Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review: New Carmex Vanilla and Lime Twist Click Sticks

With all these new drugstore products releasing right now, I'm thrilled to actually give you a review of some of them today! Yay!

I mentioned a little while ago that Carmex just released two new Click Stick flavors: Vanilla and Lime Twist. The folks at Carmex were kind enough to send both of them to me for a review, so I'd love to share my thoughts with you about each brand new flavor.

Just a quick note: someone had asked why these lip balms were called "Click Sticks" and that's super easy to answer: they make a tiny little clicking noise when you twist up the balm!

Left: Carmex Lime Twist Click Stick SPF15
Right: Carmex Vanilla Click Stick SPF15
(retail: $1.69 each at Walgreens)


I love the caps on these balms!



There is so much I love about the look these little balms: the cute pictures of limes and vanilla flowers on the labels, the little Carmex logo on the caps, and the semi-translucent balms themselves.

As for the fragrance and flavors? Well they both do have that signature Carmex undertone and "tingle" but I was very surprised to discover that the lime in Lime Twist is far more dominant than the signature Carmex flavor and fragrance. If you're a lime lover like me, I think you just might need this one. I have absolutely fallen in love with it and I haven't stopped wearing it to bed for the past eight nights. It's such a lovely, refreshing lime fragrance (and flavor). I cannot get enough.

As for Vanilla, I don't think the vanilla note is as predominant as the lime in Lime Twist, but it is still detectable. I can smell hints of it in the tube, and I can also taste a bit of vanilla in the flavor, but it doesn't reach out and grab me like the lime does. It's softer and more subtle, but it's definitely there, and it's a true, creamy vanilla when you get whiffs of it.

As for the formula, I think that fans of the original Click Sticks will not be disappointed. These new flavors have SPF15, and they glide across the lips with ease. They both feel extremely creamy and nourishing on my lips, and they last throughout the night when I apply them before bed. I can still feel them on my lips in the morning, and my lips are ever-so-soft when I wake up.

For $1.69 a piece, I think you simply cannot go wrong. And if you're a lime lover, meet your new favorite lip balm!

Are you already a Carmex fan? Have you spotted these new flavors at your local Walgreens yet? Are you tempted to pick one up? I'd love to hear from you!

By the way, I've also reviewed Carmex's other new products if you're interested: click here to see my Carmex Moisture Plus Tinted Lip Balm review, and click here to see my Carmex Healing Lotion and Healing Cream review.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I want - no, NEED - these! I keep forgetting to look though, the only place I've remembered to check is Meijer and Ulta, and neither had them. I looove anything lime. Must get thee to Wags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I'm definitely going to try the vanilla one! Thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carmex has always been the only brand of lip balm that works for me. Needless, to say, I will be trying these out ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE lime. I've been trying forever to find some lime lip balm that actually smells like lime and not lemon-lime candy or Sprite. I'm excited for this, everything I have tried that you have recommended I have loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm OBSESSED with Carmex products. They're such an essential, especially for me now that it's winter time. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JenJen: Oh honey, I believe these are exclusive to Wags, which would explain why you haven't seen them yet! Hope that helps. :)

    Jennifer: You are so welcome! :)

    Yuki: Yay! So glad you like Carmex too.

    Jessi: Yay for lime lovers! I do want to warn you though that this one's not just lime--it's got that signature Carmex smell/taste/tingle to it, but the lime is a strong note in the mix. I really hope you love it as much as I do! :)

    glitteryeyesxx: I'm so glad you love Carmex too--I don't think these will disappoint you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen these yet... I'm not a huge fan of Carmex but I do love lime!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i don't think i've seen these before in my local drugstores, but i'll definitely be on the look out! thank you for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SO want the Lime one! They are for sure only going to be at Wags? Do you know when they might be out? lol...I'm sorry I keep asking you when everything is going to be out. I LOVE your blog, and have seriously started a list of things I want to pick up, that I've seen on here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh now I am super happy I picked the lime on at Walgreens. Thanks for review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen them but Carmex dries me out due to the camphor or menthol or whatever it is, so it kind of defeats the purpose- despite the fact that I still wanted them for the scents, LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig