Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, March 28, 2010

Calgon's 2010 Makeover (plus new products!)

A little while ago I showed you some pics of the newly-redesigned Calgon collection (if you missed it, click here). I was lucky enough to recently receive some new Calgon products to try, but instead of just showing you the products, I have to first show you how these products arrived to me, because it's just so darned cute!

Four of Calgon's newest products came to me tucked inside this little bag:

It's a mini travel bag, complete with its own luggage tag. How cute is this?


OK, thanks for letting me share that with you--now on to the new products!

Calgon Bubbly Bath Fizzy Set (NEW) includes four bath fizzies and a sea sponge. Fragrances include: Morning Glory and English Garden (220 grams, retail: $2.99)

(side view)

Calgon Relaxing Mineral Salts (NEW). Fragrances include Morning Glory, English Garden, Hawaiian Ginger and Ocean Breeze (30 oz, retail: $3.99)


Calgon Refreshing Body Mist (new packaging). Fragrances include: Morning Glory, Hawaiian Ginger, Tahitian Orchid, Perfect Bliss, Tropical Dream, Cotton Candy, Vanilla Swirl, Marshmallow, Passion Fruit & Hibiscus, Paradise Flower & Brazil Nut, Moon Petal Musk (NEW), Cherry Blossom and Peach Blossom. (2 oz and 8oz, retail: $2.49 and $6.79)


Calgon Nourishing Body Cream (NEW). Fragrances include: Morning Glory, Hawaiian Ginger, Tahitian Orchid, Cotton Candy, Vanilla Swirl, Marshmallow, Passion Fruit & Hibiscus, Paradise Flower & Brazil Nut and Moon Petal Musk (NEW). (8 oz, retail: $4.79)

If you were a fan of Calgon's Body Lotion (click here to see the old lotion, which is still actually available in many retail locations and online) I don't think you're going to be disappointed with this new formula. One of the things that really surprised me is that, unlike many other scented body lotions that you can find at the drugstore, Calgon's new Nourishing Body Cream is not thin or watery, and it actually delivers on the moisture. It's formulated with Vitamins A and E and aloe, and it goes on smoothly and keeps my skin feeling soft (and smelling wonderful) for hours. If you're a fan of lotions that double as fragrance, I think you might like this one.

Also, I'm almost embarrassed to say this, but this was my very first experience with Calgon's Morning Glory scent! I usually gravitate toward Marshmallow when I reach for Calgon (which smells divine, btw) but I was pleasantly surprised to find that Morning Glory is a very clean, wearable fragrance which, for me, is an ideal "work scent" because it's just a soft, refreshing fragrance that I don't think would annoy anyone. I can't count how many times I've slathered on a lotion at work and had someone say, "Did someone just make cupcakes? What is that smell??" lol!

So what do you think of Calgon's new products and packaging? Do you have a favorite Calgon fragrance? I'd love to hear from you!

Oh, and I almost forgot: If you're a Calgon fan, you can get an instant printable $1 off coupon by joining the Calgon Club (which also enables you to have access to future free samples, coupons, and info on Calgon products). Click here to check it out.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Gaby: I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love for their body mists. And I'm so happy to hear that they're available in Canada! Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, I'm glad 3/4 of the things come in the Hawaiian Ginger scent. :D I love that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hawaiian Ginger and Morning Glory are my two favorites!! I will be checking out the new line :)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oo! I love calgon, except their slogan (Calgon take me away) always gets that dixie chicks song, Cowboy take me away, stuck in my head. good song though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite and the only one that I have ever tried is Hawaiian Ginger. Haven't worn it since college though. I am going to have to pick some up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hana: Yay! I totally forgot how much I love that scent, so I'm happy for this too. :D

    J-Ezzy: I'd love to know what you think of the new products when you see them! :)

    PCS: I didn't even make that connection! I guess since Calgon's had that slogan since before even I was born, I usually do the reverse and think of Calgon when I hear that song. lol! :D

    Mz. More: You are so making me want to use Hawaiian Ginger again! I completely forgot about how much I used to like that scent. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig