Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 28, 2010

New Sinful Colors Love Bite

If you saw my last post about the new Sinful Colors shades (click here if you want to see the pics of the displays) then you know I mentioned that the stand-out shade for me is Love Bite. I had to buy it the minute I saw it. In fact, this shade is so beautiful it compelled me to make a video (more on that in a sec).

First let's take a look at some pics:

Sinful Colors Love Bite (retail: $1.99)

OK, you're probably thinking, "Um, what's the big deal?" And I thought that too, when I first saw this in the display. But it's not just a black polish with teal shimmer. (Actually, is it shimmer, glitter or glass flecks? Who knows...I'm no expert so I'll leave it up to you to decide).

But the above pic was taken with flash, which definitely does not allow for the true magic of this polish to be seen. Let's try florescent light without flash:


Nope, still looks like black with teal sparkles, right?

Well now let's try this baby in sunlight with no flash:

There we go! You can kind of see (only because I deliberately took a blurry picture), the RAINBOW effect of this polish if you look at the bottle. Depending on the angle and the amount of light, the sparkle in this polish shifts from teal to blue to midnight blue to violet to purple and even orange. It's so subtle, yet absolutely stunning!

Here's a close-up of the bottle, which was impossible to take but this was the best I could do:

Can you see how it's blue on the top, and then purple on the right side? It's even more vivid in real life.


After a zillion pictures, I became so frustrated at my inability to truly show you the beauty of Love Bite that I decided to make a video. Granted, it's not much better, but hopefully you can see the colors change a little better. Check it out:


Oh gawd, I just watched the video again and I sound so SAD at the end. It's like I've just given up, huh? Well, this was shot after so many attempts to capture the beauty of this shade that I was just pretty much disgusted that I couldn't nail it. But hopefully you can kind of see what I'm talking about. Maybe? OK, just lie to me and tell me that you can.
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. after this, i think i may NEED this polish! thank you for the vid! its nice to put a voice to Nouveau Cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of Borghese Stellare Notte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, I'm beyond tickled to hear your speaking voice! You're adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally saw the purple in the video! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful and the price tag is especially awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you just had to do a video for us. Much appreciated! I hope you'll do more in the future. I totally saw some orange/purple going on there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks pretty! Sinful colors are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how subtle the shimmer is, but still noticeable! (if that made sense haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg i looooove that color! me and dark colors go hand in hand....pun intended :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you say this a dupe of Essie Starry Starry Night?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought two of them LOL. What a great nail color! Many people are saying the colors from this sinful display are colors from the permanent line renamed. I checked today and sure enough 6 or 7 of them were exactly the same. *sigh*.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so cute! i love how you are trying SO HARD to show the true nature of the polish.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree with beautifulmonday, it is so cute to see how you tried to show the true 'color' of this nail polish, though I am not big into dark shades, i will spend that 2 bucks just because you sooooooo love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so sweet to make a vid! I will be on the lookout for this polish when I'm out today. <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful! i love vampy nail colours especially shimmering ones.

    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig