Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Saturday, May 16, 2009

Absolutely amazing new perfumes (and they're under $20!)




When I received samples of some new fragrances by Sula, which is owned by Susanne Lang (an amazing Canadian-based niche perfume creator), I ripped open the boxes like a kid on Christmas.

Let me preface this by saying that Sula is Susanne Lang's more affordable line of perfumes. Her high-end collection, "Layers", is amazing (I know this because I sniffed them when I was lucky enough to go here).

So when I discovered that Susanne Lang created a new line that fits into MY budget, well, let's just say I was over the moon.

I received roll-on perfume oils in "Stiletto Musk" and "Champagne Sugar", which both retail for $18 at Ulta, anthropologie and b-glowing (b-glowing also offers perfume samples of each Sula fragrance for $3 each).

And of course you can always purchase full-size (spray) bottles of perfume for $32 directly from the Sula website, but WARNING: You may be tempted to purchase a bottle (or 5) of Sula's famous Paint and Peel nail polish while you're there.

Let me say first that the packaging and design of the bottles themselves are stunning. Seriously, go on the Sula website and look at the boxes and bottles because they are far more gorgeous than I could ever capture on my Blackberry camera.

Stiletto Musk. My goodness. You have no idea how long I've been searching for a musk that's not too sharp, not too soapy, not too powdery but just right. Well, I've finally found it. Stiletto Musk is the perfect combination of musk and other notes (to be exact, it contains mandarin, aldehydes, osmanthus, powdery musk, amber, patchouli, tonka and vanilla bean). When Stiletto Musk hits your skin, you're immediately hit with the powdery musk note, but then, within minutes, it literally melts into your skin and when it combines with your chemistry, you're left with the most soothing, clean and sensual musk ever. Stiletto Musk is a bonafide hit with the boyfriend who, when smelling my neck, just keeps saying, "It's like YOUR skin, but BETTER." There you have it.

Champagne Sugar. If Stiletto Musk makes you want to cuddle and snuggle and blissfully sniff your significant other, Champagne Sugar makes you want to run through sprinklers and fields of daisies with your sweetheart. The minute I put this on my wrist, I instantly felt happy and invigorated. Do not let the name full you: This isn't a Pink Sugar copycat (thank goodness because the market is absolutely flooded with those at the moment). The sugar in this scent is light and airy without the caramel note that makes PS so syrupy and heavy. The notes in Champagne Sugar are pomegranate, grapefruit, pink champagne, cotton candy, centifolia rose, sheer woods and sugarcane. That, my friends, is a stellar combination in my book! What I adore about this fragrance is that there's not one note that stands out; each note combines brilliantly to produce a scent that's sweet, sparkling, uplifting, clean and feminine without being candy-shop-girlie. If you're looking for a scent that's feminine yet fresh, fruity yet clean, sophisticated yet fun, look no further.

Other fragrances in this collection include the following: Blackberry Blush, Butterfly Kiss, Sun-Kissed Citrus and Vanilla Blossom. I'll take one of each, please!

I obviously cannot say enough wonderful things about the Sula fragrance collection, so I urge you to check them out if you're in the market for a new scent or want to give someone the gift of fragrance (I would personally be thrilled to receive these as a gift!). And for under $20? It's a no-brainer.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I have been looking for a review of these on the internet because i kept seeing them at ulta. Thank you for the great review. I think I'll love Champagne Kisses. I need it. haha.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlotte! I'm so glad I could help :) Also, the name of the one I think you like is called "Champagne Sugar" not "Kisses" in case you try to look for it online. Hope that helps and please leave me a comment if you get. I'd love to know what you think!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig