If you caught my previous post where I attempted to recreate the nail look worn by the model in the press image for the Limited Edition Milani Pure Love Collection (available exclusively at Walgreens), then you know that I hoped to also create the eye look worn by the model as well.
Before we get to that, I want to take a few minutes to properly review the eyeshadow trio in this collection, because it's quickly become my go-to compact for both day and night. In a few words, it's PURE LOVE for me and this little trio:
Milani Eyeshadow Trio 03 True Romance
from the Limited Edition Pure Love Collection
Swatched on bare skin without primer:
The shadows in this trio are nicely pigmented even without primer. Both the brown and cream shades contain shimmer (they're more like satins when applied to the eye) and the black is a matte with silver sparkle:
Lovelies, I ADORE this trio. I can even go so far as to say that if you're drawn to colors like this, it's worth seeking out (aka stalking your local Walgreens) right away. I find the shadows to be very finely milled with little-to-no fallout during application, and all three shadows blend like a dream. The pigmentation is enhanced with the use of primer of course, but I can get about 4-5 hours of wear without primer before I start to see any serious fading/creasing.
The two things I absolutely love about this trio:
1) The cream shade is unlike any other highlight shade I own. If you look closely, you'll see that there's almost a touch of gray to this color. Instead of the usual stark white, beige or champagne highlighter that usually comes in trios of this nature, Milani really did something special with this one. It's a gorgeous shade that isn't overpowering when applied lightly and blended, but it's just enough to pull a look together in a very pretty, natural way. LOVE this color.
2) The brown shade is so versatile (it reminds me of one of my MAC shadows that I can't remember the name of right now). I love wearing this on my lid and blended upward for quick wash of color, and I also love wearing it as a crease shade. Oh! And I love wearing it on my lower lashline for a smoky look--it's gorgeous like that as well.
So now let's get to my eye look! Here's the photo of the model, just as a reminder:
And here is my look, translated into a more wearable version:
For this look:
- I applied the cream shade to my brown-bone and inner corners of my eyes.
- I applied the brown shade to my lids and blended upward into the crease.
- I applied the black shade in the crease and blended all three colors with a fluffy blender brush.
- Finally, I used a small liner brush to apply the brown shade to the lower lash line.
Also used for this look:
Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden as primer
Jordana FabuLiner in Black on upper lash line
Milani Total Lash Cover Mascara (review coming soon)
Palladio Precision Eyeliner in Black Onyx on waterline
Maybelline Define-A-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde on brows
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation in Nude
Maybelline SuperStay Concealer in Light
Almay Line Smoothing Pressed Powder in Light
Now, obviously, the brown shade pulls much more red in the photo of the model. In real life, I find this shade to have a touch of red to it, but not nearly as much as in the photograph (which, personally, is fine by me because it's more versatile that way). Also, I was HAPPY to see that the highlight shade doesn't have the chalky look that you see on the model. In person, this shade is truly the hit of the trio for me. It's so natural-looking and easy to wear--it's made me fall in love with brow-bone shades all over again.
Like I mentioned earlier in this post, if you're drawn to the shades in this trio, I say run, don't walk, to your nearest Walgreens and see if you can find it. I honestly haven't been this excited about an eyeshadow trio in a while, and I really hope that Milani will consider making this part of their core collection in some capacity or another. It's that awesome.
Have you spotted the Pure Love collection at your Walgreens yet? If so, have you purchased any of the polishes or this trio? I'd love to hear what you think of them!
A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.