Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spotted at Rite-Aid: Fun holiday sets!

I rarely get excited about generic holiday sets when I see them at the drugstore. They're usually chock full of boring products and colors and well, they usually look really cheap. But these holiday sets that I spotted at Rite-Aid yesterday made me say, "Hum..." because the packaging is cuter than usual, the colors are actually decent, and the prices are certainly right. Check these out:



Cute glosses with little lollipop, cupcake and purse charms (retail: $4.99 per set of three)





Three bottles of nail polish (shimmery blue, green cream and yellow cream) with mini emery board (retail: $2.99 per set)



This set contains a jar of shimmery white loose pigment, red lip color, a palette of three blue eyeshadows, shimmery light blue nail polish and shimmery clear lip gloss (retail: $4.99 per set)



This one contains two little eyeshadows palettes (plums and browns) and pink cream lipgloss (retail: $4.99 per set)



And this one is a total rip-off of Bath & Body Works Lambies but you know what? These are surprisingly soft! BBW Lambies retail for $8 each, while this set, which comes with a generic pink lambie, a bottle of "Berrylicious" lotion and a bottle of "Berrylicious" body wash, retails for $9.99

So what do you think of these holiday sets? Am I alone in feeling like they're a little more interesting than the usual generic holiday sets you find at the drugstore? I'd love to know your thoughts!
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. They're actually quite the same for me. I've seen jillions of holiday sets (because I used to buy tens of them for my friends in high school)and these are pretty generic.

    I like the ones that BBW come out with and they're always really cheap after Thanksgiving. I'm talking $5- $10 for shower gel, body cream, and mist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shela! That's very interesting. Usually the holiday sets I see are mostly big eyeshadow palettes. I never see cute glosses with little charms like these. And the nail polish sets are usually full of boring pinks/reds/berries. I was so surprised to see blue, green and yellow in a holiday set. Where do you usually shop for your holiday sets?

    I agree about the BBW sets. Have you been to the Las Americas BBW outlet? Talk about cheap! I cannot get over the prices at the outlet. It's amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey spifftiff88! Thank you. :) I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE holiday sets! You can get such great bargains ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Gaby! I agree. They can be quite a bargain. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig