Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 4, 2011

Review: Bodycology Healthy Kiss Lip Glosses

Debuting this past summer at Walmart, I was excited to see that Bodycology was branching out into lip products when I first spotted these a few months ago. Today I'd like to show you the shades I recently received for review.

So do these lip glosses pull their weight or are they just a novelty? Find out after the jump!

 Bodycology Healthy Kiss Lip Glosses
(retail: $2.99 each, 0.3 oz)

My camera had a heck of a time capturing the true shades of these little glosses, so please read each description to get a better idea of their true shades:


 Pomegranate Splash is actually a little cooler than it looks in this photo. It's got more blue to it, but it is a deep red.


Juicy Watermelon is more of a blueish-pink than the coral shade you see above, but it is not a bright shade (the vividness in my photo is pretty spot-on).


Fresh Strawberry is actually extremely close to what you see in this picture. It's a soft peach in person.

I always try to include a photo of the ingredients when possible, and even though this one was a challenge (tiny font on a partially reflective background) I managed to capture most of the list:


I was happy to see so many fruit extracts in this gloss, as well as olive oil, cocoa butter and coconut oil. Also, this formula is paraben-free.

Some swatches:



Clearly, Pomegranate Splash is the most pigmented of the three. Actually, Fresh Strawberry and Juicy Watermelon translate as clear glosses on my lips, but Pomegranate Splash has really nice, visible pigmentation. I love sheer red glosses, so it's my favorite of the three.

Texture, shine and stickiness: Anyone thinking these are going to be sticky and tacky will be quite pleasantly surprised to find that they're neither! I get no stickiness at all with any of the three shades. Although what I love most is that the texture is thick--it's not a thin, runny gloss by any means. This is a substantial gloss that coats the lips wonderfully and it's also a high-shine gloss.

Fragrance and flavor: One word? YUM. Each gloss exactly matches its name in both fragrance and flavor. If you love big flavor and fragrance in your glosses, and you LOVE fruity-smelling and tasting glosses, I think you will fall in love with these. I literally can't stop licking my lips when I wear these.

Staying power: Given how little stickiness there is to these glosses, I was pleasantly surprised that I could get 2-3 hours of wear with these. That's really saying a lot given that I'm chronic gloss eater.

Moisturization: This is probably the thing I'm the most excited about--these babies do a fantastic job of keeping my lips protected and moisturized. A few hours into wearing them, my lips feel very soft and hydrated, and they continue to stay that way throughout the day.

FINAL VERDICT:  To be perfectly honest with you, I thought these might be a novelty when I first tried them. But OH what a surprise they turned out to be. For a $2.99 gloss, I am over-the-moon excited about these. They hit every mark for me: no stickiness, great fragrance and flavor, super shiny, great staying power AND they're hydrating. I really can't think of a bad thing to say about these, except that I wish Fresh Strawberry and Juicy Watermelon were more pigmented. I think these are the perfect glosses to wear over lipstick--they would bring an added shine to any lip color and oh they smell and taste so yummy! I would certainly purchase these when I run out, and coming from a gal that's not even that into glosses, I hope that conveys to you how much I love these little sweet treats.

Do you own any Bodycology Health Kiss Lip Glosses? If so, what shades do you own and how do you like them?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Love the pigmentation on Pomegranate Splash. It's a plus for me whenever the product smells fruity :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for these ever since I got the press release, but (sadly) I haven't yet spotted them. I do hope I find some soon, especially now that I've read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JoJo: It is really nice, and yep, I love fruity products too. Would love to know what you think if you try these. :)

    NeutraKris: I'm so sorry they haven't surfaced in your area yet! Hopefully soon. I'd love to see your review when you get 'em. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! Hoping I can sstill find these somewhere... scented and flavored lip products are my kryptonite. (...glancing at box of 50-or so lip glosses & balms in closet) =)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig