Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Review: Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss Eau de Toilette

Back in August, when Bath & Body Works first released mini-bottles of lotion in their new scent, Dark Kiss, I posted a complete review here. Since that review, I was lucky enough to receive the eau de toilette of Dark Kiss, so now I'd like to share with you my thoughts about Dark Kiss in this form.

Bath & Body Works Dark Kiss eau de toilette (retail: $29.50)


Unless you've never been to a Bath & Body Works, you know that the $29.50 price tag shouldn't scare you off.  BBW often runs sales, and if you really love Dark Kiss, you can also purchase it in various other forms that are less expensive than the EDT.

That said, I think the eau de toilette of Dark Kiss is quite lovely and, on my skin, rather long-lasting. The bottle is pretty (not my favorite of all bottle designs from BBW--that award would go to Twilight Woods) and as with all the other EDTs from BBW, the shape of the glass and style of the lid are elegant and distinctly different than the body mist, shower gel, et al.


What most surprised me about the eau de toilette is that it smells practically identical to the lotion. I love that! Sometimes I find that the lotion form of a scent varies dramatically from the EDT, but not so with Dark Kiss. You'll be able to layer to your heart's content and know that the transition from lotion to EDT will be a very smooth one.

I simply adore Dark Kiss for the fall and winter seasons. If you'd like to see my take on this fragrance, I describe it as best I can in this review. BBW currently has BUY3GET2FREE and BUY2GET1FREE promotions in-store and online, so, if you're a die-hard fan of Dark Kiss, it's definitely a nice time try it in other forms*.

Do you already own Dark Kiss? What version(s) do you own? I have yet to try the shower gel but I think it's next on my list.

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.

*Huge thanks to the lovely LemonJitters for her help in confirming that "form" is the correct word to use in this sentence. If you follow me on Twitter, you know I was losing my mind about this earlier today.
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I bought this one the day it was released. And, if I remember right, I got an email saying that they were releasing it the Sat before the previously stated Mon. Anyway, I rushed to my store and got mine.

    I was really surprised that I liked this. It's a favorite now. I have the wash, lotion, and spray. I got another wash and lotion and gave them away.

    I love the buy 3 get 2 free. Gonna do that with the next new one, "Secret Wonderland." I'll be looking for your review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dark Kiss! I haven't really liked anything BBW has put out lately, but this scent won me back!
    I have the body spray, hand cream and candle. I want to get the EDT and body wash next. ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the scent. It's one of my favorite scents from them, but it's just not something that I can wear on a regualr basis. It's way to sweet for me so I just stick with the body splash since I would get more use out of it. (:

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig