Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Spotted at Dollar Tree and CVS...

I mentioned yesterday that I spotted a ton of new products recently at my local Dollar Tree and CVS, so you know I had to snap some pics and share them with you (I also bought a few things which I will go into further detail about later in this post). So let's get started.

At CVS:

CVS has recently (at least in my area) started carrying various Orly collections, and I was very surprised to see the Matte Couture collection at my CVS yesterday (although someone messed up and put Sec 'n Dry in this display when it should have been Bonder). Anyway, all of the Orly polishes (colors, not treatments) are $6.99 at CVS so save your Extra Bucks for a better deal.

Orly Bloom Collection at CVS

I can't remember the name of this Orly Collection but I think it was released for Valentine's Day?

Here are a ton of new CVS Essence of Beauty Portables--if you look to the right of this photo you'll see a new PRIMER! I was tempted to get this because it's $5 and you get 2 Extra Bucks this week if you purhcase two Portables products, but I already had too much in my basket so maybe another time. Please let me know if you try this though--I would love to know what you think of it! Also new are the mini kabuki brush (in the center of this photo) and a canister of eye makeup remover pads.

Another new EoB Portables product that caught my eye was this 5-in-1 makeup brush with five interchangeable attachments (retail: $5) and to the left of this brush is a new 3-pack of black and brown eyeliner pencils

And finally, there was also a new mini bottle of EoB eye makeup remover (2/$5), a "Portables" makeup bag and a set of makeup sponges

OK, I know this isn't really beauty-related but one more thing I spotted at CVS was this new Crest 3D toothpaste. I'm sorry, but I just had to laugh. They really are using this whole "3D" thing to promote just about anything these days, right? :)

Moving on to Dollar Tree, I am so delighted to say that after weeks and weeks of coming up empty at my local DTs, I finally hit the jackpot yesterday!

Four fish bowls full of e.l.f. polishes! I don't know about you, but in my area, this is the first time I've seen anything from e.l.f. at one of my Dollar Trees. Hopefully this is just the start of more e.l.f. to come at Dollar Tree!

A new crop of (very) old Sally Hansen polishes, Sally Hansen Comfort Shine Lip Glazes (LOVE these!) and more Sally Hansen Natural Butter Lip Shine Glosses (I have raved about these in the past and seriously, if you haven't tried them yet, I highly suggest getting a few while they're at DT)

As we all know, Dollar Tree has pretty much the best selection of L.A. Colors products around (at least in San Diego) but I had never seen the new L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadows until yesterday! I couldn't resist and I actually bought a few because I've seen some glowing reviews about these (but I know that they're hit or miss and some colors are less pigmented then others, although I've heard that the staying power is incredible for a cheapie eyeshadow so we'll see...let me know if you want me to review them!)

And I'm sure I don't need to tell you this if you're a regular Dollar Tree shopper, but just case, here's a tip: Looking at the pic above, it looks like there are just three colors in this display: purple, beige and white. But any good Dollar Tree shopper knows that you need to DIG and look behind the first few shadows because 9 times out 10 there will be other shades lurking in the back of the stack! And sure enough, I spotted black, teal, and gold hiding behind the shades in this pic. :)

Here's a closer look at what I bought yesterday from Dollar Tree:

L.A. Colors Mineral Eyehsadow in Teal

L.A. Colors Mineral Eyeshadow in Beige

Sally Hansen Comfort Shine Lip Glazes in Fresh Strawberry (left) and Sweet Raspberry (right)

And while I'm at it, let me explain why I love these little pots. First of all, these retail at most drugstores for around $6, so finding them at Dollar Tree is pretty amazing. Second, look at the packaging:

Apologies for the color in these pics--Fresh Strawberry is actually a beautiful sheer red gloss but it looks neon orange here. Anyway, do you see the applicator sticking out from the top of this pot? You pull that little clear plastic handle from the opening to apply this gloss, and when you're done, you just stick it back in the opening.

Here's the applicator, which is a little teeny tiny doe foot. The entire applicator from top to bottom is probably only 1 inch tall. I don't know--I just love this thing because when you're getting the color from the pot, it feels like you're mixing up a little caldron. lol.

And as for the product itself, these are sheer lip glosses that deliver just the prettiest, most natural hint of color to your lips. I love 'em, although admittedly I'm a sucker for the packaging.

I spotted tons of different shades available at my DT, including Sugar Cookie (a medium bronzy shimmer) and Vanilla (clear). If you've got a dollar that's burning a hole in your pocket, I think you might enjoy one of these. :)

That's it for now, but please feel free to leave a comment and let me know if you've tried any of these products. Also, I'd love to hear about what you have spotted at your local Dollar Trees lately!
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. wow what an interesting design for those SH lip glazes!! great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to the local DT with my daughter. They had most of the same things as yours but not the ELF. My daughter would LOVE those. We'll have to keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DT actually had that same stuff but no e.l.f. I got one of those mineral e/s in white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those SH lip gloss pots, specially the applicator... it's great not no smash your finger in it, that applicator seems effective to preserve the hygiene of the product.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so it's sad to say that my CVS sucks, now I went there today to get that Milani $3 off coupon from the printout machine, nothing but $5 off a $25 purchase. Which is a norm for me to get everytime nowadays when I purchase, but I dnt purchase anything up that that amount one time sry. Now I had to tell it to the supervisor because the machine wasn't working in the first place whenever I go there so he reset it as he said and it started printed. Now went back later in the evening and it printed out $1 off Bounty Paper Towel and Colgate tootpaste... I am pissed now... plus on top of it my CVS dnt have the Liquify eye liner from Milani and the new Red Lipstick, there aint nothing new in the cosmetics display but the old types of Essence of Beauty brushes which have been around from when. All I have to say is that yall are lucky. I had all the intention to just go to Kmart and get me BOGOF on the Milani items I wanted but I'll have to do that trip Friday and I doubt they'll have the eyeliners I want. Now I am seein this post with EOB eye primer and small Kabuki and I know my darn CVS dnt have...I am really pissed off, I feel like going there and make a complain that they suck period, but I'll keep my calm. Also update went to Target and their cosmetics aisles look like storm just blew thru their, there wasn't anything new and most of the great cosmetics lines are all sold out scanty and all over the place...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of that Orly stuff is at the CVS stores here in Chicago but it's $7.98.

    Have you seen the new "sparkly" Colossal Diamonds mascara from Maybelline? I've been looking around but not a lot of people are talking about it yet. I've seen displays in two Walgreens so far - not in CVS. I posted my pics.

    Would you buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those look to be the same SH polishes that I found at my Dollar Tree around Christmas time. They're mostly gone now.

    And I assume you've visited the new ELF stuff at Target by now? I completely forgot about it and just happened to be there last Saturday and stumbled upon it. Much better selection than Kmart but eh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is great find. I actually seen a vblog on YT where a guru said that she buy elf nail polish at DT. I been looking for it but I did not see any. The last time I went to DT, I spotted the L.A color mineral ES. I wanted to buy it, but then I said to myself, no I don't need it. It just that I quite spend a lot money lately, and I do not work. So try to control myself. I really do not wear makeup, but I do learned a lot and know how to do it on others. I do not know why, but all I know is if I do hair and makeup on someone, they look beautiful, but if I do it on myself. I look so awkward. haha. I will go back to DT this week to check out, b/c the last 2 wks, I been so busy busy with school.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Dollar Tree didn't have any of the stuff yours did, except for the Sally Hansen lip butter gloss things, which they hadn't had for a month or so. I already got five last time they had them, but tonight I got two more colors. XD I'm probably going to pick up a few to give as gifts later this week too. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yeah, i want to see review of the l.a. colors eyeshadows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am really surprised at the stuff you find in the dollar trees and dollar general stores. I am always looking for stuff to either buy my self and also pass along to others but I am amazed at the finds there.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig