Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 19, 2010

L.A. Colors Magnetic Force: Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Let me clarify: you shouldn't be afraid of this nail polish color, you should be afraid of the color of my fingers in these photos! In order to properly show you the true color of Magnetic Force, I had to color-correct these pics like a mad woman. Seriously, it's impossible to photograph neon corals on my camera. No matter what, they always turn to bright orange, which is nowhere near the real-life shade.

Magnetic Force is one of the shades I bought from Dollar Tree a little while back (click here to see all the shades I purchased) and I was SOOOO excited to get these LA Colors polishes from the Color Craze collection (until I spotted these at Dollar Tree, I had never seen them in person--only online).

So please keep in mind, my fingers are not purple in real life! But the polish in these photos is pretty darn close to what Magnetic Force looks like in real life:

L.A. Colors Magnetic Force (retail: $1 at Dollar Tree)

Don't look at my fingers--just look at the polish!

In the bottle, Magnetic Force looks like it's going to be a neon coral. But once I started applying it to my nails, almost all of the pink seemed to disappear and it suddenly turned into a gorgeous tangerine neon. Seriously, I'm not mad at all that this isn't what I thought it was going to be, because I adore tangerine and I own nothing that even comes close to this color. Also, when I purchased this, I didn't realize that there is a very subtle gold shimmer running through this polish, which makes it even more beautiful when you wear it. Please trust me when I tell you that Magnetic Force is gorgeous in person. As far as neons go, this isn't as bright as say, China Glaze Pool Party (a hot pink neon). In fact, when I put Pool Party next to Magnetic Force, Magnetic Force looks tame in comparison (though still bright, of course).

If you like corals and oranges, and you like bright, bold shades, I think you owe it to yourself to get out to Dollar Tree and hunt this one down. And if you like the color tangerine, you DEFINITELY need this one. For a dollar, it's a no-brainer.

One more thing: unlike so many neons, this polish does not dry to a matte finish. It's not super shiny on its own, but it's definitely not matte. I'd consider it more of a satin finish. Oh, and it dries in seconds and I only needed two coats for complete opacity.

Do you own any L.A. Colors Color Craze polishes from Dollar Tree? How do you like them? Do you own Magnetic Force? If so, do you think I did a good enough job representing this shade? I'd love to hear from you!
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. That polish looks so lovely! It's the perfect summer nail shade. I must head out to my Dollar Tree and see if they have any of those in stock. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the purple hands are a bit in vogue actually, I mean, you are totally stylin' with the avatar skintone! =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first orange nail polish I ever wore and I loved it so much I went back and bought a second bottle. >.< It's especially spectacular in the sun when you see that gold shimmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, so pretty! I love orange nail polish, especialy for summer! :)

    And by the way, I really like your blog! I've linked back to it on mine.
    Keep up the awesome work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. neons are so hard to photograph. I had the CG Shocking Pink on and that was impossible to capture on camera, how bright it was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have any LA Colors polishes; my Dollar Tree doesn't seem to have them, at least when I'm there. :/ I will definitely keep a lookout though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty/wild! If anyone has a Dollar General around LA Colors is on sale for $1 currently...but I'm not sure what colors of makeup/polishes are there

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these Oh so much. I have some blues that are truly spectacular and a teal I swear by.

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig