Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Monday, July 12, 2010

ATTN Nail Polish Lovers: Get to Dollar Tree ASAP!

So I was at my local Dollar Tree yesterday and when I walked down the cosmetics aisle I literally screamed. Not very loudly, but I did let out a "What?!?!"

I was immediately bombarded with the entire collection of L.A. Colors Color Craze polishes (NOTE: not the 2010 Color Craze collection, but the older Color Craze Collection. There is a difference! Click here to see the Color Craze collection now at Dollar Tree, and click here to see the 2010 collection, which is not at Dollar Tree, to my knowledge).

I know that Dollar Tree has always offered a collection of L.A. Colors polishes (from the core collection) but I've never seen Color Craze polishes before, and never this many shades at one time. Have you??

As many of you know, I purchased some 2010 Color Craze polishes recently from Cherry Culture (click here for that post) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. So naturally, having my pick of the entire older Color Craze collection, all for just $1 a piece, I couldn't resist (as you know, these retail for $2.50 at Cherry Culture when not on sale). So here's what I bought:

L to R: Nuclear Energy, Phenomena, Wired

PLEASE NOTE: The colors in the above pic are not 100% accurate. Nuclear Energy is pretty close, but in real life, Phenomena is actually a neon fuchsia, and Wired is a true royal blue that is deeper and darker than my pic.

L to R: Current, Radiation, Magnetic Force, Energy Source

In real life, Current is a shimmery light green that flashes baby blue, Radiation is a shimmery mid-range blue that flashes green, Magnetic Force is a hot pink neon that totally reminds me of China Glaze Pool Party, and Energy Source is a true white creme.

When my friendly Dollar Tree cashier was ringing me up, she said, "Wow, I'm so happy to see that you're buying these. All my hard work paid off." Of course I said, "What do you mean?" And she said, "Well we just got this shipment in over the weekend and there were literally 200 polishes in the shipment. It took me all weekend to get these unpacked and in the display, and I still don't have room for all of them. That's why you'll see a few colors on one rack--I ran out of room." And sure enough, there were colors hiding behind other colors! After looking at the entire collection on the Cherry Culture site, I can confirm that every single color in the collection was available (again, click here to see the complete selection). Oh, and if you're a gold and/or silver metallic fan, I can confirm that in real life, Live and Wave Length are silver and gold metallics!

One of my lovely friends in Northern California also spotted these L.A. Colors Color Craze polishes over the weekend at HER Dollar Tree, so it looks like they've hit all of California. If you can't find these at your Dollar Tree yet, just wait because I'm sure they're on their way!

PS: I also spotted a new end-cap display of L.A. Colors Art Deco Nail Art polishes at my Dollar Tree yesterday as well, so keep an eye out of for those!
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. I couldn't find any nail polish when I was at a Dollar Tree in Long Beach, except for the nail art pens. So sad that I miss out on these Color Craze

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a couple of these that i bought from dollar tree about two months ago. i have atomic, which is a teal blue color, and nuclear energy. i haven't worn them yet. they're still in the package, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dollar Tree got these in several weeks ago and I got a bunch of them. I don't think they had every color in the collection though. I know I got the bright purple, bright pink, bright orange with gold shimmer (AMAZING color!), silver, white...and I think two different blues. They're so great! I've worn the orange twice since then (which never normally happens since I polish my nails once a week), and got great wear out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't see any nail polishes at my Dollar Tree, but yesterday when I went I found a TON of NYC cosmetics and other random makeup products (LA Colors eyeshadows, Maybelline products, Sally Hansen by Carmindy, etc). This seems to be the week for Dollar Tree, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my Dollar Tree started carrying the Color Craze polishes around April but not the whole collection, just 7 or 8 shades :(

    I have Electric Charge, Magnetic Force and Mega Watt. And I just picked up Atomic, the teal shade this past weekend. I haven't opened that one yet.

    I don't recommend Mega Watt. It's kind of a pinky, beige nude shade. Really pretty in the bottle but so, so sheer. Definitely not what I expected from a shade called Mega Watt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ommmmmggggggg!!!!!!
    I wish our main dollar store would start carrying LA too :)
    Cause that is an AWESOME deal XD
    I wish I could get myelf there :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting this! i threw out my packages and don't know the names, lol.

    i found mine at DEALS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen polishes at my Dollar Tree, but I am going there ASAP. Just because I can never stop hoping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found some of these a few weeks ago at my Dollar Tree. I bought Phenomena and a really pretty gold shade which I believe is called Mainstream. There was also a pretty blue shade, which looks a bit like Radiation, but the bottle was broken in the packaging and was leaking out everywhere! So I just got the purple, Phenomena, and the gold, Mainstream. I really like them! I've even done a french manicure with them, using Phenomena as the base, and then used Mainstream for the tips. It's cool!

    I'd love to get my hands on Current! It looks so pretty! Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Dollar Tree...

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT?!?! I was at a HUGE Dollartree on Saturday and the only NP I could find were a few horribly seperated Maybellines and a few LA Colors Nail Art things.... booo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a quick question about using coupons at Walgreens (I'm sure this is the same for most drugstores?). I tried to look for the answer on your blog because I'm sure you've answered this already, so I'm sorry if I totally missed it!
    But anyway, I have two Rimmel $1 off coupons from allyou.com. Can I use them both at one time, like this week at Walgreens, while Rimmel is BOGO 1/2 off? Meaning using one coupon for each item.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My Dollar Tree had some in a month ago, but only for 2 weeks, then they (along with practically everything else cosmetics-related except for flavored lip gloss tubes) vanished... and I can tell you, having visited that DT a few times, I honestly doubt a single one was sold (I planned on grabbing a few, but by the time I had enough money they were gone). I haven't really seen any cosmetics in that DT since. :(

    ReplyDelete
  13. So far I've picked up 4 of the color craze polishes from mine. I've got Current, Magnetic Force, Nuclear Energy and Static Electricity. I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I guess I know where I'll be on lunch today! (yay) I hope they have them at our Dollar Tree here in upstate NY!!!! fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never even been to dollar tree but now I am going to find it and hunt down the deals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for Dollar Tree! The one that is 1/2 an hour away from my house in norcal had them about a month ago but they didn't have the full collection. I only bought one shade, Mega Watt which I really like because I like nude nail polish. They are opening a new dollar tree down the street from my house on the 22nd. I can't wait to see if they have even more stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. just spotted this at a store just a few blocks away for a $1 and change! First thing I did was check you blog for swatches! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dang I need to hit up the Dollar Store more often. There's one just down the road from me!! Thanks for the heads-up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yosh! Picked up four bottles at the third Dollar Tree I went to. Wave Length is one of them, and it's not gold at all but rather a goldenrod yellow. Only in the sun does it glitter gold a bit. Still, it's still a pretty good deal and I can't wait to try the other colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your "northern California" corresondent here. I just did my toes w/the Static Electricity. It started a bit streaky, but after two coats looks great. It's a matte finish in wild blue. It's great fun! :-)

    d xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just picked up wired today from the dollar store. It looks so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great lead about the Dollar Tree! Nice to be able to add to your colors, regularly, without spending so much to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh wow...these polishes are so pretty...god why there are none of these in Canada!

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig