Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Love's Sugar Kiss (aka, the poor man's Pink Sugar)


It is so rare that I find a new, interesting body spray at the drugstore these days. I don't know about you, but I'm so sick of seeing the same Calgon, Body Fantasies, Healing Garden and Essence of Beauty fragrances that I'm just not even excited to walk down those aisles anymore.

So when I saw the above products at Rite-Aid, I was giddy like a school girl!  For $4.99 you get a huge bottle of body mist and a huge bottle of body lotion (each bottle is 12 oz!), both in the scent of Love's Sugar Kiss.

I like to call Sugar Kiss "the poor man's Pink Sugar" because to my nose, it's a lighter, watered-down version of Pink Sugar by Aquolina. Obviously it's not as rich or complex as the real thing, but it's got the basic essence of Pink Sugar and, because it's so much lighter, it's not as syrupy and headache-inducing as Pink Sugar can be.  It's a subtle yet very sweet scent that is just plain fun to wear.

So for $4.99 this is quite a steal, and the nozzle on these bottles is in the shape of a heart! What a cute added bonus.

Do you own Love's Sugar Kiss? If so, do you agree with me that it's "Pink Sugar Lite"? 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I haven't seen the Sugar Kiss, but I got the Shower Gel & Cologne set in the Baby Soft scent. Boy, does that take me back. The store I got them in had the berry scent too, but I didn't want that one. I will keep my eye out for Sugar Kiss though. Does it smell anything like Cotton Candy, because I love that scent/smell too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a fair substitute for pink sugar! I prefer how the original one dries down...it smells a little better than the Love's version at that point, but if you're on a budget it's a pretty good pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey auroragyps--Yes, they had the Berry Kiss at my Rite-Aid as well but I'm also not a big fan of that one. Sugar Kiss definitely has a cotton candy note (just like Pink Sugar does) but it's not *all* cotton candy. Hope that helps! Oh and I totally agree--Love's Baby Soft takes me right back to junior high. :) I read somewhere that Sara Jessica Parker still wears Love's Baby Soft on a regular basis. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey GlossMenagerie! I agree. The dry-down of PS is better than Sugar Kiss, but I actually don't mind the dry-down on Sugar Kiss. It's super soft, that's for sure. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Sugar Kiss too, I buy it online from www.danaclassics.com and there is Free Shipping through the end of July. They have a few different Love's Sugar Kiss products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Anon--great tip! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig