Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thursday Odds 'n' Ends

Hello my lovelies! I've come down with a bit of a head-cold (my head currently feels like there's a bowling ball sloshing around inside of it) and I'm afraid that has kept me away from the computer and from responding to comments the last few days. I'm not sure if I'll be able to catch up on comments left on posts from the last few days, so please note that I've read ALL of your wonderful comments and I'll try me best to respond in a general way in this post.  Please bear with me while I get over this cold, which just so happens to be coinciding with a heat-wave here in San Diego right now (isn't it the worst to have a cold when it's 85 degrees outside??).  So let me get started before my TheraFlu kicks in!

1) I was extremely bummed out to hear that so many of you do not have red scanner boxes at your local CVS stores. I had NO idea that there were some locations that are not equipped with the "CVS Slot Machine" and I apologize to those of you who do not have access to this wonderful red coupon box.  All I can say is, try to talk to the manager of your location and see if there's any way they can obtain a scanner box in the future. Who knows? If the manager doesn't receive demand for it, then he/she may think it's not a big deal to supply you with one. It never hurts to ask, right?  And as for those of you who do have a scanner at your location and were able to score that Milani BOGOFREE coupon, CONGRATS!! I am thrilled that it worked for you! :)

2) I've received several emails over the past few weeks about department-wide clearance sales in the beauty section at Target.  All I can tell you at this point is that some have seen massive markdowns on tons of different brands, while others (like me) haven't seen many markdowns at all (the last time I was at Target I only saw Yes to Carrots, Boots, and Weleda products on deep clearance).  Also, some readers saw a massive clearance on Maybelline, Sonia Kashuk, etc. several weeks ago, while other readers are just now seeing red stickers on those brands.  So it appears that perhaps each individual Target has the decision as to when, and what they're going to put on clearance.  My best advice is to just keep checking back on a weekly basis as you never know what, or when, your local Target is going to put on clearance at any given time.

3) Since I'm currently under the weather, I have had a chance to catch up my magazine reading over the past few days. I can't remember how I got it, but I have a free subscription to Ladies' Home Journal, and while perusing their April issue (with Brooke Shields on the cover) I stumbled across an article about new Spring fragrances and I freaked OUT when I saw this:


If you saw this post about how much I am LOVING the new Dove Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena body wash, well then you know I am SOOOO excited to hear that Dove is releasing an accompanying body mist! I haven't seen this in stores anywhere yet, so if YOU have seen it, please please please leave a comment on this post and let me know where you spotted it.  I will be bathing myself in this fragrance all summer long, no doubt about it!

4) I want to give a HUGE thank-you to everyone who has taken the time to leave a comment here over the past days listing all of the great sale and clearance items they you've been able to score at your local CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Big Lots and Dollar Tree locations. I really can't express to you how much that helps not only me, but all of the other people who may be reading these posts. It gives us all an idea of what to look for out there! When you leave a comment like that, you never know if you may be listing someone's holy grail lotion/eyeshadow/whatever, which in turn can help someone find their favorite product at a great price. So by filling us in on what you've been able to score lately, it's helping so many of us. So thank you so very much for taking the time to do that, and I apologize again that I haven't been able to respond to each comment left on my blog this week (and that goes for all the wonderful and varied responses I've been getting to this week's Wednesday Question--I am LOVING reading those!).

5) I will be posting at least one more entry today (if not more) and the one I'm working on now (in-between naps) is soooo exciting, so please check back later today as I hope to have it up soon.

Thanks so much for your patience as I work to get over this cold.

Love,
R. :)
SHARE:

17 comments

  1. aw, i hope you feel better!

    I didnt see any sale at my rite aid =\ i just took it as a sign lol

    i'm excited for your later post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, get some rest and get to feeling better! We'll be here when you get back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get Well, I'm so jealous of your weather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better!

    And you don't necessarily need the scanner at CVS to get the coupon. My roommate's printed up on his receipt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get well soon girl. Were always here to read your lovely blog. Get as much rest as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I truly hope you feel better soon! Don't forget to drink lots of water :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really excited about the new Dove body mist too! I saw some products at Costco that were part of this Dove Revive line, but I didn't get a chance to buy any! I can't wait until this scent hits drugstores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww. I hope you start feeling better soon! :(

    Thanks for the Milani coupon machine tip. One printed out of that lovely red box of goodness today for me. Even though they didn't have that rad looking red lipstick that you scored, a holo and neon polish are now MINE! :) yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to not that the red box didn't spit out my milani coupon, it was at the end of my receipt. So even if you don't have it you may still get the coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, thank you all so very much for all the well-wishes! I love you all SO much for that!! :D

    And thanks to those of you who let me know that the Milani coupon is printing out on receipts as well. I never, ever see things like that on my receipts, but I guess that's because I have a Slot Machine in my locations. lol! It's great to know that just because you may not have a scanner box in your store, you don't necessarily have to miss out on these deals!

    And as for those of you who are getting paper towel coupons and not the Milani coupon, I got the paper towel and toothbrush coupons the SECOND time I scanned my card (after I had already rec'd the Milani coupon). So maybe if you scan your card again tomorrow, you'll get the Milani coupon! And also, I believe that CVS uses an algorithm to determine what coupons they give you, so if you usually buy things like toilet paper, toothpaste, etc. there, that's the type of coupon you might get. If you haven't purchased makeup from CVS in a while, then you might not get the Milani coupon when you scan your card. Bummer, I know. :(

    And to those of you who haven't seen the Rite Aid clearance stuff at your locations yet, keep checking back because apparently different stores are rolling out their clearance stuff at different times. So maybe you'll see these deals in the weeks to come.

    OK...going back to bed now, I'll be back tomorrow. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I forgot to mention, that all Milani is BOGO Free at kmart this week, this sale ends on sat 3/20. I have to go check it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's really strange that there aren't any "red scanners" at certain CVS stores. Every CVS I've been to has one -and they're in different cities. I was wondering if people knew that the red scanners were the same machines as the price checkers -but instead of scanning an item, you scan your card.. Hope that helps anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to 2nd what Hana said-my Milani coupon was on my receipt-so make sure you check your receipt!Hope you feel better Rec!Your reviews are the best and I always look forward to them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry to hear you're under the weather, but hope you get well soon :) Thanks for the Milani coupon tip. I will take a trip to CVS this weekend, and hope I get it :) Btw, I was at Walgreens the other day and scored on Rimmel cosmetics. Selected items were 50% off :)I can't wait to try the Dove pomegranate and lemon verbena mist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my CVS has a scanner, but my roommate just always forgets to scan his card. That's probably why it printed on his receipt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. went to cvs and scanned my card, n what pops out a BOGO milani coupon. So with the sale they aready had on milani products, i scored a glamour gloss and a runway eyes palette for 4 bucks!! Thanks for mentioning this!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig