (retail: around $3, 18 oz)

Like I mentioned before, if you are already a fan of the Suave body washes, then this would be a nice way to layer your favorite fragrance. On their own, the fragrances of these lotions are great (each fragrance tends to last several hours on my skin) but it's nice to know that you can layer for more intensity. And by the way, I just noticed that there's a $1 coupon for a bottle of Mango Mandarin Body Wash on the Suave site right now.

And as with all things Suave, you just cannot beat the price! For around $3, you get a nice, 18 oz pump bottle that not only will last you a long time, but actually looks nice sitting on top of a bathroom counter or vanity. I really like the soft, almost irridescent/pearlized coating on these bottles. It gives them a nice touch.

Have you tried any of these new Suave lotions yet? If not, are you thinking about picking one up? What are some of your favorite products from Suave? I'd love to hear from you.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I picked up the Lavender Vanilla a few weeks ago and I love it. At only 3 bucks for a large bottle WITH a pump, it's a total steal. & I'll definitely repurchase! (Even though I've got enough BBW lotions to last me a decade, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought lavender vanilla yesterday. Off topic but those pretzel m&m's were awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My whole family loves Suave products. Their body washes are a staple in our shower. Wild Cherry Blossom sounds nice, will have to it check out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay tell me all about the Vanilla Lavender please! I think this would be oh so yummy before bed!

    And like Sammie I need to plow through my BBW stash before adding more.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig