Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, March 5, 2010

Odds 'n' Ends for Friday

1) Thanks to a thoughtful anon commenter who gave me the URL for One (the company that has the Lush-like products now at Target, which I showed you a few days ago).  Click here to visit their site!

2) With all the new products I showed you at Target recently, I completely forgot to tell you that I finally used the Target Mobile Coupons which I talked about a while back (click here for the details).  These coupons were AWESOME (one of them in particular, for a $1 off Kraft shredded cheese, was great because the Kraft cheese at Target is already super cheap at $1.49 a bag, so I ended up getting it for 49 cents!).  Anyway, I wanted to let you know what happened when I checked out.  As it states when you get the text message from Target, you simply access the URL (on your phone's browser, which means you have to have a smartphone) and there will be a barcode that appears.  You just show the cashier the barcode on your phone, and they scan it just like a regular coupon! The cashier at my Target was excited to do it and told me I was the first person to actually use one in her line. It scanned successfully on her first attempt and it was super easy and quick! If you're a Target shopper and you have a smartphone, definitely sign up for this service because the coupons they send are fantastic!

3) One of my lovely readers, Vicky, just emailed me to inform me that the much-anticipated e.l.f. display is now up at her Target in the Brooklyn, NY area! So keep the faith, girls! We should all be seeing the new e.l.f. display popping up at our local Targets very, very soon.

4) Huge thanks to the beautiful Amber at BeautyJunkiesUnite for alerting me to the fact that Queen Helene is now on twitter (click here for their twitter page). And thanks again to Amber for letting me know that Queen Helene has been tweeting this $1 off coupon to their followers: http://bit.ly/7oF4m4. Yay!! If you have had your eye on the new QH Naturals line (click here for my review) this would be a great time to use this coupon!

That's it for now...I'll be back in a few with my Kings & Queens review (which I am SO excited to share with you!).
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. Yay for the twitter! They tweeted two hours ago with a link to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that! I was so excited!! :D I just spotted you on twitter and followed you! I didn't even know you were on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odds & Ends seems like a good place to mention that I spotted a Maybelline 'Sweet Things' display I haven't seen before at CVS this evening. It was mostly empty, but it seems like it originally had a variety of eyeshadow duos (I saw purple, blue, and green) as well as nail polishes, including a limited pale mint green creme that is not on the cupcake display!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mythosidhe: Um...we are totally on the same wavelength because I am getting ready to do a monster post on the very display that you just mentioned! I found it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. e.l.f. was displayed at a Target near my school on the 2nd! And I got the Complexion Perfection~ The display looks pretty much the same like the pics you provided. But when I went to another Target in my area last night, they didn't have the display.. and it didn't look like they are making room for it either.. so I dunno.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TLNHTRN: Yay! So glad you found the display (lucky you!) and that you got Complexion Perfection. :) And yeah, I'm afraid that this roll-out is going to be like the last time e.l.f. was at Target. It will take a while before every store has their display up. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I'm super excited for elf! :)

    Do you know where I can find a good selection of Queen Helene products? I'm in SoCal. I've wanted to try their mint julep mask for ages but I've never been able to find it anywhere and I don't want to order it online.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kitty: I sure do! I'm in S Cal too, and I can confirm that Sally Beauty has the biggest selection of QH products (tons and tons of choices) and also, Rite Aid sells a lot of their products too, including the new Naturals line (and also the MJ mask). Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Rec.!Wanted to report that here in SE Michigan I have not seen anything-not even a cleared out space-for ELF at my local Target.Hopefully,we will get it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig