Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 9, 2010

Wet n Wild's Ambassador of the Month

Dear readers, I've been sitting on a piece of information for a while that I can finally reveal to you today, and I am so excited to share it with you that I'm about to burst with happiness!

If you subscribe to the Wet n Wild newsletter, then you know that a few weeks ago they announced the creation of the "Wet n Wild Ambassador of the Month". This is a brand new program they've created to work with Wet n Wild fans and develop a team to be the first to test new products before they're in stores (along with other great opportunities such as being featured on the Wet n Wild site, etc.).

As many of you know, I've been using Wet n Wild products since high school (the late 80s) and I've even showed you that I still have a bottle of Wet n Wild nail polish in the old-school packaging. In other words, I'm a die-hard fan of Wet n Wild and I always have been, since I very first spotted their products on drugstore shelves. I've been around through all of their different packaging redesigns and product launches and I've never lost my love for their super-affordable, quality products. Heck what kind of budget-beauty-lover would I be if I didn't know a thing or two about Wet n Wild, right? They were the first, in my memory, to offer makeup with a $1 price-tag at the drugstore in the 1980's, and it says a lot about them that they still offer a $1 range to this very day.

So it is with an enormous amount of respect and gratitude that I announce to you that I, Gianna, have been officially selected as:

Wet n Wild's very first Ambassador of the Month!

Thank you, Wet n Wild, for this honor. And thank you for giving all of us truly affordable makeup for the past three decades. Your makeup has seen me through a lot of special times in my life (I wore your cherry-tomato-red lipstick to my prom in 1989!) and I'm constantly amazed by the level of new and wonderful products you present to us year after year (please, please consider making those Pixie Holiday palettes part of your permanent collection in 2011--it sure would make a lot of us happy! Ha!).

So what does this mean for you, my lovely readers? Well, right off the bat, it means that I'll be able to give you information about new and upcoming Wet n Wild products, including my detailed reviews, before they even hit stores, and I may even have a few other surprises for you in the months to come!

Thanks again to Wet n Wild, and thanks to YOU for supporting me and giving me a reason to continue to blog about affordable beauty. Your enthusiasm keeps me going every day, and for that I am sincerely grateful.
Disclosure: The above image is published by request from Wet n Wild. NouveauCheap.blogspot.com has not received any form of compensation, monetary or otherwise, for writing this post or for accepting the title of "Wet n Wild Ambassador of the Month". NouveauCheap.blogspot.com has received editorial samples from Wet n Wild for past reviews, and will continue to receive editorial samples for future reviews. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

38 comments

  1. Congrats, G! You totally deserve it. Hope they extend the ambassador program to non-US in the future, cause we do want to know about new products too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been very surprised if they didn't pick you! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!

    I have so many items on my US shopping list because of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Although, really? How could I NOT see that coming, haha. Can't wait to see what this brings us! =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! i'm so happy for you!! congratulations =] they picked the PERFECT person to be their ambassador!

    can't wait for the new products you'll be reviewing and I will be enabled to buy! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! =) You deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Well deserved. I look forward to what you have to share. I love Wet n Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, love! You are awesome and I have expanded my Wet n Wild collection because of you :) Definitely looking forward to seeing what you have to share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. H: Thank you, sweetie!

    JP: Ha! You are too kind. :)

    Sirvinya: Thank you! And I hope you get those goodies soon. :)

    Carolanne: lol!! Thank you, honey.

    C: OMG, you are so sweet! Thank you, love. And yeah, I have a feeling I will be enabling you soon. ;)

    theetinygoat: Thanks! :)

    MissPukka: Thank you so much. :)

    Stephanie: You and me both! Thanks so much, honey. xo

    Lacey: Thank you, honey! And I am so glad the purchases you've made are working out for you. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! How exciting! I love Wet and Wild so I'm anxious to hear all the inside info about their new products. And I love your reviews. So this is great news!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! Woohoo! Can't wait to here more news about Wet and Wild in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsay: Thank you so much for that! And yeah, I'm pretty excited myself to see what's on the WnW horizon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mindy: Thanks so much, sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! You totally deserve it. I know that I found your blog when I was Googling for reviews of the Wet 'n Wild Craze nail polishes. I was having a conversation about WnW with my mother the other day, who usually thinks of WnW as "trashy" and some of the arguments I used to the contrary same from your blog (like the Mac color dupes in the Night Elf palette). So, you've been acting as a WnW ambassador before this program was even established.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Elocina: Wow, I am speechless! Thank you so very much for taking the time to share that with me! I think that sometimes people who are used to higher-end cosmetics have a perception of WnW that just simply isn't true. And like you experienced, it takes a bit of convincing sometimes, but hopefully your mom will come around! lol! ;) Thanks again, honey. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, you deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yaaaay! Congratulations! I've been using Wet n Wild makeup since middle school (mid 90's) so I know how you feel about it.

    I would like to say that in the past five to ten years I'd stopped thinking of them as a quality makeup brand as I got distracted by others, and your blog is a big part of why I've started wearing Wet n Wild again. I now have several products that I use on a regular basis (Nutty is one of my go-to eyeshadows and I wear their nail polishes constantly).

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the new and awesome content you'll be able to give us about them. Thanks for all your work!

    ...you should tell them I want new pretty glossy lipsticks without frostiness.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so cool! There isn't anyone more deserving of this than you. I had forgotten about Wet n Wild in recent years but thanks to you I have rediscovered my love of their products. I'm looking forwards to future WnW posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i can think of no one more deserving of the honour, and i hope you have a fantastic experience as the official ambassador. you've been an effective ambassador for ages already!

    congratulations G!

    ReplyDelete
  20. congrats! i can't wait for new wet n wild products in 2011, in particular, their eye shadow palettes are amazing! love love love their eye shadow palettes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats G! It's so fitting that you're the first one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. G that is AWESOME!!!! Congrats to you - what an honor!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow that is SUCH an honor!!! Congratulations Gianna!!! I can not wait to hear and see all about your month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! That is so awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to see what reviews and new products you are going to have to show us!

    ReplyDelete
  25. COngrats girl! You totally deserve it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's so great! WnW made the perfect choice for their first Ambassador :-) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congratulations! It couldn't have gone to a nicer or a more deserving blogger. You've been a great ambassador for WnW's best products thus far and it's great to get some recognition. Hope this brings you even more fans-- your assiduousness in bringing us recessionistas the best in affordable beauty is truly admirable & ought to be lauded as widely as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats. I love finding other hard core Wet n Wild fans and they deserve them. I've been using their polishes since the mid '80s, since only they and Andrea (the company that makes lashes & eye makeup remover) were only companies that made super cool polish colors. I have a good memory of wearing their black polish with their multi colored glitter top coat, to my first appointment to get checked out for braces in '85. I'm so glad they're still going strong and getting better than ever.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Congratulations G! That's awesome! I love hte brand. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  30. WOW Giana! This is SO exciting, congrats:]

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's fantastic! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  32. WOO HOO! Looking forward to reviews of new WnW products! Congrats, G!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That is AMAZING news! Congrats :D

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig