Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, April 8, 2010

Great sites to check out...

With all this talk about people stealing content from my little ol' blog lately, I would like to shift the focus from anger to love, and share with you some great sites that I have been adoring lately. I love "paying it forward" and these sites truly deserve some attention.

Drugstore Divas

Funny story--I had never even heard of this blog before, until I tweeted the words "drugstore divas" in a recent tweet. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that I often give my followers a heads-up about my new blog posts. Sometimes I address my followers as "drugstore divas", and one day I did just that. Well, little did I know that I'd get a response from someone on Twitter who actually goes by the screen name "Drugstore Divas"! She thought I was addressing my tweet directly at her, when in fact I wasn't. But as luck, or fate, would have it, I was then introduced to the Drugstore Divas blog, and I have been loving it ever since.

If you think that *I* am pretty good at alerting you to drugstore deals and steals, well let me tell you that I am an absolute amateur compared to Drugstore Divas. The owner of this site is COMMITTED to bringing you the best tips, deals, coupons and freebies I have ever seen. For instance, I am really bummed that I missed out on this steal by just a few days. If I had been on top of it, I would have been able to score two Schick Intuition Razors for just 98 cents at Target just by following her easy steps and combining coupons and sales at just the right time. Well I am never going to miss out again, because I've added Drugstore Divas to my blogroll (and to my personal Google Reader) and advise you to bookmark this site as well (or check it daily on my blogroll). Drugstore Divas also gives great tips for stores like Kmart, Target and Walmart, as well as a comprehensive coupon database that is updated so accurately it'll make your head spin. I really can't recommend this site enough.

BTW, be sure to follow Drugstore Divas on Twitter (@drugstoredivas) because you'll get the heads-up about great deals like THIS. I love it when someone tells me to print out a coupon and hold on to it for a couple days so that I can turn it into free goodies!

Fab Over Fifty

One of the things I love about you, my wonderful readers, is that you are a diverse and amazing mix of ages, cultures and backgrounds. How boring would this site be if I didn't have viewpoints and perspectives that differ from my own? As a 39 year old woman, I often look to women older than myself for advice, guidance, wisdom and knowledge (but please note that I often get advice, wisdom and knowledge from those of you in your teens and twenties as well, which is another reason I love you all so very much! You are one intelligent and savvy bunch, and I am constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge you bring to my blog on a daily basis, regardless of age).

One of my favorite readers, who is over 40, recently asked me if I knew of any beauty blogs that are devoted to her demographic. Sadly, I could only think of two off the top of my head, which makes me very sad. Why are there are not more blogs devoted to women in their prime? Fifty is the new 30, as they say, and I for one am grateful that's the case!

I'm delighted to tell you that Fab Over Fifty has got you covered! It's a community where women over 50 can go and have access to beauty, fashion, lifestyle, health and financial advice (heck there's even wine advice on this site!). Pretty fantastic, right? They even host amazing giveaways. And if you're reading this and are a few (or several) years away from your 50s, don't think there's nothing this site can offer you. For instance, take a peek at their fragrance page the next time you need to find a wonderful gift for your mother or grandmother. All of the fragrances suggested are absolutely divine, and include classics as well as newer fragrances that would definitely appeal to the more refined woman (heck, I'd like one of each, please!).

Yours truly was recently awarded the Fab Over Fifty "Fab Fave" award (which I am now proudly displaying in my right-hand sidebar), which means that one of Fab Over Fifty's members submitted Nouveau Cheap as their favorite blog. I cannot tell you how much that means to me, and if the member who nominated me is reading this post, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! What an honor!

That's it for now, but I will continue to pay it forward and share more great sites with you in the future. If you know of any great sites you'd like me to check out, feel free to leave the links in the comments!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Interestingly enough, there is a blog called Fab Over Forty as well, R. Both are fun to read and they help us prepare ourselves, I guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the links. And don't worry about the razors. I've tried them and they were awful! I shaved off more skin than hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so so much for all the kind words. I'm so glad Twitter brought us together =] I love and adore your blog as well.

    And, speaking of those razors, the deal is good until this coming Saturday [[04/10]], and the coupon is good through then, so you can still catch the deal if you want in =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. H: That is so funny--Fab over Forty was one of the sites that I recommended to my reader who was looking for sites in her demographic! I love that site as well, and I totally agree with you that it's great to prepare ourselves. :)

    JPScraps: You are so welcome! And I'm sorry to hear that razor didn't work for you. I tried it several years ago when it first came out, but I was willing to try it again for that price! :)

    Lisa: You are SO welcome! I absolutely love your site and I really appreciate all the hard work you put into it. Believe me, I KNOW it's not easy. :) And yes, thank goodness for Twitter!

    Oh and thanks so much for letting me know that deal is steal available. Whoo hoo!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you love Internet friends? seriously, my favorite people in the world, I've met online. And I love it that way

    ReplyDelete
  6. Natalie: I totally agree. There are some amazing people around here, and I'm grateful to have made these connections! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love drugstore divas too! those chicks are cool!

    I love your reviews too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Thanks so much for the shout-out. Good thing Lisa has the whole Twitter thing down. I totally don't get it!

    Great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria: Yay!! I'm glad you already love DD, and thank you so much for the kind words about my reviews!! xo

    Beth: You are SO welcome! I know I already apologized but I am SO sorry I didn't realize there were TWO Divas behind the wheel at Drugstore Divas. You ladies do an INCREDIBLE job and I am absolutely addicted to your site. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig