Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review: Method Summer 2014 Limited Edition Vanilla Creme Foaming Hand Wash

Ever since I first posted about the Method Summer 2014 Collection fragrances, I've been stalking my local Target for them.  I finally saw them about two weeks ago on the top shelf of the permanent Method hand soap display at Target, and I immediately grabbed the hand soap in Vanilla Creme.

If you missed my original post, this collection was inspired by "sophisticated sweets and frozen treats" and includes gel hand wash, foaming hand wash, and moisturizing body wash in three fragrances: Orange Ginger Sorbet, Brambleberry Gelato and Vanilla Crème. You can see photos of the packaging for the other two scents here. Personally, my favorite in terms of packaging is Vanilla Creme:

Method Summer 2014 Collection Limited Edition
Foaming Hand Wash in Vanilla Creme
(retail: $3.99, 10 oz)

 Isn't this packaging adorable?


If you've never tried a Method foaming hand soap, you're in for a treat. The lather is creamy and the soap is just a sheer pleasure to use. It gets my hand very clean, rinses easily and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry, tight or itchy.

As for the fragrance, the moment I smelled it I thought, "I KNOW this fragrance." It took me a few uses to make the connection but to me, Vanilla Creme smells nearly identical to the much-loved Bath & Body Works fragrance Vanilla Bean Noel. To my nose, there appears to be no difference, but I don't have any extra bottles of VBN leftover from the holidays to compare, so I don't want to say they're 100% identical. The fragrance is very dessert-like and smells like a combination of white cake, frosting and vanilla bean.

The fragrance itself is nice and strong when you're washing your hands, and it lingers softly on the hands for about 20-30 minutes.

FINAL VERDICT: If you love the scent of Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel but prefer Method formulations, this is for YOU. If you're a Method fan who looks forward to their seasonal collections, I think you'll love this hand soap if you are generally drawn to dessert-type fragrances. I personally love it and can't wait to go back and get it in body wash form. Plus, how cute is this bottle for the bathroom sink?

Have you seen the Method Summer 2014 Collection at your local Target yet? If so, have you purchased anything? I'd love to hear from you!

The products featured in this post were purchased with personal funds. For more information, click here.
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I'm loving the Orange Ginger Sorbet scent, when using it today I thought how I couldn't wait to buy more!
    Tiffany(MissPrissTiff)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you found the body wash anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Target near me just got the body wash in, it was at least a week or more after the hand soaps arrived.

      Delete
    2. Yes! The body wash was right next to this hand wash is the same display at my local Target! :)

      Delete
  3. I bought all 3 scents and I LOVE them! I wish Method would make these permanent scents. I'm still hoping they'll do a cherry almond scent in their permanent line. A girl can hope, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just sold me. Vanilla Bean Noel is my absolute favorite scent. Seriously. I hoard the stuff every Christmas. But I don't ever buy B&BW's handsoaps because they're all 'antibacterial'. I MUST find this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought this a couple of weeks ago and , duh, you just reminded me of it. Time to go find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I love Vanilla Bean Noel and that I am going to Target today, I am going to definately get this and I need to sniff the others!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. To me it smells exactly like vanilla frosting. I think that Vanilla Bean Noel is a bit more musky.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig