Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Review: Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Just Peachy

I reviewed the Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Wine Room a while back (click here if you missed it) and today I'd like to show you the other color I received for review, Just Peachy.


Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color Collection

If you missed my initial review of these new lipsticks, let me just tell you my thoughts in a nutshell. They are truly long-wear (they last hours and hours on my lips) and, because they're so long-wear, the texture is on the thick and dry side of the spectrum. But please don't let that stop you from trying them, because I have found that despite their drier texture, they're still quite creamy and, for me, not drying in the slightest. Whenever I wear one of these lipsticks, I'm amazed that my lips don't feel gritty when I rub them together, and it also doesn't feel like I'm wearing a glue stick. So many other long-wear lipsticks seem to possess both of those qualities, so it's just wonderful that I'm able to get the matte, opaque, and long-wear benefits without any of the icky stuff.

Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in Just Peachy (retail: $2.99)

Just Peachy is a richly pigmented peachy-nude matte. When I apply it, it completely cancels out my natural lip color and gives me essentially the exact color I see in the tube. Not only is it a great color by itself, but I think it's ideal for wearing as a base when layering over light shades of gloss (especially sparkly glosses that you really want to show off).

Here is Just Peachy swatched next to Wine Room, just for color reference:


And here is Just Peachy on my lips:



All in all, I think Just Peachy is a great color that pairs wonderfully with a smokey eye or a natural look. And with summer right around the corner, it's a color that screams to be worn on tanned skin, for sure.

Do you own any Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Colors? What's your favorite shade?

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

15 comments

  1. i just got this with the rite aid bogo, and its a little light for me (aka, lips look out of place on my face) =[ but it DOES look really good with lighter lip glosses on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had one of these lipsticks i think the shade was think pink. i must say i didn't care for it at all. as you said they are thick and dry, but it did feel gritty on my lips so i ended up tossing it out. the just peachy shade looks good on you though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any of their lipsticks, but I will definitely be looking into getting some. I'm kind of transitioning from being an all gloss gal to wearing lipsticks also.

    I can say though that I incredibly impressed with Wet n' Wild. They have drastically improved their look and quality of their products. I have purchased many of their color icon shadow palettes which I am in LOVE with. They are so pigmented! I also love their nail polishes. Great price and amazing products! I'll be trying these lipsticks next!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I definitely have to try these out! Thanks ;D!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have Mauve Outta Here. It's a really pretty, fresh blue-toned pink. I absolutely love it for spring. It's a really wearable statement, and I feel so girlish when wearing it. They are dry, but not dry-ing. They last really long, and I love not having to reapply.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that color! I wish my rite aid had the new wnw products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm this reminds me a lot of MAC Brave New Bronze

    ReplyDelete
  9. omgoodness, that's one of my favorite lipsticks of all time! it's so hard to find a pretty peachy nude at the drugstore, but this one is perfect. i agree, it does great with any shade of gloss. btw, their new megalast nail polish is great too. "private viewing" is my fave. it's an awesome sand/fawn color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome review. that shade is just sooo pretty :) I'll check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great on you! Unfortunately, this color did nothing for me. It looked like a put a crayon on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I'm going to get these now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a really pretty color!

    Visit my blog too sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't remember their names, but I bought 902C and 903C and I love both of them, I prefer 903C which is a light pink color and it's sooo pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How interesting is that, on my lips just peachy is almost pink haha and on yours it's a great nude/peachy color :( unfair grrrr ! haha

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig