Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Milani Sea Color Collection

Before I get your hopes up, there are no new products or colors in this collection. It's just a seasonal display showcasing some of Milani's picks for the best colors to wear this summer, and it contains three products in shades that are already part of the Milani core collection.

That said, I was excited because I found this display before anyone had a chance to "test" the glosses, so FINALLY I was able to purchase a Milani 3-D Glitzy Glamour Gloss (retail: $6.99 at CVS)! I've heard so many of you rave about these, and of course I've seen the constant comparisons to MAC Dazzleglass (retail: $18). But the fact that Milani doesn't put safety seals on these glosses is the ONE thing that has always kept me away from them--until now. It seem that every time I try to buy one of these glosses, I can see fingerprints and gunk all over the tube. Blech! So finally, a pristine display containing the shade Stylish (a beautiful tangerine orange) was at my fingertips yesterday. I even paid full price it, which tells you how much I wanted this darn thing!


For this post, I hopped on the collage bandwagon! You can click the collage to enlarge and see things more clearly. I thought this display and my swatches would work well in a collage, so I figured I'd give it go!

I didn't make that scrunchy-lip pose to be cute, I made it because I noticed that when I scrunched my lips together, I could REALLY see the different colors of micro-glitter in this gloss. There are orange, gold and pink flecks of glitter in this beautiful tangerine base. Oooh, it is SO pretty and perfect for summertime.

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that this gloss isn't sticky or tacky. Another huge plus! And I also was delighted to find out that, even though it's loaded with micro-glitter, it doesn't feel gritty when you rub your lips together. I am seriously impressed!

But my two favorite things about Stylish are the fragrance and flavor (exactly like an orange creamsicle) and the brush applicator. I am so darned tired of doe-foot applicators for drugstore glosses that it's like a breath of fresh air when I get to use a brush.

Way to go, Milani. For $6.99, this is one fantastic gloss! I highly recommend these as a much more affordable alternative to MAC Dazzleglass. They're lovely and ideal for bringing a beautiful, sheer, sparkly look to summertime lips (or of course you can layer over lipstick for a more intense look).

Do you already own some Milani 3D Glitzy Glamour Glosses? What's your favorite shade?
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really like the Milani 3D gloss in Designer Label!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, which shade is that? The hot pink one? I can seem myself getting seriously addicted to these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the scrunchy-lip pose IS cute! you can go ahead and be cute - its your blog! I have two of these - starshine (pinkish violet) and designer label (peachy coral pink). these are LOVE - no gritty glitter like dazzleglass!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to get one of these for the same reason! I'll have to get that one; I love the color! I went to ulta today and got the last wrapped gloss in clearly coral, which I think is going to be perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww u make me relle want this!the lip swatch looks pretty!
    esp the scrunchy lip one!hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like that gloss. I've never tried out any milani products but since I've read this review I will be sure to check them out. Thanks.

    liptontee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh, lemming created! I've heard/read people comparing the Milani 3-D glitzy glosses to MAC Dazzleglasses but knowing how sticky MAC l/g can be I was never interested. But you say they're not sticky, tacky, or gritty? Sold! I've got to try them now :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Milani is one of my fav cosmetics. Will be adding 3-D Glitz to the list. Maybe CVS will have them back on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh wow it looks so great! I need to find somewhere that sells it online :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! That lipgloss screams summer!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig