Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Spotted at Walgreens...

So I took a trip to my local Walgreens yesterday because I had heard several people talk about how they are currently putting tons of makeup products on clearance (this may have to do with the news I mentioned a while ago about how Walgreens is possibly planning on scaling back their entire beauty department).

I did see some Rimmel stuff on clearance (not much, just a few foundation colors) and some Borghese nail polishes (not all of them, just select shades). There is still just one entire line on clearance, and that is Physicians Formula, but we already know that Walgreens has decided to no longer carry PF in their stores, so that was no surprise.

The first time I saw PF on clearance at Walgreens, the display was fully stocked. It seems that people have really taken advantage of this in the past few weeks because look at the display now:



Totally picked over!

Also, I spotted some Evolution of Smooth GIFT SETS while I was there (click here for my full review of EOS lip balm), which include the much-coveted flavor, Honeysuckle Honeydew (hard to find in stores), plus Summer Fruit and Sweet Mint. I'm not sure how much these gift sets cost because I couldn't find a price tag anywhere (the price tag in this pic corresponds to another product), but my guess is that they're probably around $9.99.



Also, I spotted this interesting Sally Hansen gift set, which has me a bit perplexed. For $9.99 you get 5 nail colors, 2 nail treatments and 4 manicure tools. Seems like a pretty good deal, right? But I can't figure out exactly which shades of nail polish you get! If you look at the box, you can see 5 different colors of nail polish at the top of the picture. But look at the colors on the model's nails. Totally different shades! So I have no idea which shades you're going to get. Of course I didn't have time to read the fine print on the back of the box so maybe they do list the exact shades. It's just confusing to me when the front of the box doesn't clearly state exactly what you're getting...kind of odd. But anyway, this could be a very good deal, depending on the shades inside the box.



That's it for my Walgreens report. Have you spotted anything good at your local Walgreens lately?
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I wouldn't suggest you buy the Sally Hansen nail kit. I happened upon this blogger's rant about it deceiving customers. You can find it here: http://www.scrangie.com/2008/12/glam-is-lie.html

    Although, it was an older version, it's definitely the same concept. I would say, if you do decide to buy it...proceed with caution! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I saw those clearance section the other day (Friday) and was really tempted! But I was mostly there for the HiP shadow Sassy but they didn't have that so I just left.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! i got mine while i was NY and just spotted some in my Rite Aid. now i can get them at walgreens too..?? yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. speaking of the asos balms lol.. i was too excited and forgot to write what i was referring to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought Almay smart shade foundation with full size smart shade blush for $1.99 last night. Regular walgreens price of $13.49 !! Loaded them up for Christmas gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. C: WOW!!! I just looked at the link you included in your comment and I cannot believe that!! I had NO idea! I almost want to write a separate post just to warn people to stay waaaay far away from this SH gift set! Thank you SO much for the heads-up! xo

    ndoodles: I'm sorry you couldn't find the HiP shadow you wanted, honey! :(

    yummy: OMG, I think we're the same level of tired because I actually knew what you were referring to before you even left the second comment. lol!!

    AmyPod: Wow, what a SCORE!!!! Congrats on finding that deal--I am jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm tempted to get one of those SH sets, just because I'm really curious now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Sandi! Check out the link in C's comment above. I'm having serious second thoughts about this set now! Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually saw these $9.99 Sally Hansen sets on sale at Rite Aid for %50 off...I wonder what that says about it. I don't even know if they would be worth it for 5 bucks, but it may be worth it to cure your curiosity, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went to the link right away, that's why I'm so curious. I just saw these at Walgreens a few weeks ago and decided that I wanted one then, and since I have a bunch of register rewards that I need to use, I could see if it's still a huge rip off, without wasting a bunch of money. lol, I don't know if my mom would be fine with it after I told her about the older ones, though.
    It'd be really nice to be able to get it for 50% off, but there is no Rite Aid anywhere around me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rubychopsticks (adorable screen name, btw!): Did you see C's comment on this post (above)? You've got to check out that link in her comment. Yikes! lol.

    Sandi: OK, I'm glad you saw that link. :) Yeah, for 50% off, it might be worth the risk, just to satisfy my curiosity! lol. But I would be so bummed if it the products were fraudulent like in that post. But then again, Rite-Aid has a fantastic return policy so I could return it as long as I kept my receipt. Hum. If you buy one, I'd check first and see what Walgreens return policy is. I would hate to have you left with a bunch of lame polishes that you'd never use. Keep me posted?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, at Walgreens today I talked to someone that works there, who has always been majorly helpful for me. She opened one of the SH sets up, and we found 2 champange colored, older lines of SH polishes, same with 2 light pinks (one was slightly redder than the other), and one light purple. They were all seperated out, so my guesses on the colors might be wrong. I'm not sure on what lines or exact colors they all were or anything, because this was all just a quick glance. The treatment things were a basic base coat, the other was was maximum moisture or something like that base coat. I didn't get to look at any of the tools, but I figured I'd just let everyone know what I found out. I assume they're all completely different, this was just a look at one of the sets in my Walgreens. I would not spend the money on it for myself. Maybe if they go on sale after Christmas I'll think about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig