Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, March 11, 2014

NEW eclos Daily Facial Cleansing Oil

I know I've mentioned before that 2014 is shaping up to be the Year of the Drugstore Cleansing Oil. We've already seen one from Garnier (click here for my review) hit stores this year, with more to follow (Simple is scheduled to release one this May, and I've heard rumors that Pond's may be coming out with one for the US too). I hope that Maybelline's cleansing oil (available in Asia, the UK and Australia) makes it to the US soon, as well as the L'Oreal cleansing oil (available in the UK and Canada) but we'll have to wait and see on those. But did you know that there's another new, affordable cleansing oil in stores NOW?

Many thanks to longtime reader KD for leaving a comment on the You Tell Me page the other day about this one! Eclos (owned by Freeman) has a new cleansing oil and it's on sale at Ulta right now for $9.34 (regularly $10.99). Check it out:

image source: freemanbeauty.com
NEW eclos Daily Facial Cleansing Oil
(retail: $10.99, 5.0 oz)

From the Freeman website:
A soap-free, nourishing cleansing oil that deep cleans without over-stripping skin, making it perfect for all skin types. Lightweight, non-comedogenic Argan, Kukui Nut, Olive, and Sesame oils capture and remove daily debris and make-up easily from the skin’s surface without excess friction that can agitate skin. Conditioning oils help balance sebum production, leaving dry and aging skin more moisturized while regulating excess oiliness in oily and breakout-prone skin. Vitamin E, found naturally in antioxidant-rich Argan Oil, pairs with ultra-emollient Kukui Nut Oil to soothe, soften, and hydrate skin. Daily Facial Cleansing Oil is part of the Eclos™ anti-aging skin care system. Eclos™ products are exclusively formulated with apple stem Cell Technology extracted from a rare Swiss Apple, clinically proven to reduce wrinkles and improve skin texture in 2 weeks.* 
Formulated with: 
• Apple Stem Cells to help reduce appearance of wrinkles + improve skin texture.
• Antioxidant Argan, Kukui Nut, Olive, and Sesame oils balance moisture and oil levels in skin to hydrate, nourish + soften.
• Safflower and Soybean cling to oils + make-up, then lift them froom the skin’s surface for easy removal. 
• Antioxidant Vitamin E softens and moisturizes skin, + helps protect against skin aging damage. 
Directions: 
Dispense into dry hands and massage over face for 1-2 minutes. Rinse thoroughly. For additional cleansing benefits, follow with Skin Prep Cleanser. 
*100% of 20 participants in a clinical study on Apple Stem Cells experienced a decrease in wrinkle depth after 28 days.  
Ingredient List: 
Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture Extract, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Oil, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Elettaria Cardamomum Seed Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Pentylene Glycol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Glycerin, Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract, Curcuma Zedoaria Leaf Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Water, Xanthan Gum, Lecithin.

This sounds quite promising to me and I can't wait to try it out. I hope it shows up at Rite Aid soon (they tend to carry a nice selection of eclos products and I love using +UP Rewards for my beauty purchases, of course). I'l definitely review this when I get it!

By the way, if you order from the Freeman site, you get everyday free shipping on orders of $25 or more and free samples with each order. To view more new eclos, Freeman, c Booth, Pssst! and VitaK products, click here.

Thanks again, KD, for the heads-up about this one!
SHARE:

12 comments

  1. I'll be waiting (im)patiently for that review! hehe
    And I've never noticed eclos at Rite Aid, so thank you very much for that little informational nugget. I'll definitely have to pay more attention the next time I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried a cleansing oil but have been even more eager too since all of your posts about them.
    I purchased the Boots No 7 cleansing water from Target (on clearance/hopefully not discontinued) & it has done wonders for my oily skin, but i am very curious how this compares to these cleansing oils or am i just an idiot and they are the same thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually felt my face really dry at one point and was so desperate that I just used my herbal essences cleansing conditioner to cleanse my face! Do you think that works the same way? Lol I need to try an oil cleanser because my face gets super dry after removing my makeup...especially my undereye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried a drugstore cleansing oil, but I love Josie Maran's. It dissolves makeup and leaves skin so soft-but it's like $32 yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I discovered Eclos last year and have been in love with every single product I have tried! This surely won't disappoint either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm obsessed with cleansing oils so I might have to try this one. It sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll also eagerly await your reviews. Until then I found my HG cleansing oil by accident at MUJI in New York. I was buying another 5 drawer $23 MUJI set for my ever growing collection of drug store makeup. I happened to look at there skin care section and was shocked to see cleansing oil. I had been to the store several times and never noticed this. They are a Japanese company and since the only good cleansing oil I ever tried was Japanese...DHC, I decided to try a small bottle. The 1st test was, did it have mineral oil. That's a deal breaker for me. Not because I'm into natural, blah blah, but that mineral just doesn't rinse off. You rinse and rinse and you finally have to resort to tissueing it off and then using a different cleanser. The 2nd test was after I applied and massaged it into my face did my hands rinse clean. I was delighted to find that they did. I added a little water to my face to emulsify the oil then rinsed with warm water and it rinsed clean. G, I am happy to report that it is $16 for a 6 ounce bottle. You can also order from MUJI.us.

    Ps. The ingredient list is not as impressive as this new one. I think they only have the full ingredient in the large bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now the ingredient list on this product makes me much happier than the Garnier cleansing oil... and at about $10 it would be a great swap for my coveted Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil (which, I love, but my wallet doesn't.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked this up about a week ago from Ulta with a Try Me Free rebate attached. I find it works well on my combination/sensitive skin. I haven't had any breakouts from it and I do not get the too tight feeling afterwards. I followed up with a makeup wipe to see how well it removed a full face of makeup and I was impressed to see very little to no makeup on the wipe. Be careful around the eye area because it stung my eyes like crazy. This is my first cleansing oil so I have nothing to compare it to but I am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah I live in Australia, and I can tell you that Maybelline doesn't sell their cleansing oil here, in fact I'm not sure half of Australia knows what a cleansing oil is.
    I live in Sydney, the biggest city in terms of people and money, so it's possible that maybelline sells their cleansing oil in other cities, but in terms of commerce, they would start selling products here, so it's a bit unlikely
    Maybelline's Australian website also says it sells pomegranate punk and the orange colour tattoos but you can't find them in any stores since the metals collection came out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The TJ Maxx near me often has Eclos products, so I will keep an eye out for it there.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig