Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, November 12, 2009

Beauty Tag: I'm it!

Thanks to the lovely Shela at Confessions of a Beauty Guru, I have been tagged! So here are my answers, if you're interested. :)


What's your favorite make up look?
I love a nice thick line of black liquid liner on the top lid (winged at the ends, of course) paired with a neutral or shimmery white shadow, lots of black mascara on the upper lashes and no mascara or liner on the bottom. Add a clean, high-arched brow, a tiny dot of blush on the apples of the cheeks and some cherry red lipstick and I'm in heaven.

Do you have a beauty vice you swear by?
I do! You're not supposed to curl your lashes *after* you apply mascara (it can pull your lashes out, I know) but if I didn't curl my lashes before and after mascara, they would never curl.

What part of your body do you love?
Well since I haven't ever considered getting collagen injections in my lips, I guess that means my lips are still full enough on their own. For this, I am grateful.

Who is your beauty icon?
Look at this picture up close. To think that she and her makeup artists were able to achieve this level of perfection with NONE of the modern beauty products we have today? That says more about her beauty than anything I could ever write.

Lauren Bacall




What are your favorite products?
Oh geeze, I can never answer this question. Basically, everything I give a glowing review to on this blog is a favorite. I swear that's the truth.

What beauty product makes you feel instantly sexy?
Perfume! There's no quicker way to feel sexy. And for what it's worth, I think that the sexiest perfume ever created is this one.

How do you look after your skin?
Not as well as I should. I cleanse every night and morning, I moisturize, use a good SPF, the occasional mask, and hope for the best.

What is your signature scent?
Chantecaille Frangipane is one that many people in my life probably can associate with me. But I wear so many different perfumes within the course of an average week, it's hard to pick just one.

What are your hair care secrets?
I have no secrets when it comes to haircare. If it works for me, I shout it from the rooftops!

How do you pamper yourself?
To me, pampering means doing absolutely nothing. I try to do that at least once a day week. :)

What is your beauty pet peeve?
Foundation that doesn't match the wearer's skin tone AT ALL. Dark liner with light lip color. Sharpie brows. Crunchy hair.

What would your desert island must haves be?
A brush, conditioner, SPF, lip balm, lotion, the usual stuff you'd need in order to feel remotely sane.

What's on your to-buy list as of right now?
For the first time in quite a while, I have nothing that's really burning at me to buy. I better embrace this moment.

Finally, do you have a beauty philosophy?
You're beautiful, so stop worrying.

Who are you tagging?
All bloggers who haven't taken part in this tag yet!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. FYI, the photo of Lauren Bacall was taken with a medium format camera which is superfine in grain so everything looks flawless and the lighting technique that they used back then also made actresses look perfect.

    There is probably retouching and the products they might have used might have been Max Factor professional.

    But yes Lauren Bacall is one of those iconic beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anon! Thanks for the comment. I have no doubt about the camera and the retouching, and plus, everyone looks better in B&W photos, right? :) But, given the quality of makeup back then (even Max Factor) and how thick and hard lipsticks were, and how there was no MUFE High Definition powder or Anastasia brow products, etc., I still think that her makeup and overall look can be attributed more to her own beauty than anything else. :)

    I guess my main point is that we all are so lucky to have the beauty technology of our time available at our fingertips to help us with our "imperfections" but to see someone like this, who had a far more primitive beauty arsenal, look this stunning is just...well...it's no wonder she's a beauty icon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. That was the exact makeup look I wore to class today!

    2. Lauren Bacall is utterly stunning. I wish my skin was that flawless!

    3. I loathe crunchy hair and sharpie brows. I've seen enough of that in high school to last a lifetime. No need to make me gouge out my eyes, really.

    :D Cest la vie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey honey! OMG, you should do a FOTD with that look! I'd love to see it on ya. :) I swear, SD is the land of crunchy hair! And not just the girls, the guys too. lol!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that make up look! Now if I could only master the eyeliner...

    Lauren Bacall and Katherine Hepburn had the best style ever, IMHO. I'm also if the opinion that those ladies were naturally gorgeous, no matter what camera was used to photograph them.

    Ah...the crunchy hair/sharpie brows/too dark lip liner trifecta! It's like they're going for the 3 strikes. lol BTW, SD may be the land of crunchy hair, but ELA is the capital of the crunchy hair universe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really should, shouldn't I? Maybe I'll do it this weekend when I have time to pick up the camera. The past few days were a little rushed (hence why my makeup was a mess! LOL, well I may be exaggerating a bit there). I'll get to it eventually ;)

    Recessionista, I agree with you completely. SD really is the land of crunchy hair. It's one thing for guys to do it (and yet I still hate it because I like guys' hair to be soft and natural) but for girls to slather their hair with gel after a shower? It's a beauty crime!

    I know it's a fad, I know it makes your hair smell nice all day, and I know it's low maintenance but it's just icky to me. Icky ick ick.

    Oh yeah, and dangerkitty, dark lip liner is sooo ghetto. So ridiculous to wear if you're not wearing dark lipstick with it (which for the record, I can't pull off but some of my friends probably could if they tried).

    ReplyDelete
  8. dangerkitty, you crack me up!! I guess the attack of the crunchy hair has invaded all of S. Cal. It's taking over and it MUST be stopped! LOL! xo

    Shelababy! I totally agree--I know guys might need to control their hair and they use cheap products so it gets crunchy, but I wish they'd all just go natural so we'd have no trouble running our fingers through it. lol. I love a man with a nice soft head of hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's what I always say! I like being able to run my fingers through my man's hair! It's hot!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jealous of your eyelining abilities... whenever I try to do that I smear a line an inch thick across my lids =) No, really though- it's pretty bad! And don't even get me started on my cat eye... sigh...

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig