Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

New drugstore products and lots of other tidbits!

I've got lots to cover in this post so let's get right to it:

I've heard from several people that there is a new collection of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes floating about in the drugstores, but I've yet to see them in person (waaah!). If you haven't seen them either and you'd like some, the lovely Amanda, fellow blogger and Lost enthusiast, has pics of the new display AND she's also giving away some of the new, and very gorgeous, greiges! Check it out here.

My lovely reader Sara just gave me the heads-up that there seems to be an unadvertised sale going on at Rite Aid this week and the following lip balms are all just $1 with your Wellness+ Card (note: I have not been to Rite Aid this week to see if this sale is going on in my area, so definitely look for it at your local store to see if it's available): Carmex, Blistex, Chapstick, Lizard Lips, Quantum Lysine+ cold sore remedy (natural and moisturizing) Lypsyl regular or cold sore treatment. Nice find, Sara!

San Diego peeps! I've mentioned this before, but just in case you missed it, Dollar Tree sells the Bulldog Edition of the Sunday paper (aka COUPONS) on Saturday and because it's at Dollar Tree, it's just a buck. Also, on Sundays, you can go to 7-11 and get this:

Two Sunday papers for just $2.20. In other words, double the coupon inserts! Whoo hoo! This totally pays for itself (and then some).

Now I'd like to share with you some new products I've spotted at CVS and Wags over the past few days:


I spotted this Sally Hansen Insta-Dri polish display the other day and it looks to be a combination of two previous collections. Don't quote me on that, but I do remember picking up a few of these shades in the past. Nail polish gals: do you agree? Does this display contain two previous collections? If so, it would be a great way to pick up some shades that you might have missed out on the first time around.


Speaking of nail polish, I spotted this Wet n Wild Wild Shine display the other day and I got very excited when I saw the "Limited Edition" part at the top (in yellow). HOWEVER, upon closer inspection, I quickly discovered that every shade in this display has been part of the core collection for quite some time now. What gives? I'm totally confused.


I knew that Pond's was planning on rolling out new towelettes eventually because their old ones have been on deep clearance just about everywhere these days. And sure enough, I spotted two new varieties at Wags: Morning Burst Citrus & Cucumber (left) and Evening Soothe Chamomile & White Tea. Anyone try these yet?


Cortizone-10 has a new line of anti-itch lotions for hands and body called Hydratensive and it comes in two formulas: Aloe (on the left) and Oatmeal (on the right). Also, these are BOGO1/2OFF this week at Wags and there's also a $1 coupon attached to some of the tubes (see the Oatmeal tube in this pic).

Also, if you look to the right in the above pic, you'll see that Carmex has new HAND CREAM and BODY LOTION! In fact, I even spotted a display:


I gave these both a sniff and guess what? They smell like the scent of original Carmex lip balm, only a little softer and creamier. I actually love the scent, so I'm super excited to try these.

That's it for this report, but as always, I'd love to hear from you about anything I've mentioned.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. Thanks again for linking to my site G! Also, are the regular Ponds wipes in the main set in the blue packaging being discontinued? That's my HG eye makeup remover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so funny you talked about the Carmex hand lotion and cream...I bought one just yesterday!! I love it. I love the smell but have never been a huge fan of Carmex itself, but I am loving the hand cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the Morning Refresh Ponds Towlettes. I've only had them for a few days but I love how they smell, and how they make my skin feel. I definitely want to try the Evening Soothe, but my mom is making me hold off on buying anything beauty related, that I don't need, for awhile here. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. here's a link to the rite-aid sale ad i mentioned (i hope). maybe it can give you guys a better idea of what's on sale:

    http://www.riteaid.com/stores/weekly_ad/single_page_view.jsf?circularId=2371&page=16&region=east&ad_type=weekly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there any way to find out what cities sell that double coupon paper? I've seen a couple blogs about it, but IDK if it's in my town or not

    ReplyDelete
  6. amanda: You are so welcome! And I'm not sure about the Pond's towelettes. All I know is that the regular ones have been on clearance at a lot of different places .:(

    2021jacks: Oooh, I'm so glad to hear from someone who's tried it! Thanks for the rec. Can't wait to give them a shot. :)

    geckogal: Thanks for the info! I can't wait for a good sale so I can try them. :)

    sel: Oooh, thanks! I didn't see this in my flier so either I missed it or it's a regional sale (I see that your circular is for the east coast region). I'll have to check my local store and see if I can spot it! :)

    Lexi: My best advice it to check your local convenience stores like 7-11, AM/PM, etc. Those places tend to have the double newspapers. OR, you can try calling your local newspaper directly and ask if they offer it. If they do, they can probably tell you where it's distributed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when you do these posts! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. im interested in trying the new ponds wipes! i use their previous formula in the pink bag (even though its geared for anti-aging). that is probably the best smelling makeup wipe ive ever tried and awesome at removing every little piece of dirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting! I would love to try the new Pond's wipes in Morning Burst Citrus... sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lay in bed at night worried that all these new collections will hit at once. And then I'll have to pick just a few instead of 'gemme the whole damn collection!!!!'

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1xellus1: Awww, thank you honey! xo

    Kamani: You are so welcome! I'd love to know what you think of the Carmex lotion if you try it. :)

    Marj: Oh, thanks for the info on the pink package. I haven't tried those but it's nice to know they work so well. I'm really curious about these new ones. :)

    Gaby: I agree! Sounds so refreshing. :)

    Kimberly: You and me both!! Believe me!! Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in San Diego so THANKS a bunch for the coupon tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's so strange!! I saw that said Wild Shine display on Monday, and I just assumed that the original shades had all been bought, so they'd been refilled with core polishes... x.x Maybe that isn't the case??

    Speaking of which, I spotted those WnW pencil/glitter liner duos at CVS today. I was tempted to grab one, but I have like a billion liners right now, hahaha... I need to redo inventory and see what I still need before I get anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whitney: Yay for another SD gal! You are so welcome, and if you go to Dollar Tree, don't forget to look for those LA Colors Color Craze polishes. They ROCK. :) And by the way, I've done some San Diego-specific posts in the past that you might find helpful if you want to check them out:

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/05/san-diego-readers-ive-got-some-great.html

    http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-bath-body-works-and-victorias-secret.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. clementine: I'm not sure about that WnW display, but the some of the colors on the model's hands match the shades in the display. So who knows what's going on there! lol. And you're so lucky to have spotted those new liners! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig