Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, April 23, 2012

Dupe alert: Sinful Colors Citrine vs. Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango

A huge thanks to reader Florence, who left this comment on the You Tell Me page today:
Hi G! Just a heads up that the new Sinful color "Citrine" seen in the displays at some Rite Aids looks to be a dead-on dupe for the Sephora+Pantone Tangerine Tango color. I compared them briefly in store and you couldn't tell them apart. Might be a good option for those who don't want to spring the $24 for the Sephora set but like the color! 
Whoo hoo! Thank you so much, Florence! For those who missed my original post of the Sinful Colors Wow Pop collection, here's another look at the display:



Oh how I wish this display would pop up at Walgreens (I believe it's only been spotted at Rite Aid) so we could get these polishes for $0.99 this week! But really, $1.99 vs. $24 is such a bargain, it seems ridiculous to complain!

As luck would have it, I was in Rite Aid the other day and decided to snap some close-up pics of the bottles in the Wow Pop display, so I have a close-up of Citrine:


Bright oranges are notoriously difficult to capture accurately in pics, but I think you get the idea! Anyway, I did some digging and found some great swatches of Sephora + Pantone Universe Tangerine Tango  here.

As Florence mentioned, you can only buy Tangerine Tango in the Sephora + Pantone Universe Color of the Year set ($24), so Citrine is definitely a nice, budget-friendly alternative.

Thanks again, Florence, for the great heads-up!
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. BAH! Just as soon as I saw this display at my local Walgreens, it sold out. Hopefully they have a back-up display somewhere, or will get it. None of the other drugstores in my area have this display yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this at my local Walgreens. Im sure its making its way to Walgreens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this display last week at my local Meijer store and picked up the 5 new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe I saw this at Walgreens today! It was still fully stocked. I think I'll go back tomorrow and pick up that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks so much for the great information, ladies! I'm so happy to know that you can find this at walgreens! Yay!!! And right in time for the sale! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo-hoo! G (and Florence) you just saved me $24!!! Seriously, I have the Sephora + Pantone Universe blush duo and I am just in love with it...so much so that I want to go back and get the other items! Now I don't have to. I am just going to stalk my local Walgreens and Rite Aids to find this Sinful Colors polish! Yay!!!!! Thanks again G! I have found countless good deals and dupes thanks to your amazing blog! xxoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I am totally going to pick this one up! Just looked at the linked swatches and it definately looks like a dupe!!!! YAY for dupes!!!! They make my day! Makes me feel like I am getting one over on "the man"! Hahaha! Thanks you ladies for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Citrine looks way less red to me than Tangerine Tango, but maybe that's just the way Tangerine Tango photographs. I thought Citrine looked like OPI A Roll in the Hague, so I compared them at Trade Secret really quick after buying Citrine, and they did look awfully close. The red from that Sinful collection also looks a lot like OPI Red Lights Ahead, Where? or whatever it's called.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to Walgreens today; also going to check CVS because you never know!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks SOOO MUCH for posting this! I spent 30 minutes in Sephora carrying around the sample of this color from the set and comparing it too all the other orange polishes in the store hoping one was close because I didn't like the rest of the polishes in the set. Can't wait to head out to Rite Aid for this!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig