Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, July 26, 2009

Review: Revlon Runway Collection Nails




I recently received some Revlon Runway Collection nail kits to try out and I've got to say, it was hard to choose which style to try first. I finally decided on the medium length style called "Studio" (LOVE this length btw, because it doesn't interfere with typing or texting) and the tips are metallic silver with a thin black grid design:




I love that these kits come with a mini nail file (the cushioned kind!) and an orange stick to help you clean up the glue:




My CBC (Crappy Blackberry Camera) can't do close-ups but here's the best I could do:


(For waaaay better pics of this design, see Scrangie's review here)


Since I recently tested and reviewed Fing'rs artificial nails, I now have something with which to compare these. I've got to say that I love the Revlon nails just as much as Fing'rs because they withstand A LOT of abuse (I am anything but gentle with my nails). They can take a beating and still look clean, shiny and fabulous for days.


The only downside to Revlon Runway Collection Nails is that the glue bottle gives you a very generous application so you've got to be super careful. The directions say to apply the glue to both your own nail bed as well as to the artificial nail. You're supposed to do this to avoid air bubbles, but I've found that it's just too much glue and you will have a lot of extra glue coming out of the sides of your nails if you do this (which equals a big sticky mess). My suggestion is to apply the glue to the artificial nail, and then put some glue on the orange stick and try to spread a very, very thin layer to your real nail. This way you can avoid a big mess but still get a smooth application.


Here are some pics of the "Studio" nails after 5 days of wear:








As you can see, the "Medium" length is pretty short (it barely extends beyond my fingertips) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this length.


I highly suggest Revlon Runway Collection Nails for a special occasion or even in place of a pricey acrylic nail manicure. I should add that I had no problem removing these after five days. Simply soak your nails in acetone for a few minutes and they dissolve until you can slide them right off.


Revlon Runway Nails are available in most major drugstores and online. The retail price is around $7.50 a box.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Those look nice. I might give these a shot when I go on vacation for a week. I don't like to polish my nails when I travel. I never use the glue that comes with the fake nails. I use the ibd brush on glue that I buy at Sally's. It is so much easier to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Even with the CBC those look awesome on you! *wink wink* I'm glad you pointed out the glue in your review, I missed that in my last one, I totally agree. I usually have to lightly trim the medium length so after seeing them on you, I'm convinced I have mutant nail beds that only like short, short nails because medium looks perfect for you! Because we're clicking away all day long, they are a stellar idea and a lifesaver. When I don't have time for manis, I use them. Have you ever tried the pedi nails? I'm not sure I could do that...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! To piggyback on what Dee said, I used that ibd brush-on glue in cosmetology school when I was learning acrylics, and it was my best friend. Good call Dee! I forgot about that because we are talking AGES ago. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill @ BeautyTicket.comJuly 27, 2009 at 10:57 AM

    we love the new site design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dee! Thanks for the great tip! I actually own and have reviewed the Fing'rs brush-on nail glue and I am soooo going to use it the next time I wear these nails! Fantastic idea and thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amber! OMG, how cute is it that your fingers and nails are so dainty and petite that these medium length nails are too long for you!! :) Maybe they're so short on me because I have, as Seinfeld would say, "Man Hands." LOL!!!

    As for the pedi nails...I just can't do it. Yet. Never say never, right? But it just seems like an awful lot of work for toes (I'm more of a slap-some-color-on-and-I'm-out-the-door type of girl with my toes). And also, with wearing shoes and how hard I am on my feet, I'd be afraid of losing a nail and not realizing it for hours, maybe! lol!

    And I am so going to use brush-on nail glue the next time I wear these nails! It will be sooo much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Jill! Nice to see you around here! Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time leave feedback about the new design. I appreciate that. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig