Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, November 4, 2011

Mail call!

Guess what, lovelies? I FINALLY got my Target Beauty Bag in the mail today! Sheesh! (Note: this bag is no longer available, so apologies if you missed my original post). I thought you might want to see what I got, as well as another freebie I received a few weeks ago (which I have been saving to show you, thinking that my Target bag was going to come at roughly the same time). So I might as well show you both--better late than never, right?


 First, I got my P&G Brand Sampler. If you're unfamiliar with these, all you have to do is sign up here and periodically P&G will offer a list of free samples that you can select, and they send them out very quickly (PS: You can also get more P&G samples and coupons here). This time around, I selected products by Head & Shoulders (I haven't use their shampoos in forever) and Always:


I like samples of pads because they come in sturdier packaging than when you buy them at the store, making them ideal for keeping in your purse.

And finally, my Target Beauty Bag:


You guys were so right--this bag is adorable!


If you saw my previous post about the Target Beauty Bag, you know that some people also received a mini bottle of Aveeno Lotion and a Burt's Bees moisturizer sample. Well, it looks like the FIRST batch of people received the Aveeno and Burt's Bees samples while the SECOND batch of people didn't receive the Aveeno sample but DID receive the Burt's Bees sample. Apparently I was in the THIRD batch, because I didn't receive either one.

As I said before, free is free and I'm always giddy about free beauty samples. However, it does bum me out that I not only own the full-size versions of these products (all but the TRESemme), I have even reviewed them here on the blog:


I'm happy to finally try the TRESemme products (I've been wanting to try those for a while now) and I can always use the towelettes for removing all of the random swatches on my arms (for reviews). The coupons are fantastic, but I wish I had a little bit more time to use them (they expire in less than 2 weeks). But that bag...it really makes the whole thing worthwhile!

Did you get your Target Beauty Bag yet? From what I've been hearing, California is the last to get them, so if you live elsewhere, I'm betting you got it by now.
SHARE:

24 comments

  1. Yeah, I'm in CA and just got mine yesterday. Had the same exact things you got in yours. I like the bag! It's very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting on mine :X. I'm in CA too though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the same samples as you, love the cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in CA too but still didn't receive mine. Hope to receive them soon! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in CA too and got the same samples as you but I love the bag so I can't complain. Sucks that we get the rut of the bunch but as you say 'free is free.'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in Utah & still waiting as well...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! That took forever and kind of annoying that you didn't get the slightly nicer sized samples. =/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I guess I was lucky enough to get the 1st batch. I'm loving the Youth Code(even though I'm in my teens still), makeup bag and the pond wipes. I'm really stoked that there's a Sonia Kashuk coupon in the booklet too. :O

    ReplyDelete
  9. I missed out this time, got to the site too late! Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I must have been in the second batch, though I think I only got mine last week. I've used the TRESemme shampoo, and it was good! Very moisturizing but it didn't weigh my (oily) hair down. It ran out too fast, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just thinking about this today! I haven't gotten mine yet and I'm in California. But last time they had the makeup bag freebie, I somehow got 2 of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Got mine about a week or week and a half ago, it had the same stuff as yours; I'm' in IN. The pouch itself is my favorite part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy snaps! I just remembered I learned about the target bag from you last year (and I missed it). But since it's that time of the year again (I know it passed and I missed it again this year too lol), I've been reading your blog for a YEAR! Happy Anniversary G! Whatcha get me?! LOL. Jk jk. I'm not a creep. I just didn't realize how time flies! I remember the days when I was just a noobie getting into makeup! You really help me get into it (I don't know whether I should be angry or grateful to you). Jk jk, it's grateful :]! Thanks for an awesome blog! I know you'll make use of those coupons :)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. im in CA & got the same thing. wish i could have gotten the mini bottle of Aveeno Lotion and a Burt's Bees moisturizer sample tho... T_T i know its free, but compared to last year... it kind of seems sparse

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for all the feedback, ladies! Glad to know I'm not the only one who just got this is. And for those who still haven't rec'd, don't give up hope! Hopefully you'll get yours next week. :)

    Teemetric: Thank you SO much for reading my blog--for a year! WOW! Happy anniversary. :) LOL! I'm afraid that all I can give you as a present right now is big, warm cyber-hug: *hugs*. Wish I could give it to you in person! Lots of love, G. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEP I'M in Cali too and I received mine on Thurs with the same items as you ,cute bag!

    ReplyDelete
  17. From CA I got it like tuesday.I also got the same stuff as you.Thanks for sharing this with us!For you I got the free samples and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in So Cal and got the same samples as you did G. My beauty bag arrived on Wednesday November 2nd. I was surprised to see it because I forgot all about it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. I got this awhile ago and was so excited to get it since I forgot all about it!! Thanks for original link to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got mine!! It must have been between Thursday and Saturday since i just checked the mail today. I got the same things you did, and I love the bag! it's super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree free is free, but like you I was apart of the third batch and didn't receive the Burt's bees nor the Aveeno sample.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm in NorCal, and got my bag today. I was worried I wouldn't get it at all because of the site problems that day.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig