Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods has literally rocked my world

If you're a loyal reader of this blog, you know that 1) I'm longtime, die-hard Bath & Body Works fan and 2) I'm a perfume addict. I take my fragrances very seriously and I don't review a fragrance here unless there's something about it I really love and want to share it with you. Otherwise, what's the point, right? There are plenty of fragrances that I don't like, so I don't like to waste my time, or yours, telling you about something that doesn't smell amazing to me.

Which brings me to Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods (retail price for the edt: $29.50). To be perfectly honest, when I first heard the name, I thought this was going to be a very woodsy, heavy, masculine-type scent. I didn't rush out to sniff it, that's for sure. But then I was sent a bottle for review and my entire world was rocked.

First, the bottle! Oh my.



Now this is the image from the BBW website. Very pretty, right? But in person, the beauty of this bottle is on a whole other level.


Even the box is stunning.


Oh, this bottle! Gorgeous.


I love the graduated colors that look like a beautiful sky at twilight.


And I love how the back of the bottle is etched glass and the image of the tree is done in a relief design.

Trust me when I tell you that this bottle is even prettier in person. Which of course leads me to the fragrance inside. From the BBW website:

Master perfumers have blended apricot nectar, mimosa petals, and Tuscan cypress to create this hypnotic fragrance inspired by a romantic walk in enchanted woods.
  • Fragrance Top Notes: Juicy Berry, Sparkling Mandarin, hint of Coconut
  • Fragrance Mid Notes: Creamy Frangipani, Soft Mimosa, Wet Honeysuckle, Wild Freesia, Apricot Nectar
  • Fragrance Base Notes: Oud Wood, Skin Musk Captive, Vanilla Milk, Warm Woods
To my nose, this is creeeeeeeeeeamy, creamy, creamy! If you love warm, sweet and velvety fragrances, this one is for YOU. When you sniff this, you get the velvety apricot, you get the creamy coconut, and you get so much more.

And here's why this fragrance literally rocked my world:

After wearing this for a few hours, it hit me. Ladies, this is a very close match to my favorite fragrance of all time: Chantecaille Frangipane (retail: $95). I've been wearing Chantecaille Frangipane for almost ten years now. I will stop at nothing to get another bottle when I'm running low.

Here are the notes in Chantecaille Frangipane:

Top notes : Exotic Orange, Water Hyacinth, Violet Leaves
Middle notes : Jasmine, Frangipani Blossom, Ylang-Ylang
Base notes : Vanilla, Musk, Vetiver

Comparing the notes, I think you can see the similarities. I can't even express to you how this makes me feel. I no longer have to spend $70-$95 to get my Chantecaille Frangipane fix. Seriously, Bath & Body Works Twilight Woods is such a close match that it completely satisfies me. And to think that I can even get it in a lotion, shower gel, body butter, hand cream and body mist?!? Completely mindblowing!

If you are a fan of Chantecaille Frangipane, you need to try this. Period. And if you're not a fan, or you've never smelled Chantecaille Frangipane, I urge you to give this a sniff if you love warm, creamy, sweet and comforting scents.

Have you tried Twilight Woods already? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and gratis samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. Haven't tried it yet, personally I'm not a big fan of B&BW, except for Hello Sugar...right after i started dreaming of smelling like a big meringue pie they released it! Too bad i cannot find it anywhere now :(.

    When i saw the box of Twilight Woods, i thought 70s!! Now, you say it has apricot, vanilla and coconut, gourmand, but the final notes are exactly gourmand or something more complex??

    By the way, i loved the review! Very complete and fun to read :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try this, it sounds divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elena! I think that Twilight Woods might change your mind about BBW. :) The best description I can come up with is that this is a floral-gourmand. At first you're hit with the citrus and apricot top notes, and then a few minutes later the frangipani (plumeria) appears, but then it ultimately dries down to a warm, snuggly vanilla musk that's almost candy-like. I just cannot get over how incredibly comforting this scent is. :)

    I would LOVE to know what you think of it if you end up trying it. xo

    PS: It didn't even occur to me that this box was 70s-inspired! lol! My first impression was this almost haunting and eerie twilight sky. Which really doesn't match the warm and fuzzy scent, but oh well. It's gorgeous nonetheless! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phyrra! You neeeeeed to sniff this. And of course I'd love to know what you think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so on my must buy list. I'm a sucker for anything with a vanilla scent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. princess azure, I would love to know what you think if you get this. If you're a vanilla fan, I think you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I've *got* to try it!!! Even though I just bought my two fragrances for the winter lol (Couture Couture & Natori- both lovely)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, Scarlett! I have been wanting to sniff Natori since I read this review in August:

    http://www.nstperfume.com/2009/08/10/natori-eau-de-parfum-fragrance-review/

    Do you agree with her??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was so excited for this because I thought it WOULD be a woodsy scent. I like men's colognes better than women's perfume, so I thought this would be a scent kind of in the middle. I really didn't like it though. I used to spend sooo much money at B&BW, but I haven't been impressed lately. I do love the Nectarine Mint, though. And Rainkissed Leaves soap ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Heather! I'm so sorry this wasn't what you were expecting or hoping. :( All I can say is, there are tons of inexpensive woodsy type scents out there (especially in the men's drugstore fragrance section!) but for me, there are no fragrances that even remotely resemble my beloved Chantecaille Frangipane, so I'm just thrilled that there's finally something--and at BBW to boot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm interested to try. I don't really like bbw scents, haha, but I always hope to find one I like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW! That is such a good, accurate review of Natori!!!
    Definitely what I think of it- a grown-up, old- fashioned scent. :)
    I got mine on Ebay for about $40 BNIB, so you might try there.

    Thank you so much for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw that last week and I was addicted to the smell. I end up hoarding a lot of body sprays though so I decided against grabbing that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey! You took the words right out of my mouth regarding this fragrance. I thought it was going to be overly musky and too heavy for my taste. I love it and this is going to be a fall/winter staple! I have the purse size roll on fragrance and cannot wait to get the large bottle. Thanks for posting pics as it looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Stephanie! Definitely check this one out--it might surprise you because it's a lot different than the regular BBW scents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scarlett! Oh, I'm so glad that you found that review accurate. Now I *really* have to try it! And what a deal you scored on ebay! You go, girl! I am so jealous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Marie! I think you need to go back and get it, or at least wait until they have a good sale! lol. :)

    Hi Jules! Oh I'm so glad that someone else loves this as much as I do. Yay for us! And you're right--it is so perfect for wintertime. In fact I'm wearing it right now and I can't stop sniffing my wrists. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wear Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab perfumes pretty much exclusively but I bought up a bunch of the Twilight Woods candles and it is the most beautiful atmospheric fragrance. I have some BBW coupons to use, I'll be stocking up on more candles and some room spray and fragrance oil if they have it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi... I really want to try this fragrance, but could you tell me, do you find that the coconut note BBW mentions is very noticeable?? I know I might be the only person on the planet that does, but I absolutely HATE coconut... can't stand eating it, can't stand smelling it. So, if this fragrance has a very noticeable coconut note, I probably won't even bother driving over to my local BBW to test it out. Thanks, and I LOVE your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can smell this right now, haha. I bought it in body mist form, but I just used the triple moisture body wash and I can still smell it since I'm fresh outta the shower. It's definitely a snuggly, sexy scent. To be honest I don't smell the fruit all that immediately. Although I'm not good at describing fragrance so maybe I do LOL. But all I know is I love it. BBW has a new category of fragrances that they call "The Sexys" and this is one of them. Bwaha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Andra! Oh, I love BPAL! It's great to know that such a devoted BPAL fan has found something they love from BBW. Just goes to show they really created something new and interesting for us, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Jennifer! First of all, thanks for the sweet words about my blog. :) You ask a very good question. Honestly, I don't spray this and automatically think, "Coconut!" But I've sort of trained my nose to pick out certain scents (but I'm not expert, believe me!). So to me, I *can* detect the coconut in the background of this scent, but I honestly don't think it's predominant. It definitely adds to the creamy feeling of the fragrance though, so if you are extremely sensitive to coconut in general, my best advice would be to go down to a BBW store and give it a try before you commit to a purchase. Spray some on your wrist and leave the store for a little while. Let the scent adjust to your body chemistry and see if you detect any coconut. You won't be able to tell from just sniffing the bottle--you definitely have to test it out for a bit. It's such a lovely scent that I think it's worth the drive to at least test it out. I hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Alyson! That is too funny--it IS a pretty sexy scent though, if I do say so myself! Hey, how do you like that triple moisture body wash?

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I know why I've been so in love w/ B&BW lately... I blame it on you! Ha ha but honestly - the way you describe this fragrance and other ones... I just feel like I have to go to the store and get it right now! But I am excited for this. It seems like it would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Rec.-I really like this scent also. Make sure that BBW has your mailing address because I have gotten some GREAT coupons lately-enen one for a FREE product w/NO purchase nec. How can you beat that?

    ReplyDelete
  26. ndoodles! OMG, I am sorry for being such a bad influence, honey. lol!! But this one really is such a stand-out fragrance from BBW. I would love for you to at least give it a sniff and let me know what you think. xo

    yummy411--I'm telling you, sweetie, you need to at least sniff it. And of course I'd love to see a review on your blog. :)

    Michelle: First of all, please don't ever feel the need to apologize for a typo. In comment-land, typos are a GIVEN! I think I make at least one typo per comment these days. lol! Second, thanks so much for the info about the coupon. I am registered at BBW so I need to watch my mail closely for this deal. xo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just wanted to tell you, I went to B&BW this weekend after reading your post, and you are right, this perfume is divine! I picked up the last bottle that they had left.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Annette! Thank you SO much for taking the time to leave this comment. You totally made my day! I am so happy that you ended up loving this fragrance and that you took a chance on it based on my review! Yay!!! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. hi! i've been reading your blog for awhile but have yet to comment. after i read your post about twilight woods i wanted to check it out, and i finally purchased some today. it smells SO GOOD! normally i go for more citrusy fragrances (my "signature" is so pink by GAP) but this is the perfect wintertime scent for me. thanks for giving me the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Jennifer! Thank you SO much for taking the time to let me know about your purchase of Twilight Woods! I am THRILLED to know that, even though you don't typically go for scents like this, you ended up falling in love it. It's a super "cuddly" scent, isn't it? Thank you so much for reading my blog, and for taking a chance on this one based on my review. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Enjoy! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig