Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, July 16, 2009

Review: Prestige Love & Kisses Lipcolor (Limited Edition)


Oh my dear, sweet Prestige. Years ago you got me hooked on your Multi-Task Wet/Dry Powder Foundation, then just a few months ago you gave us the amazing Perfectly Fresh Cheek Tint. Then you blow us away with the Total Intensity Eyeliners and then, right when we think you're done, I fall in love with My Biggest Lashes Mascara. Can you do no wrong these days?

I freaked out a little bit when I saw the above display for the Limited Edition Love & Kisses Lipcolors at Rite-Aid today. Luckily for me, there was a pinky-brown lip color in the bunch, so you know I snatched it up (retail: $4.95). Here's a close-up of the display:


As you can see, the addition of "Ceramide III" to the formula is what claims to set these lipsticks apart from the rest. The display says that your lips will feel softer, even after the color has worn off.

Well you know I put this baby on in my Lipstick Fitting Room (my car) and I snapped some pics for you:


As you can see, the tube is clear in the middle so that you can see the product, and the lower half of the tube has a cute silver and pink heart design.


The shade I purchased is called "Kiss Me", which is a warmish pinky-brown creme. And actually, looking at the rest of the collection, I don't think I spotted any shimmers--they all appear to be cremes (but I might be wrong).


"Kiss Me" looks SO much like a Bobbi Brown shade--I will have to get back to you when I figure out the dupe.

Here it is w/o flash (green tint courtesy of my car windows):


And here's one taken with the flash :



As you can see, it goes on quite shiny for a creme lipstick! And I absolutely ADORE this color. It's fresh and vibrant without being garish. It's the kind of color that can make your entire face look like it's glowing. LOVE!

Final Analysis: This lipstick provides great coverage but doesn't feel heavy. It applies very smoothly and the staying power is good (it lasted about 3 hours on me before I needed a touch-up). Oh and it smells like cotton candy! So fun! But let me warn you: There is a very strong taste to this lippie. It literally tastes like pure sugar. In fact, I was blown away by how sweet it was when I put it on, and then about five minutes later I forgot about it. But then I licked my lips again and WOWZA! It was still so sweet! The sweetness does fade after about 10 minutes though, so it's not like you're going to be in sugar-overload for the duration. As for the moisturizing properties, it's too early to tell if there is any long-term effect. My lips did feel a little more moisturized after this product faded, but it wasn't like, "Wow, what happened to my lips?!"

All in all, I think this is an exciting new lip collection and, unless you have an aversion to sweets, I would definitely check these out. Prestige, you're at 5 and 0 (5 wins, 0 losses). Keep up the great work!

Tell me, have you seen these at your local drugstore yet? Do you plan to purchase one?


SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Thank you, sweetie! I love it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow a sweet taste? I like it already lol. The packaging is pretty cute and i like how u can see the color in the middle.

    by the way, this is a great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey becky! I know...the smell is addicting. I keep sniffing it! :)

    Thanks for the kind words about this review! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I posted the NYX colors I used:)

    They came from my NYX kit I random shadows from trios.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Caramel Diva! Yes, I saw that. Thanks! You did such a great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, of course, ran right out and found these as I share a love of Prestige products and your recommendation say much. I bought 'My love' which is a lovely, slightly darker than natural, shade of lip color. Flavor is great, smoothness, is great, color is great. Though I loved the texture I find the creamyness leads to a quick creamy smear on my face. Granted, I'm too low maintenance to apply liner so that may be my problem. Have used lip tints like Palladium in Amazon and Mark Kiss Ink in berry with a clear or slightly tinted gloss like Soap and Glory's Sexy Mother Pucker. I'm sure my daily facial contortions don't help. ;) your calls are accurate on all fronts. You keep recommending, I'll keep trying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Suz! I'm so sorry that this lipstick smeared for you. I don't wear lipliner either, but I didn't experience that problem. :( Maybe you could try blotting it once or twice after application and see how that works?

    I'm so glad that you seem to come to the same conclusions about products that I do--it makes me feel like I'm actually making *some* sense when I write these reviews! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig