Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The L'Oreal Le Matte and La Lacque Lip Pencils are BACK!

UPDATED 6/5/15 WITH ADDITIONAL INFO, PHOTOS AND SWATCHES.

If you're like me and never did find those darn limited edition L'Oreal Le Matte and La Lacque lip pencils that came and went so quickly back in the Fall of 2013, I have some very exciting news for you today!

Many thanks to my pal @tinybubblesfloating on Instagram for this one (FYI, if you love Bath & Body Works, lip balms and the like, you need to be following her; she always has the scoop on new things in the bath & body world).

image credit: @tinybubblesfloating for Nouveau Cheap
The L'Oreal Le Matte and La Lacque Lip Pencils are BACK

@tinybubblesfloating just spotted a brand new display for the Le Matte and La Lacque pencils at CVS and kindly shared some pics with us. And guess what? There's NO mention of these being limited edition on the display, and there's even more shades this time around!

Keep reading for a look at all ten of the shades in this new collection...

image credit: @tinybubblesfloating for Nouveau Cheap
NEW L'Oreal Le Matte and La Lacque Lip Pencils
(retail: $10.49 each at CVS)

PLEASE NOTE: When the original limited edition collection came out in 2013, there were four shades for the Le Mattes and four shades for the La Lacques. I do not know if any of the shades in this new, dipslay are repromotes from the LE collection, but there are now five shades in each finish. You can compare these new permanent shades to the original limited edition shades by looking at this pic of the original LE display

There are five shades in the new Le Matte side (matte finish) and five shades in the new La Lacque side (glossy finish). There were around $7.99 when the LE versions came out in 2013, so I'm guessing they're around that price again.

image credit: @tinybubblesfloating for Nouveau Cheap

image credit: @tinybubblesfloating for Nouveau Cheap
Le Matte Creamy Matte Color Lip Pencils
104 Game, Set & Matte, 102 She's So Matte, 100 Matte for Me, 108 Matte-r a Fact, 106 Mad for Matte


UPDATE: 

Reader @linsview on Instagram just spotted this display as well and kindly shared some pics (as well as shade names and pricing info). I believe that these pencils were $7.99 each when they were limited edition back in 2013, but guess what? The price is now $10.49 each at CVS (yikes!). 


image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap
Le Matte Creamy Matte Color Lip Pencils
104 Game, Set & Matte, 102 She's So Matte, 100 Matte for Me, 108 Matte-r a Fact, 106 Mad for Matte

image credit: @tinybubblesfloating for Nouveau Cheap
La Lacque Smooth Glossy Color Lip Pencils
205 Lacque and Roll, 203 Lacquerized, 207 Lacque-y You, 201 Lacque-y Charm, 209 Chocolacque


image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap
La Lacque Smooth Glossy Color Lip Pencils
205 Lacque and Roll, 203 Lacquerized, 207 Lacque-y You, 201 Lacque-y Charm, 209 Chocolacque

Also, @linsview purchased two of the Le Mattes and four of the La Lacques in this display and kindly shared these swatches with us:

image credit: @linsview for Nouveau Cheap
From top to bottom:
108 Matte-r a Fact, 207 Lacque-y You, 205 Lacque and Roll, 102 She's So Matte, 209 Chocolacque, 201 Lacque-y Charm

In addition to the price increase, @linsview told me that the La Lacque shades she purchased don't seem to be quite as opaque as the originals from 2013. She also said that these all have the same scent to them as the originals (the traditional rose-scented L'Oreal lip color fragrance). 

Thanks again, @tinybubblesfloating and @linsview, for the great sightings and pics, and swatches. I really appreciate it!
SHARE:

21 comments

  1. OMG YES. I loved these and were sad they were LE! The mattes were so smooth and didn't dry out the lips. YES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really excited about these new, permanent La Matte and Le Lacque lip pencils!!! I was so sad that the original ones were limited edition and they were so hard to find. Luckily I was able to find some of them at Big Lots. Now I sooo happy L'OREAL decided to make them permanent!!! First the Maybelline Matte lipsticks and the Color Blur lip pencils (which somewhat remind me of the La Matte lip pencils) have been spotted and now these L'OREAL lip pencils have arrived in store. Loving these summer collection releases! Off to stalking my local CVS stores now,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited, I loved these! I'm hoping they fixed the true to color issue on the matte hot pink, last time around it looked nothing like the display photos. The full range is listed on the loreal website but no showing as in stock:http://www.lorealparisusa.com/en/Products/Makeup/Lips/Lip-Color/Colour-Riche-Le-Matte-Lip-Pen.aspx?shade=104-Game-Set-Matte#description

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! I really loved the shiny version, but not the color I ended up getting. I think I'll have to pick up that nude pink one. :) L'Oreal makes the best nudes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yay! I'm glad to see these are back. Hope the formula is good. The LE collection was so hard to find, but I managed to get a few when they were on clearance. I had liked them. Should give them another try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember getting two of these my first year in college! Can't wait to go out and get more! I wonder if they're tweaked the formulas/colors at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yay! Now I can try these. Heard so much about these when they were first released but I couldn't find them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!! I had bought one of each kind and loved them, and got so upset when I couldn't find them anymore lol. I've been using the 2 I have sparingly and hoping they would bring them back! Woo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG, my dream came true, I was looking every where for these and thanks G for updating us on this. Love you..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm excited to try LaLaque! I am going on vacation Saturday and look forward to trying new drugstores. I am hoping to find lots of new things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow they sound really great. I'm excited to try these. Have not ever heard of them. Wasn't into makeup like I am now. And live in a town now they has a lot more selection of stores. Thanks so much. I will be on the look out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was on a treasure hunt back in the day got 2 at walgreens and loved them, glad they are back. Hope they are true to color like was mentioned above not true to color on display or packaging but great color payoff! Thanks G for the updates

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. I was just coming here to write this LOL! I never found these when they were first released so I'm too happy to finally be able to try them. I hear they're good!

      Delete
  14. That's exciting news :) these were my first step into the world of bold lips and I've never looked back. I love the new packaging with the clear cap. Can't wait to see these in person. Thanks for the info G!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that I know it still has that bad floral scent, I won't get them, esp at that price! Yikes indeed! Wish I could handle the scent though, lol. No Lacque-onic. Looks like the old Lacquer-ized has changed, it was a Le Laque and was pinky purple. And She's So Matte was a pinky coral matte; not a nude..looks like it may be Mad For Matte now?

    ReplyDelete
  16. The swatches are awesome. I think I NEED Chocolacque!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is good news, I liked the two I tried!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found these at CVS for $9.99 (in Chicago). I only own one from the LE Le Matte collection in the shade She's So Matte. It's a coral-pink shade and it's one of my favorites. The new one by the same name is more of a nude shade so I ended up passing it up as it looks too light for my skintone. I did purchase one from the La Lacques in Lacque-y Charm, which is a pinkish-brown nude on me. Unfortunately I don't have one from the LE La Lacque to compare it to so I will compare to my LE Le Matte. I noticed the tube is not as slim as the old ones and although it has a faint rose smell, it does not smell like the signature L'Oreal lipstick scent, which I actually really like. This smells ugly and rubbery to me. But the scent doesn't linger so I can look past that. I found the formula a bit thick, like a MAC cremesheen, but very hydrating. I expected it to be glossy and slippery like the glossy balms but more pigmented. It is more pigmented but it takes a few swipes since the formula is so thick. Overall, it's just an ok pencil for me. I really wish they wouldn't have re-used the name She's So Matte on a different shade.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig