Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mini-Review: EcoTools Bath & Body Products

I saw the new EcoTools bath and body products today and since most of us love their makeup brushes, I wanted to give you my quick take on this new collection. I didn't purchase anything but they had a tester of the hand cream and of course I tried it.

First, here are some photos I snapped at Walgreens:

(Walgreens has a promotion right now where if you buy one body product, you get an EcoTools canvas tote for free)



As you can see, every product is $7.99. The products include: Shower gel, body spray, hand cream, heel cream and body lotion. Each one of these products pretty much smelled the same to me and they all reminded me of the scent of Aveda products (very natural and plant-based fragrances). The only exception was the body spray, which is more of a light floral fragrance (but even though it's more on the floral side, it still smells like something you'd sniff at Aveda).

I tried the Hand Cream and it was nice. It wasn't "OMG, I have to have this now" worthy, but it was nice and moisturizing. It's not as thick as say, L'Occitane hand cream, but it's definitely not thin and watery either.

What I like about this collection is that there seem to be some very good ingredients in each of the products. Lots of fruit extracts and olive oil, etc. and there are no parabens or phalates in anything in the collection.

Do you own any of these products? What do you think? Do you plan to make a purchase?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. how cool!
    i never imagined that ecotools would have a skincare line..
    i only know of their beauty tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thiamere! Yes, I was totally surprised too. I had no idea they were expanding into bath and body care! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of ECO Tool's brushes - I have about 4 different ones, they are FABULOUS! So soft and distribute color perfectly...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mookie! Yeah, I love their brushes too. They are so fantastic! :) Are you thinking about trying these other products?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably won't try out any of their products - because when it comes to face wash and moisturizer, I'm not very adventurous - I use the same products religiously and rarely stray... Ha! But, I do love their brushes, and will buy each and every brush they offer.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig