Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two BOTDs in one day...


Here's another BOTD, ladies, and yes, I'm on a soap kick!

I was at Rite-Aid yesterday and happened to score the last two packages in a BOGO (buy one, get one free) deal:

Dial Cranberry + AntiOxidant Glycerin Soap

You get three bars for $2.99 and if you get to Rite-Aid by this Saturday, it's BOGO. I'm sorry, but even though I'm pretty well-stocked on soaps right now, 6 bars for $2.99 was just too good to pass up.

Now, for me, when I think of Dial bar soap, I think of the orange, slightly medicinal smelling soap that my ex-boyfriend in college used to use. Boy have things changed. I know I was just ringing the praises of Softsoap's new body wash below (which I love love love), but if you are a bar soap gal, you must try this one. I personally use both shower gels and bar soaps (who doesn't love variety?) and this one gets high marks from me. (Tip: If you're addicted to using a bath pouf, try wetting the pouf and rubbing a bar soap into it until you work up a lather. It works great!)

I'm not sure if I buy that it's actually helping "reinforce my skin's defense system" because of the cranberry extracts in this soap, but it does lather nicely and leaves my skin nice and clean without feeling stripped of any moisture. The bar itself is a gorgeous shade of deep red and the smell is heavenly. It's not a Christmasy, spicey cranberry scent, but more of a clean, sweet, tart and refreshing cranberry. I simply adore it and I think that it would make for a great bar to keep in the shower to wake you up, but also to keep in your soap dish at your sink.

If you can take advantage of the deal at Rite-Aid, great, but for $2.99 it's a pretty good deal even without the BOGO. Plus, even if it's marginal, who doesn't want to feel that they're doing something good for their skin?
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I had to get this soap and it smells fantastic. Nice quality. I wouldn't have noticed it if you hadn't written about it. Thanks, Recessionista!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oceanwoman, I'm so glad you were able to get the soap. You are so welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig