Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Special Anniversary Reader Interview Series: Get to Know Phoebe!

In honor of the five year anniversary of Nouveau Cheap, I'm interviewing fifteen readers in this very special series, as my way of saying thanks for your support (to read more about this interview series, including how the readers were selected, click here).

All of the readers who were interviewed for this series were given the same ten questions, and they were asked to submit a picture of themselves, their pet, their makeup stash, or anything else they felt like sharing.

The third interview in this series is with reader Phoebe. Take it away, Phoebe!

Nail art, by Phoebe

G: How long have you been a fan of drugstore beauty products?

Phoebe: I have been a fan of drugstore beauty products since high school, but very minimally.  I used to be a mascara and go type of girl.  Just within the past few years have I really come to have fun with trying many different brands and products and enjoy playing with my makeup more.

G: What was the first beauty product that you remember purchasing?

PhoebeThe first drugstore product I have a significant memory of would probably be a pink lemonade shimmer lip gloss with an applicator I bought in the eighth grade that smelled so good that I'd just put it on over and over throughout the day...I was quite fixated.  It must have been annoying for my teachers because my English teacher finally told me if he saw it again I would report to the office.

G: What are your five can't-live-without drugstore beauty products?

Phoebe: Wet n Wild Coloricon Eye Shadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells, Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black, Physicians Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black, Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer in Fair, and Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick in Juicy Peach.

G: Tell us your best "drugstore score" story (something you got for a great deal on clearance and/or with coupons, store rewards, etc.).

Phoebe:  I don't recall my best drugstore score, but the most recent one was at CVS and I had a $4 off of $20 beauty buy coupon, a 20% off coupon, and then I purchased $15 of L'Oreal which gave me $5 back in Extra Bucks and $10 of Physicians Formula which gave me $7 back in Extra Bucks.  I then turned around and used those Extra Bucks to purchase two Sally Hansen textured polishes for 10 bucks and got $5 Extra Bucks again, and a coupon for $2 off Sally Hansen printed out, so I took that $5 Extra Bucks and $2 off to go purchase another Sally Hansen.  After totaling it all up, I spent $20 out of pocket and got $56 in product. Fun!

G: What's your go-to shade of lip color?

Phoebe: My go-to lip color is definitely a rosy/peach shade.

G: What's the one movie you can always re-watch, no matter how many times you've seen it?

Phoebe: I can always re-watch Rocky, the first film, no matter how many times I've watched it, and I've watched it a million times.

G: What's your current favorite TV show?

Phoebe:  My current favorite TV show is Dancing With the Stars!!

G: What was the last book you read?

Phoebe: I'm currently reading A Game of Thrones 

G: If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?

Phoebe:  If I could have any job in the world and somehow still be able to be the kind of mom I want to be, I'd be a musician/composer/performer.  I've been nuts about music since I took my first breath and if I imagine my perfect career it would definitely be performing/writing music every day and getting paid bank for it ;)

G: Tell us a bit about your hobbies, what you like to do in your spare time, or anything you're very passionate about!

Phoebe: Hmm my hobbies and passions?  I'm a stay-at-home mommy to three kiddos, one of which has special needs.  It's definitely a full-time job that keeps me busy day and night.  There's no place I'd rather be!   When I have time for hobbies and passions I blog about my polish and nail art obsession which I didn't even know I had until about two years ago and then I majorly went down the rabbit hole...just ask my poor husband.  I manage to fit my passion for music in my blogosphere too by including a song of the day in every post and on my YouTube channel, which consists primarily of tutorials and reviews; I record music to use as the tracks for each video.  Besides those three main passions (family, music, nail art/polish) I dabble in all sorts of crazy things.  I love every art form and I'd love to take art classes all day long.  I love writing, cross-stitch, crochet, reading, jewelry-making, photography, travel, yoga, dance, spinning classes, TV, YouTube, and shopping!  I love going to the movies and just being goofy with my husband.  I love the Lord and I love life!   

As part of the interview, I asked Phoebe to share a link to her blog, Facebook page, Twitter page or whatever else she would like to share. Phoebe chose her blog, Glimpses of the Moon.

Thanks so much for allowing me to interview you as part of this series, Phoebe! I absolutely loved getting to know you a bit better, and I hope other readers feel like they know you a bit better now as well!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Nice! My mouth fell open on your impressive CVS couponing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a talented (nail) artist you are, Phoebe! I took a look at your blog and cannot get over all of the creative and beautiful things you do with your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great read, it's nice getting to know you Pheobe! Plus I click on your blog and have now bookmarked it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Phoebe, I am blown away by your nail art!!! (I can barely manage a simple colourblock nail design!) Your family sounds lovely. I'm a YT maniac so I will subscribe when I get home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Phoebe, your nail art abilities rock!!! (I can barely do a two-colour design!) I'm a YT maniac too, will subscribe when I get home. Your family sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig