Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Last minute Father's Day Gifts: Part One

It's getting down to the wire now, lovelies! You've only got a few more days to get the perfect gifts for the dads in your life, and I wanted to share a few ideas with you.

For Part One of this series, I'd like to show you some splurge-worthy men's grooming products that I've recently had my "official male testers" (aka my dad and boyfriend) try out. As you all know, I don't normally review higher-end products on this blog, but if there's one holiday when splurging is totally justified, it's Father's Day!


Disclosure: I received these products from the brand for review, HOWEVER, for many years now I have purchased L'Occitane's men's products as gifts for the men in my life. I can tell you first-hand that the men in my life love L'Occitane men's grooming products, so I'm hoping the men in your life will love them too.

L'Occitane Verdon Collection
Instant Energy Eye Gel Roll-On (retail: $26, .33 oz)
Outdoor Moisturizer SPF30 (retail: $32, 1.7 oz)
Energy Moisturizer (retail: $28, 1.7 oz)

If the men in your life are anything like the men in mine, they do not splurge on grooming products. But if they're given nice products, they always seem to love them (they're so funny like that, aren't they?).

The new Verdon Collection from L'Occitane (named for the Verdon valley in Provence) contains lots of great skincare and shaving products that are packed full of nourishing ingredients and have a wonderful, light, minty, aquatic scent to them. My boyfriend, Mr. G, loves the fragrance of these products, and his favorites are the Verdon Outdoor Moisturizer SPF30 (pictured above) and the Verdon Pure Face Wash (pictured below). He found both products extremely easy to use, and he loved the fact that the moisturizer had a built-in SPF30. He said it felt great on his skin, as well (not too heavy, not too thin). He also liked the way the face wash cleansed his skin without drying or stripping it.

I had my dad try out the Verdon Instant Energy Eye Gel Roll-On (pictured above) and he loved it. He said it has a great cooling effect and it helped to de-puff his eyes in the morning. This is totally one of those products that lots of guys wouldn't purchase for themselves, but they'd sure appreciate having!

L'Occitane Verdon Collection
Pure Face Wash - travel size (retail: $7, 1.7 oz)
Invigorating Shave Gel (retail: $15, 3.4 oz)

To see all of the products in the Verdon Collection, click here.

And one final note: I wanted to point out, for those of you who may be unaware, that L'Occitane is one of the few beauty brands to feature braille on their packaging. I think this is a wonderful thing, so I wanted to call it to your attention:


To purchase L'Occitane products, visit your local L'Occitane boutique (click here for a list of locations) or order online.

I hope this post helps those of you who may still be in search of the "perfect" gift for the dad in your life!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig