Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Sunday, May 17, 2009

An angry follow-up to my Sally Girl post


If you read my earlier post about my great Sally Girl finds, then you know that I was excited about these little nail polishes.

I am still loving my Sally Girl lip glosses and eyeshadows, however one of the nail polishes that I purchased, the bright neon purple "Type A", has really bummed me out.

I finally got the courage to apply this color to my toes the other day. I figured, OK, I'm stepping out of my comfort zone of deep reds and burgundies because it's almost summertime and I want something bright and cheery on my toes. Well, um, nobody told me that "Type A" was matte. Matte!

Now, I pride myself on being all about the bargains (I have no shame when it comes to shopping at the 99 cent store or Big Lots) but come on. I don't want to look cheap. I'm sorry, but neon purple nail polish doesn't really scream "class." Neon purple nail polish that is MATTE too? I might as well spray paint my toes with auto primer and call it a day.

Oh, and to top it off, you need about 3 coats of this stuff because it's so thin and streaky. Really, this is just disaster in a bottle.

Anyway, at least the other polishes I bought that day are lovely. But this one? I think I'll save it for...I honestly can't think of a reason to keep it. Sorry, Sally.
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Just a warning, neon shades are usually matte finish. It is just how the pigments of neons are. If you don't mind the neon and you just feel it needs to be shiny, add a shiny top coat and you're set! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Anon! I actually had no idea that all neons were matte. This is very good to know! Unfortunately for this particular shade, even after two layers of Seche Vite top coat, it still looked streaky and not so shiny. But I'll definitely keep your info in mind when I purchase a neon from another manufacturer! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig