Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tag: Threes of Me

I had the honor of being tagged by two amazing bloggers (Gaby's Beauty Blog and Lipglossiping) within the same week for the same tag, so I figured I better take advantage of the wonderful shout-outs and play along! This one was a lot of fun. :)

Three names I go by (on this blog):

1. Rec.
2. Re
3. R.

Three jobs I have had (these were all very early in life):

1. Tap Dance Instructor
2. Food Service Worker at the San Diego Zoo
3. Video Store Clerk (this was an indie store, not a Blockbuster or anything like that...you would not believe the STORIES I could tell you...)

Three places I have lived:

1. Southern Cal
2. Northern Cal
3. That's about it!

Three favorite drinks:

1. Genmaicha
2. Peet's Coffee (Major Dickason's Blend)
3.
 I can't help it, I'm a sucker for a cola Slurpee

Three TV shows I watch:

1. Lost
2. Mad Men
3. Modern Family

Three places I have been:

1. Cancun, Mexico
2. Washington DC
3. Vegas, baby

Three places I would like to visit:

1. Japan
2. UK
3. Fiji

Three people who text (or bbm) me regularly:

1. Mr. R
2. bro
3. two of my best guy friends (for some reason, my girlfriends rarely text me)

Three favorite old TV shows:




And because it's my blog, I'm going to add one more:


Oh, Jordan Catalano, you were soooo dreamy...


Three favorite dishes (this is total comfort food--nobody said "pick your three favorite healthy dishes", right?)

1. Pad See Ew (w/ mock duck)

2. French Macarons

3. Potato & Cheddar Pierogies w/ sour cream & caramelized onions


Three makeup/beauty products I cannot live without:

1. Powder Foundation
2. Eyebrow Pencil
3. Mascara

Three things I’m looking forward to:

1. The finale of Lost
2. Warmer weather
3. Watching my niece grow and evolve into her own person (she's currently 3)

Three people I tag:

1. Cutiegingerbread
2. The Glamorous Gleam
3. Lacquered Lizard
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Modern Family is one of my FAVORITE shows! And PAD SEE EW IS AMAZING! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried pierogies, they sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So THATS what Pad See Ew looks like!! Everyone's been talking about it but I have NO idea what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rai: Yay!!! Gosh, I miss that darn show so much! lol. :)

    Amy: Girlie, I have a feeling we would pig OUT if we ever went to dinner together! LOL! We seem to have a lot of the same favorite dishes! Love that. :D And yes, Modern Family RULES!

    Lillian: OMG, pierogies are little pockets full of heaven, I tell you! ;)

    Marie: Yes!! The key to this dish is the extra-extra wide noodles. That's the BEST part about Pad See Ew (aside from the sauce!). The noodles are like twice as wide as the widest egg noodle you can find at your local grocery store. These noodles are the bomb, I tell you! You can usually find Pad See Ew at most Thai restaurants these days...you should try it! It's so darn yummy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you know how ecstatic I am to know you like Freaks and Geeks and MSCL!!!! I am obsessed with MSCL. I quote it daily, watch it at least weekly, and often think about it before I go to sleep. Ah that's tmi, but you get it. I was always more of a Brian Krakow girl. I love me some nerds! I did not think it was possible, but my respect for you has increased about 400%, which I'm pretty sure is an imaginary figure, but you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my so called life (my parents didn't let me watch 90210)!!!! Oh, memories. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tastes macaron, but it sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. rec, i LOVE macarons, too! i made some the other day (my 2nd try!) and they actually turned out ok.

    i have pictures at: http://lemon-chiffon-blog.blogspot.com/2010/03/success.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW this is a cool post. hahhaa I never had the three food above. What exactly is macarons? and the Potato & Cheddar Pierogies w/ sour cream & caramelized onions look so yummy. Is it like dumpling? It sure look like it. ha. I never watch the 3 shows u shown above. May be because I came to America just about 9 yrs ago. I do love Full House, if u ever watch it. I love that Modern Family. They are so funny. I only get to watch 2-3 epis, never catch it when it is on. Too busy w/school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *gasps* 30 SOMETHING!!! OMG, that was (and probably still IS) one of my all-time favorite shows in the world! I'd watch it faithfully with bated breath every week, and cried when the series was over :-( ... I thought it was so well-written, and, at the time, brought me a little piece of "home" (I'd moved to AZ during the show years, and as you know, the show took place in the Philly suburbs, close to where I grew up).

    I LOVE that you loved that show!

    (Huge 90210 fan here, too, but 30 something? *dies*)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thirty Something..I loved that show! And Freaks and Geeks...well, I loved and related to that one. I'm still catching up with it via dvds.
    Thanks for the tag! This one should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. PCS: Awww, honey, I'm so glad we have this in common! That's awesome!!! I miss both of these shows SO much...I still think it was one of the biggest mistakes in TV history to cancel F&G so early on. At least we got a couple seasons of MSCL, right? :)

    JT: OMG, I feel so old! I was actually a senior in high school when 90210 started, and I remember watching it in my dorm room when I went away to college. LOL! :)

    Gaby: You *must* go to a French bakery that makes these! They are sooooo delicious. :)

    anythingreen: O...M...G!!! I am bowing down to your culinary skills! I just saw your blog post and these look AMAZING! Caramel macarons??? You are AWESOME! I am soooo intimidated to make these, but you totally gave me inspiration to at least give a shot. Wow...excellent job! And I just have to ask--are they light and chewy? That's my favorite part of the whole macaron experience. :)

    nogocupham: Yes, macarons are little pastries that are sort of like a sandwich. They are light and chewy at the same time, and they come in a million different colors and flavors. Highly recommend them! As for pierogies, they are definitely like dumplings, except the wrapper is much thicker dough than an Asian-style wrapper. Also, they're filled with seasoned potatoes and cheese...yum! :)

    LipstickChick: I *knew* I loved you!!! :D I was freaking OBSESSED with that show! So you can truly appreciate how I freaked OUT when I "met" Melanie Mayron on Twitter and got to review her baby-care products! Emailing back and forth with her was honestly surreal!! She is AWESOME! In case you missed that, here's the post:

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2009/07/mayrons-good-baby-barrier-diaper-cream.html

    Elizabeth: YAY!!! Another thirty-something and F&G fan!! That is awesome!! I feel like we just bonded. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH I love your food picks :) I also love the original 90210! Seasons 1-4 because I disliked it when Brenda left/when the college years started haha It got too dramatic for me :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooohhh, what's a Potato and Cheddar Perogi? Sounds yum! I love Peet's Coffee too, but my favorite spots are the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf- their vanilla lattes are my FAVORITE coffee- and Pannikin- a super-cute quaint coffeehouse on the coast that everyone MUST visit at least once in their lifetime. It's amazing. Oh, and I live in CA too- wooooo! =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig