Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Review: L'Oreal Limited Edition Project Runway Fall 2012 Electric Fantasie Colour Riche Lipstick in The Muse's Kiss

Continuing my coverage of the L'Oreal Limited Edition Project Runway Electric Fantasie Collection items that I purchased at Rite Aid recently (click here for my review of the purple gloss and here for my review of two of the eyeshadow quads), today I'd like to show you the one lipstick that I purchased, The Muse's Kiss.

As I've stated several times already (sorry for repeating myself here!) this collection has been spotted at Rite Aid, CVS and Walgreens over the past few weeks, and you can also purchase everything (minus the nail strips) online at Ulta where, as of the time of this post, they're B2G1FREE.

I thought that the other three lipsticks in this collection were quite nice, but this one seemed the most different when compared to the other lipsticks in my collection, so that's why it came home with me:

 L'Oreal Limited Edition Project Runway Colour Riche Lipstick in The Muses's Kiss
(retail: $8.95 at Rite Aid, 0.13 oz)

Swatches, after the jump...


What drew me to this lipstick is that it looks like a rich, fiery metallic copper in the tube.


When swatched on my hand, the orange tone of this lipstick becomes apparent:

 

 

And unfortunately, just like every other L'Oreal Colour Riche lipstick I've ever owned (seriously), what it looks like in the tube is not what it looks like when on my lips:



That fiery metallic copper that I wanted so badly to see on my lips actually has much more pink to it, and the metallic finish morphs into a more of a sparkly shimmer. 

Of course everyone's natural lip color is different and YOU may get something much closer to the tube color on your own lips. However this seems to be par for the course with me and L'Oreal Colour Riche lipsticks. The color in the tube just never, ever looks the same on my lips, although that is NOT the case with L'Oreal Balms or Colour Caresse lipsticks (yay!).

Fragrance, flavor and texture of this lipstick are exactly like regular Colour Riche lipsticks. If you were thinking they may have changed things up for the Project Runway collection that's not the case (which may or may not make you happy).

FINAL VERDICT:  The Muse's Kiss is a kiss of sadness. I wanted that rich, fiery metallic copper but ended up with a sparkly orangey-coral instead. But your mileage may vary on this one so I wouldn't talk you out of picking it up if you're attracted to the tube color, but just be prepared. You might not get what you bargained for when you apply this one to your lips. Either way, it's still a pretty shade (just not what I wanted).

Have you picked up anything from the L'Oreal Project Runway Fall 2012 Collection? Please stay tuned because I'll be reviewing three of the nail polishes in this collection in the days to come.
SHARE:

20 comments

  1. Ooh, I actually like the way it looks on a lot more than in the tube! I love pink-ish coral colors like this. Sorry it didn't turn out the way you wanted it to, but thank you for the swatches! I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! :) It is a pretty color (even though not what I wanted) so I hope it works for you if you get it!

      Delete
  2. Have you tried dabbing concelaer on your lips? That should lighten (if not "erase") your natural lip color, so you can get true tube color & finish on your lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip--I have done that before, but since I smoosh my lips together a lot, it always ends up turning my lip color into a weird gray mess. lol. I think I just need to stick to the Colour Caresse lippies because those are always true to tube for me (when it comes to L'Oreal, that is. I don't really have that problem with other brands). :)

      Delete
  3. If it makes you feel at all better, that lipstick is a fantastic color on you! I like it much better out of the tube, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The difference between the appearance in the tube and the appearance on your lips is ca-ray-zee!

    I like what I see on your lips, but I am sorry that it's not what you had wanted. I bought the two cooler lipsticks, and I'd call them by their names, but there are so many names associated with this collection that I have them all muddled in my mind. I plan on watching the episode of Project Runway that features a challenge based on these four collections. I think it will be on tomorrow night. Or have I already missed it? Can anyone enlighten me? I haven't watched every single episode this season, so I could be off.

    I love your reviews, G. They are so helpful. Honestly, I never make a single drugstore purchase without checking this site for your thoughts first. Yes, I am THAT obsessed with Nouveau Cheap. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I don't even know what to say! Thank you SO much. I'm flattered beyond words that what I do here seems to resonate with you. I really appreciate you taking the time to share that with me. *hugs* xo

      Delete
  5. This color looks totally different on me. I was also dissapointed but seriously, although you don't seem to like it, it looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS on you and your skin tone. It looks like a perfect summer color for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This color looks totally different on me. I was also dissapointed but seriously, although you don't seem to like it, it looks DROP DEAD GORGEOUS on you and your skin tone. It looks like a perfect summer color for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry to hear that, but on the other hand, i'm glad i'm not alone! Lol!! And thank you, honey!

      Delete
  7. Do you happen to use any lip treatments? If so, what are they? My lips are always so rough no matter what I do to them. Yours look so smooth so I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, really? I always feel like my lips look gross in extreme closeup, so thank you!!! I don't use anything but whatever balm i'm currently testing, although I really should use a treatment! :(

      Occasionally though, I mix brown sugar and olive oil and do an exfoliation...maybe once every few weeks. :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, that looks really orange. And what a difference lighting makes. Muse reviewed it yesterday and on her, it definitely looks far darker and redder. I don't know if it's her coloring or the lighting, but I would not have known you guys were reviewing the same color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I work really hard in my reviews to take photos that most closely match what I see in real life when i'm wearing a product. Sometimes I take 50+ pics in a variety of different lights before I get one that truly represents what I see with my naked eye, and this lipstick was a HARD one to capture! But I finally nailed it by sitting next to an open widow with indirect sunlight with no camera flash. Using the flash on my camera made this look a lot redder than how it looked in person, but it's not dark or red on me. It's really orange.

      That said, like I mentioned in this post, this is one of those shades that I think can change dramatically depending on the pigmentation of your lips. Because even though it's pigmented, it's also kind of sheer, allowing the natural pigment of your lips to come through a bit. So it's actually not surprising at all to me that it looks really different on others. Does that make sense? :)

      Delete
  9. I am so frustrated trying to find this collection! I went to Ulta but they don't have the lip gloss. I really want the lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even though it was not quite what you are looking for G., I would keep it in rotation for awhile! It does look really nice on you! I have purchased a few Color Riche lipstick and found the same to be true on me too! I love it in the tube but looks totally different on my lips. Also I know alot of people love the scent, but I do not like it all so I absolutely do not purchase it any more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great on you! Btw, no need to ever apologize for repeating important items or posts. Every single day you have new readers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it looks gorgeous! It looks amazing on your lips, too. But I agree, it looks NOTHING like how it does in the tube!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, for one, love the way it looks on you, even if you don't LOL. Corals, which I love, all seem to lean pink on me. I hate pink, unless it's an interesting pink, like a more fuchsia. Because a Walgreens cosmetics consultant recommended a light magenta to me (over a pale orangey shade which I wanted), I now love magenta shades. I got the most compliments when wearing it.

    The moral of my thesis above is that sometimes the shade you hate turns out to be the perfect one for you, and most often this is noted by other people. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig