Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 5, 2010

Review: Kings & Queens Sugar Shower Gel from Target

I mentioned in my recent "Spotted at Target" post that Kings & Queens bath and body products are now at Target and, I for one, could not be happier! If you've never heard of Kings & Queens, they're a Greek company (all products are made in Greece) and they've got some pretty amazing products that smell delicious, contain lots of good-for-your-skin ingredients, and they come in packaging that is so pretty it'll make your head spin. So to have some of their products available at Target is just too good to be true if you're a bath and body junkie like me! [Update: The lovely Bren over at SoMuchPretty just confirmed that Kings & Queens is made by the always-amazing Korres. I had a suspicion that this was the case, so thanks, Bren, for the info!]

When I saw the Target display, I was immediately drawn to the Queen Elizabeth Sugar Shower Gel (the other scents available are Honey, Jasmine and Lemon Flower, which all smell divine, btw). But the Queen Elizabeth Sugar Shower Gel pulled me in because, well, look at this gorgeous bottle!

Kings & Queens Queen Elizabeth Sugar Shower Gel (retail: $7.99, 10.14 oz)


And look at the little story on the back:


I want to be perfectly clear that the adorable packaging is not the only thing that has me currently obsessed with this shower gel. The smell, ladies, is one of the most amazing fragrances to have ever graced my nose. I am not exaggerating in the slightest when I say this. To me, it's the most beautiful blend of sugar and pomegranate and it's got this deep, rich, almost red-wine note to it that sets it far apart from a lot of other sweet, headache-inducing fragrances out there today. It doesn't smell synthetic AT ALL, and to me it smells like fresh pomegranates covered in delicate sugar crystals and sprinkled with just a tiny bit of sweet red wine. That's my best attempt at describing it, and all I can say is that if you're a pomegranate fan, a sugar fan, or just a fan of sweet and tart fragrances, you MUST at the very least give this a whiff the next time you're at Target.

I very, very rarely purchase beauty products at full price, but the moment I sniffed this it went straight into my shopping cart and I have had zero regrets about this purchase because, not only does it smell insanely gorgeous, the shower gel itself is amazing too. A few little squirts onto your bath pouf and you're instantly surrounded with a thick, rich lather that lasts so long and cleanses so well--I literally do not want to get out of my shower when I use this.

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a bet right now that Queen Elizabeth Sugar Shower Gel will end up being my #1 pick for Best Cheapie Shower Gel in my Cheapie Awards list that I'll announce at the end of this year. I can't imagine that another shower gel is going to be released this year that will knock my socks off quite like this.

Here's a peek at the ingredients:


As you can see, it does contain SLS, but I'm happy to report that this shower gel did not dry out my skin at all. In fact, it leaves it feeling very soft and refreshed.

So, there you have it! My newest obsession in the world of bath and body! Have you tried anything by Kings & Queens? Are you tempted to pick up something the next time you're at Target? As always, I'd love to hear your thoughts!
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. YUMMY! Those scents sound amazing but I think I would like the one that you picked best...I'll be looking for a sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, the next time you are at Target, pleeeease promise me that you will at least give this one a whiff, ok? It's insanely good! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I was just sniffing away at this very bottle a couple of hours ago at Target! And you're right--it does smell absolutely divine :D I didn't buy it only because I was getting the Dove pomegranate wash already, but I am absolutely picking up a bottle on my next trip.

    Heading back over to the 'Spotted at Target' thread to report on today's shopping trip ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so mad at my Target today because they had NONE of the new stuff you mentioned before, save for that Dove pomegranate body wash. No new brands at all! And they have this annoying habit of putting clearance marked items back where they were, instead of in a bin on the end cap where you can see them all at once. Grrr!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw a bunch of new stuff tonight! Lavera, One Naturals, Kiss My Face, Kings and Queens.
    I picked up the sample pack of Ks and Qs bodywash and a bath bomb from One Naturals.
    Definatly going back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Canada and they sell this line at Shoppers Drug Mart, but I've never seen the sugar scent before! I have, however, seen some other ones that I don't think were mentioned here... in addition to the honey, jasmine, and lemon flower varieties, I've also had mango, myrrh, and pear. My favourites are the honey and the jasmine, but for some reason the honey can be hard to find sometimes. Hopefully I'll get the chance to try the sugar scent soon, it sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post literally made me crave sweets! This body wash sounds amazing, and I'm seriously fighting the urge to go to Target! And its super hard! I'm definitely going to check to see if they have them here, and if so, I'll smell them (all of em probably lol).

    Also, I finally got the review for the new Rimmel blush up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that I've moved back to America, I really miss the K&Q Aztec King Vanilla Pear gel I used to use... It smelled amaaaazing. I got all excited to see the post that they were coming to Target, but it seems they don't have that one, do they? Darn! Hopefully they get the whole line in.

    (Am a recent addict of your blog, btw-- love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Korres. <3 Their jasmine scented body wash is one of my favorite scents ever, but I do find it hard to get as much lather as I like, so I'm really glad to hear these don't disappoint on that count. :D

    The price is a bit high for me right now, but hopefully I'll be able to grab the Jasmine one soon. <3 I want to check out the lemon flower too.

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I spotted the "LUSH dupe" products but I couldn't find this one! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks divine! This is going right on my shopping list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. mythosidhe: OMG, as you can probably tell, I ended up buying BOTH the Dove and this one because I honestly fell in love with both and that rarely, if ever happens in one shopping trip. To me, the Dove is "fresher" while this one is more syrupy (in a goooood way). You know what I mean? You totally need both. Sorry, but ya do. lol! ;-)

    chickadee: Aw man, that sux. :( Well, I'm sure your Target will get these goodies eventually, and in the meantime, how did you like the Dove? Did you get one? :)

    Anon: Yep, I think that KMF has been at my Target for a while now, but I know that Lavera, One, and K&Q are new additions. And you are so lucky to have spotted One bath bombs! My display didn't have those! Could you let me know what you think of them after you try one? Thanks so much! :D

    Beeks: Mango??? Um...I bet that is amazing! I keep hearing about their Vanilla Pear scent and I really wish Target carried it, as well as the Mango! :(

    Aedd: I bet you that your Target will have them since mine did. :) And I can't wait to see your Rimmel review! :D

    Caitlin: Thank you so much for the kind words about my blog! :D And you are probably the 4th person to speak so highly about the Vanilla Pear scent. Gosh, I really wish Target would have included this scent in their display. Sounds amaaaaazing! Maybe they'll carry it in the future (we can hope!). :)

    Hana: Yup, I looove Korres too, and even though the price is a bit high on the K&Q stuff, it's definitely less expensive than Korres, right? lol! I hope you get to pick up one soon. :)

    Marie: Hum...I bet that means they're on the way to your Target very soon, because at my Target these were in the same aisle (on different sides of the same aisle, actually). :)

    Cupcake: You neeeeeed to sniff this one, honey! I think you'll LOVE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found Kings & Queens, but no Lush dupes... maybe at another target (there's two really close to me). No purchase, nothing really jumped out at me, but they all smelled lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aedd: Yay! Glad you found K&Q, but sorry nothing had the "buy me now" power over you! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig