Don't forget to check the beauty sale pages at Macy's here and
Nordstrom here for new beauty deals plus free shipping!


Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Nailene Skinny French Tip Pen Polka-Dot Mani

When I reviewed the new Nailene Skinny French Tip Pen a few days ago (click here for my review), I mentioned that I thought this pen might work well for nail art too. Well, I am delighted to tell you that it does work great for nail art, specifically for polka-dots! Check it out:



I have never been able to do polka dots on my nails (even with using a toothpick, etc.) but the Nailene Skinny Tip Pen makes it super easy. Literally, all you have to do is quickly dot it onto your nails (be sure to keep the pen perpendicular to your nail bed) and in seconds you have perfect little dots!

In this manicure I used the Limited Edition Milani Nail Lacquer Radiant in Purple (from the Welcome Back Color collection that I spotted last September) as a base, and then I just dotted on the Nailene Skinny Tip Pen after letting the base color dry. I topped it off with Nailene's top coat (which comes with the Skinny Tip Pen) and viola! Instant cuteness!



Even the boyfriend, who thinks most nail art is wacky, looooved this. :)

Do you like decorating your nails with polka dots from time to time? And if so, do you think the Nailene Skinny Tip Pen would be a useful tool for you? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

A sample of this product was given to Nouveau Cheap for editorial purposes, either directly from the manufacturer or from the agency that works on behalf of the manufacturer. All reviews on NouveauCheap.blogspot.com are the honest opinion of its author and editorial samples do not, in any way, affect the outcome of product reviews.
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Cute nails!! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Rita! I'm glad somebody else out there likes this design as much as I do! lol. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I love short, square nails with dark colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so so cute! I would love one of those to polka my nails up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tyna: Thank you, thank you!! :) xo

    Lillian: I can SO see you rocking polka dots and looking absolutely stunning while rocking them! But then again, you're freaking adorable without the help of polka dots so they'd only enhance your adorable-ness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nailene's So Real Fingernails are the best! They actually do look real!
    txgigggles@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I love and encourage comments here at Nouveau Cheap, and I do not censor comments unless they violate my comment policy, which you can view here.

Please refrain from comments that contain:
• Links to your own blog or website
• Advertisements or referral links

Thanks very much for your help in keeping this a spam-free zone.

© 2009- Nouveau Cheap. All rights reserved.
BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig