Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Friday, September 10, 2010

Review: New Carmex Healing Lotion and Healing Cream

I was super excited a few weeks ago when I mentioned to you that I spotted these new Carmex lotions at Walgreens. I've talked about Carmex on this blog several times (in addition to reviewing their lip products I've also hosted a few Carmex giveaways) so when I saw these new bodycare products, I was SUPER excited to try them.

I was recently sent both the Carmex Healing Lotion and Healing Cream for review, and I wanted to hurry up and post my review as quickly as possible since you can snag these for just 99-cents at Walgreens (sale ends Sept. 25th). As I mentioned earlier in the week, Walgreens currently has these products on sale for $4.99 (retail: $6.49) with $4 back in Register Rewards! But hurry if you want to take advantage of this deal!

So let's get right into the review:



Let's cut right to the chase here. If you have dry to severely-dry skin, you might LOVE these formulas. I've been using them for a few days now and the one thing I can say with absolute certainty is that both the lotion and the cream instantly moisturize my skin and leave a rich, protective coating behind. The coating is not sticky or greasy to me, but it's thicker than your average lotion or cream. This is heavy-duty stuff, folks. 


As you can see in the above pic, the Healing Cream (which is designed for hands, feet and other targeted areas) is thicker and more dense than the Healing Lotion. For me, the Healing Lotion is easier to apply to large areas of skin because it glides more easily over the skin (due to the thinner consistency). But that's not to say the Healing Lotion doesn't moisturize! It definitely does, and it's been wonderful for my dry legs.

The Healing Cream has been pretty incredible for my dry hands and feet this week. As the tube indicates, you really only need to use a small amount and you will instantly feel the results. I love that this cream leaves a protective barrier on my hands and even stands up to multiple hand-washings. It also seems to be helping my poor, dry cuticles.

Now let's talk about the fragrance. I love it. It smells very, very similar to the original Carmex lip balm, but maybe just a tad bit softer and creamier and with a bit more of a vanilla note. If you like how Carmex lip balm smells, you'll probably love this.

All in all, I would recommend both Carmex Healing Lotion and Healing Cream those of you with very dry skin. Both formulas may be a tad much on skin that doesn't need immediately, serious relief, because both formulas are thick and leave a protective barrier behind. But like I mentioned before, I don't think it's greasy or sticky, which is what I love the most about these products. I can feel them on my skin, but they don't get in the way of my normal daily activities.

Have you already tried either of these products? Are you thinking about picking them up before the sale at Wags ends? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. i was looking forward to this when you first mentioned it, so i sought it out at my walgreens and tried their tester. i was surprised at the texture of the lotion, it moisturized really well! but the scent was exactly like the balm which is fine but i expected it to be, idk softer or something. but a few minutes later i lifted my hand to scratch my nose or something and the vapors of the lotion hit my eyes and they stung so bad! i immediately washed off the lotion and didn't buy it. i'm glad you like it but the vapor was too much for me :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Carmex lotion (picked up a ton this past week), not so big on the cream. When I looked at the ingredients on both of them, though, I swear they were the same. The different sized bottles made it difficult to compare, so I'm not going to say they're for sure the same. Either way, I love it and I will probably get more.

    Are you sure the register reward deal ends tomorrow? I thought it said it went until the 25th on the display, of course, my memory isn't the best so don't take my word for it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try these...but it does go until Sep 25!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kellie: OMG, I am SO sorry to hear that! Honestly, the fragrance hasn't bothered me one bit and I've been using both of these products night and day. And to me, they do have a softer, more creamy scent (and a bit more vanilla than the lip balm). I wonder if the bottle you used was extra-potent or something? Anyway, sorry it didn't work for you!

    geckogal: OMG, are you serious? I thought it was a normal sale that only lasted one week! That is awesome! I'll update my post right way. Thanks so much! Also, I just looked at my photos again (you can enlarge them to see the full list of ingredients) and they are definitely NOT identical. For example, the lotion contains aloe and Vit. E, whereas the cream does not. And it looks like, for the ingredients they DO have in common, the proportions are different (which is probably why the cream is much thicker than the lotion). Hope that helps!

    Tiff: Thank you for confirming this! I'll update my post right away. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yeah maybe their tester bottle was like separated or something :S it was not fun having stingy eyes! but i'm glad you like it so much--for real.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sis in law bought the lotion for my girls and they really like it. I like that the body lotion is really creamy like a body cream, but find I can't wear it during the day because I wear fragrance everyday and the scents clash. So, it's my soothing night time lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just picked up the hand cream today, and I absolutely love it!! I hate most hand creams because they feel so greasy and never soak in. I didn't have that problem with the carmex hand creams.. Also I picked up the suave vanilla lilac lotion that you had reviewed, right now at wags they are 2/$6 and you get a $2RR, so pretty much 2/$4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need the healing cream! My hands are so dry right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness I hadn't heard of these yet. I will definitely be giving them both a try soon!

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could not wait to try these since winning the Carmex lippie prize, I'm totally addicted.

    Just in from Walgreens where I sampled both the cream and the lotion and loved them so much I bought one of each.

    I LOVE THE FRAGRANCE!!!!

    It's taken nearly 41 years but I finally found a Holy Grail hand salve.

    The nice lady rang them up separately so I got $8 in register rewards and then she rang up the rest of my order so I got a gorgeous body wash, a pretty Revlon sparkle top coat and a bag of cotton balls for almost free.

    Thanks for the tip, G!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've had the Healing Cream since the first day I read about it on here, on your blog. :-) I LOVE it! I have a tube on my nightstand and it's over half gone already. I really like how it sinks in, and doesn't leave a greasy feel. I like the smell too. I will def. be using this on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to try those new items soon. I haven't seen it around me ever but I need to keep a lookout for it- sounds like it can be great for my legs & feet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow I love Carmex lip balms with a passion and I'm so glad to see they're coming out with new products. I hope these work on me as well as the lip stuff!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig