Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

My favorite lipstain of all time: Palladio Lip Stain Extra-long Wearing Lip Markers

Given the recent rise of the drugstore lipstain (Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline) I've had plenty of opportunities to rave about my very favorite inexpensive lipstain: Palladio Lip Stain Extra-long Wearing Lip Markers (formerly Lip Ink).

I already had a few shades in my collection (I even reviewed Pinky a while back) but thanks to Palladio, I was sent the rest of the collection so that I could show you ALL of their wonderful shades:

Palladio Lip Stain Extra-long Wearing Lip Markers (retail: $5.99)

So what makes these my favorite lipstains of all time? Well for starters, they're about an inch or two shorter than other drugstore lipstains, making them much more convenient to throw in your purse. Also, I LOVE the longer application tip, which make them a breeze to apply because you can hold the side of the applicator up to your lip and swipe the color evenly and quickly. Also, they smell like watermelon!

But what I REALLY love about the Palladio Lip Stains are the colors and how they wear. Instead of a shocking blast of color to your lips (hello, Revlon!), Palladio Lip Stains deliver a sheer, yet long-wearing wash of stain to my lips. It's more subtle, but you can build for intensity. I love this for when I'm not wearing much makeup but just want the natural "I just ate a bowl of cherries" type of stain that will stay in place for hours.

And I cannot forget to mention the thing that sets Palladio Lip Stains apart from every other drugstore-level lipstain I've tried recently. When they wear off, they do NOT leave that obnoxious ring around your lips! In the pics below, you can see that after three hours, this stain wears evenly and beautifully.


I know I always apologize for how dry my lips are, but the weather has been so unseasonably cold lately in San Diego and my lips have taken a beating. But despite my dry lips, you can see that the softer pigment of Palladio Lip Stains doesn't really accentuate the dryness, and in person it looks even less severe than it does in these pics (close-up pics of dry lips always make them look 100x worse!). So anyway, my point is that these Palladio Lip Stains give me every single thing I could ever hope for in a lipstain AND they don't make my lips feel any drier than they already are.

If you're new to the whole lipstain world, or if you've tried another brand but weren't happy with the results, I strongly suggest giving Palladio a shot. You can find Palladio Lip Stains at Sally Beauty (in-store and online), the Palladio website and at various beauty supply stores across the nation.

PS: I almost forgot! I love love love that the color you see in the tube is either spot-on or very close to the color you're going to see on your lips. This is not the case with so many other brands!

Do you own any Palladio Lip Stains? How do you like them? I'd love to hear from you!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

11 comments

  1. I read your first review on the Pinky stain a while back, and ran out that moment and got it; I love it! Perfect flush of light pink color. I also got Berry, and I used it under my Revlon Matte lipstick in Really Red on 4th of July for bold red lips; I went out to eat with my friends, and they (as well as myself!) were AMAZED at how I still had those dark red lips after dinner! No splotchy patches whatsoever! Love love love! <3 =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the lip stain. Nude & Mocha give me the color I need to emphasize what would otherwise be super pale lips without the 'Bright Berry' swash other lip stains seem to leave. I'm so glad these have caught on and are widely available in NYC these days. Just repurchased the nude yesterday! Thanks for all the great products. Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, it really doesn't budge! i'll keep an eye out for these the next time i go makeup shopping


    roxy
    http://roxybeautyblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only lip stain that I have used is one of Mark's. I have a pink and a red one. My lips are dry most of the time and these would make the dry patches darker than the rest of my lips. If I remembered to use a lip scrub beforehand it was a lot smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try a lip stain and Orchid is exactly what I've been looking for! I think I'll pick up Pinky too. Thank you for the swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great performance! Every time I see them I just get so confused by the color selection, I'm not sure which one would work for me. I love the lighter colors, but since my lips are very pigmented I'm not sure if they would work on me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ive only tried 3 brands when it comes to lip stain . joe fresh, a cdn brand and etude house, a korean brand and revlon .

    joe fresh lipstain (in peach) is exactly like palladio's, with its felt tip . colors perfect peachy pink, NOTHING like revlon's . its subtle, not drying at all, & lasts for a longg time . absolutely perfect with a little lipbalm on top since i find lipglosses too sticky & oily looking for summer .

    etude house plumping lipstain looks exactly like a lipgloss . when you put it on, it still looks like lipgloss . but once that glossiness goes away after time, your lip is nicely stained just like lipstain . i have it in pink but since my lips are pretty pigmented, it doesnt look pink, it looks more .. well, like my own lip color but a LOT more pigmented . almost like a shade of red perfect for my skintone without being TOO red like a red lipstick . i dont know how else to describe it ! the color lasts a longggg time even after drinking and eating and doesnt dry my lips out at ALL .

    revlon, i just hated after using it the first time .

    its probably hard to get in US, but if you ever do come across it, give joe fresh & etude house lipstains a try !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm I might get one of these (I would either get Pinky or Rose) next time I go to Sally's! Thanks for reviewing these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I got one of these in Rose a few weeks ago (after reading about them on your blog, of course) and I love it so much!

    I always WANT to love lipstains, since I like a very natural look for daytime but I have to wear some kind of lipcolor or I can wind up looking positively mannish with my thick eyebrows and smaller eyes. And it has to last for a good long time. Lipstains seem to cover that!

    But my main problem with most lines is the color selection. Not only are they kind of up in the air when it comes to matching the tube/print swatches, but it seems none of them are ever really likely to work for me on an everyday basis. Either too pink, or too brown, or too dark altogether. At $8-9.99, I don't want to risk picking up what looks like a nice color only to find it makes me look like either a clown or a dead person, and I can never wear it. It's happened before, too. (Curse you, Cover Girl...!)

    Palladio's Rose is perfect, I think. Just like what's on the tube! Whee! I love rosy lipcolors (and I'm kind of a sucker for any cosmetic with 'rose' in the name, anyway), and this seems neither too bright nor too dark-- just right. It's almost My Lips But Better, a perfect natural look with just enough color to keep me from looking like a boy. I do have to put a balm on over it, and when I do (even after waiting minutes for it to dry), there's a slightly disconcerting smudge of color on my finger/the lip balm tube afterward, but that's about all, and after that nothing ever shows up on a cup or straw when I drink things. And it always seems to last forever and fade evenly.

    ..In fact, all this talking about it makes me want to go out tomorrow and buy another tube. For safekeeping.

    And thanks for the swatches! I might just have to try another color now, too. X)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I wish we wld get these here in India as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am looking for as close to real red as possible. my local store sells palladio. which should I use?

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig