Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, May 14, 2010

Important things you need to know before you go to CVS

I said I wasn't going to start posting like crazy about the second wave of the CVS beauty clearance sale, but I really feel the need to reiterate these important tidbits with you, PLUS, I want to share some new info that I just received.

As always, I love to hear from you in the comments, but I ask that you please read this entire post before you ask a question because, hopefully, I might answer your question right here! Let's get started:

1) Any BOGOs that are currently going on at CVS do NOT apply to clearanced items, but you can use coupons (CVS slot machine or manufacturer's coupons). Also, HUGE thanks to my lovely reader Dianna for reminding all of us that there are Rimmel and NYC coupons in the latest edition of All You Magazine (available at Walmart and via subscription). [CORRECTION: THESE ARE NOT IN THE MAGAZINE! THEY ARE PRINTABLE COUPONS ON THE ALLYOU.COM WEBSITE! SORRY FOR THE ERROR!] And don't forget about the various tear-pad coupons for NYC, Sally Hansen, etc. that are floating around on displays at other drugstores. If you use these coupons, you're looking at FREE (or very close to free) goodies.

2) If your local CVS does not have green or red clearance stickers on products yet, take the products to the CVS Scanner and see if the system gives you the sale price. The last time this sale was happening, 99% of the time the sale price DID come up, even if the store had not yet stickered the item. So remember: SCAN BEFORE YOU BUY!

3) If you would like to share with us what you have found on clearance at your local CVS (which I strongly encourage you to do because it helps ALL of us to know what's on clearance) please leave your comment on THIS POST so that all comments will be in the same place. By the way, even though I am grateful for all of your comments on this new feature, I am not replying to comments on that post because I do not want to clog up the comments. So THANK YOU for your comments and please keep 'em coming. Please don't feel they're not appreciated because I haven't commented back. I just want to make that comment section as clean as possible for ease of viewing.

4) More info about the "Great Deals YOU Have Spotted" feature: I cannot reverse the order of the comments to make the most recent comment appear first, so we're all going to have to scroll down to read the most recent comments at the bottom. However, I want to remind you that each and every comment is automatically dated, so you'll know when it was written. :)

I hope this helps some of you to figure out how you can maximize your savings during this sale. Also, I hope that you'll leave a comment on this post after you make a purchase and share with us what you got (and how much you paid, of course!).

Have a fun time hunting down some deals this weekend--I can't wait to hear all about it!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I hope it is okay to ask an unrelated question here...

    Has anyone had any luck printing coupons from the All You Magazine website? They have $2 Rimmel Coupons, and I have tried twice to print, and nothing happens...and now it says "print limit reached" or something like that.

    Sorry to go off topic.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG another sale?? lol

    thanks for these tips. I always have some type of coupons laying around the house but i always forget to bring them with me :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny: No problem! I'm glad you asked, because I wasn't even aware there was a printable Rimmel coupon on the All You site! I think I figured out what the problem is though. All You, and various other sites on the web, all actually direct you to the same source for printable coupons (coupons.com). In other words, it may look like these are coupons from All You, but All You is really just working with Coupons.com and using THEIR coupons on the All You website. So it looks to me like you've already printed this Rimmel coupon but you just accessed it from another website. So that's why it's not letting you print it again. Does that make sense? I could of course be wrong, but that's my best guess. I just tested it and it let me print out the Rimmel coupon no problem. But of course this is my first time ever printing out this coupon (from All You or any other site) so that's probably why I could do it without getting the same error message that you did. I hope that helps! :)

    Becky: I KNOW!!! I can't believe the frenzy is starting all over again for us! lol. Grab those coupons, honeypie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, I guess that means I should try and print from Coupons.com?

    Thanks for your help, I will try that!

    I got a Rimmel lipstick for FREE today, because I used the $3 coupon from the All You magazine, and Wegmans has had them on sale for $2.99 for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried it again, and got the message to install the coupon printer, so who knows what happened the first time! It prob doesn't help that I have been a wicked stress case lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! So glad that u told us about the sale. I scored some 75%off revlon colorstay active light makeup SPF 25 in buff, lloreal colour juice sheer juicy lip gloss in watermelon crush and peek a boo clear and infallible never fail lipstick In amber and 50% off maybelline pure makeup shine free foundation with h2o in classic ivory

    and I legit had 10 minutes to take the whole sale in and select some items ps my total was 13.73 plus tax

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently found you via a Wet and Wild email that I received where you were featured. Thanks for the heads up on the CVS clearance sale. I found some great deals and I had coupons to match with every item! I left a very long list on the "Great Deals You Spotted" post.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig